Chance Warmack - OG - Alabama

Smoke-E

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we take a Guard at #8 then this entire staff needs to be taken to the steps of City hall and summarially shot. I mean that would be the stupidest move in Bills history and that includes firing Bill Polian.

You NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER take a guard that high...Ever... like throughout time!

Jesus people, get over the Levetre bull ****. He wasn't that good, he wasn't that valuable and NO Guard is.

This would rank among the more idiotic chices in Bills history if it happened. A more likely line pick would be one of the top tackles.

^^

The truth right there!

This would rank among the more idiotic chices in Bills history if it happened. A more likely line pick would be one of the top tackles.

Like picking Spiller or Whitner. Good players but picked too high when there were more pressing needs.

Kolb is now official. We are not gonna take a qb too early because they got Kolb so now shore up the spot vacant by Levitre leaving with Chance Warmack. I know its not gonna be popular but thinking of Kolb's strengths keeping him off his ass will be key. Combine it with our running game behind this road grater and you have a chance of an efficient offense. I know there's head scratching . Why didn't we keep levitre now we gotta draft his replacement wah wah wah I get that. But you gotta think about making our strengths (running game, keeping Kolb upright so he can execute the passing game) even stronger

LV

I agree with this and I have been coming around to the idea of drafting Warmack for the last couple of weeks. Many people don't agree with us LV but here are my reasons...

He replaces Levitre and might be a Pro bowler in his first year.

He help keep Kolb upright, this was his main problem in AZ, his line sucked, that would not be the case here.

He upgrades the run game. C.J. would be even more dangerous.

Bottom line if Warmack upgrades your best player (C.J.) then I would have no problem at all with the pick.

Pick Warmack then hope that Matt Scott, Nassib , Manuel is there in the 2nd round. If none of these guys are there take the best WR or LB left on the board.

If the FO was unwilling to pay Levitre, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to resign Warmack when his rookie deal expires. So basically you'd be using the #8 pick in the draft for a couple year rental on a guard. A GUARD!!

If the FO was unwilling to pay Levitre, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to resign Warmack when his rookie deal expires. So basically you'd be using the #8 pick in the draft for a couple year rental on a guard. A GUARD!!

More than a couple of years, rookies get 4 yr deals most of the time.

Depending on who they have to pick from, I don't know that I'd be too disappointed with Warmack. It wouldn't be the sexy pick everyone on here is looking for, but the guy is an absolute animal.

That said, I don't think it will happen. I really think the #8 pick will be used to address the defense (i.e., Ansah, Jordan, Jones, Milliner/Rhodes).

I don't think they would go with Warmack. It's really unfortunate the amount of holes we have to fill for the upcoming season. Especially the offensive ones. The way I see this draft playing out, there is much more defensive talent to be had than offensive. The QB draft class is like this years March Madness Tournament: there aren't any stand out players and it's really anyone's guess who will win. There's a handful of wide receivers to draft but most likely only available in the early rounds. Considering our offensive needs include QB, WR, OL, and TE. There is no way we fill these needs while also securing our needs at LB, CB, and SS.

Bear with me as I know this sounds ridiculous. But if at all possible, I wouldn't even draft an offensive player in the first three rounds. Most likely won't work out that way and most likely for the better. We need someone opposite Stevie on the offense, especially if Chandler doesn't make it back to where he was. But I really think we could benefit defensively in this draft early on and go after offense next year. Either LB/CB in the first, I'm leaning towards LB, but a one-two CB combo, especially with young rookies would help solidify our secondary for years to come barring injury. Whichever we don't take in the first, fill in the second. And hopefully, if some are still on the board, draft Shamarko Thomas at SS. Kid has the same credentials as Bob Sanders, if not better, and faceplant aside, this kid is explosive and makes open field tackles for losses like he was getting paid for it. This is something the Bills need desperately. Obviously if not Shamarko, another SS who provides the same explosive attack. But in the first three rounds, the Bills now have a young defense that could potentially shape into one of the league's best defenses in the future.

I know the chances of us drafting Defense with our first three picks is slim to none. But I really don't see any offensive talent worth killing our defensive needs over in this draft. Given our most recent offseason and the 100 million dollar monster eating up cap, this team cannot be rebuilt in a year...as much as I and the rest of us would like to see.

I'm really starting to think it won't be warmack at 8 even though I believed they may turn there. Instead I think they like JC Tretter out of Cornell and if they got him in the fourth I wouldn't be upset at all!!!

So we replace a mediocre injury free QB and a great (not elite, but better than good) injury free OG with a mediocre injury plagued QB and an unproven rookie OG responsible for keeping said injury-plagued QB upright. And this makes sense to some of you?

I don't think they would go with Warmack. It's really unfortunate the amount of holes we have to fill for the upcoming season. Especially the offensive ones. The way I see this draft playing out, there is much more defensive talent to be had than offensive. The QB draft class is like this years March Madness Tournament: there aren't any stand out players and it's really anyone's guess who will win. There's a handful of wide receivers to draft but most likely only available in the early rounds. Considering our offensive needs include QB, WR, OL, and TE. There is no way we fill these needs while also securing our needs at LB, CB, and SS.

Bear with me as I know this sounds ridiculous. But if at all possible, I wouldn't even draft an offensive player in the first three rounds. Most likely won't work out that way and most likely for the better. We need someone opposite Stevie on the offense, especially if Chandler doesn't make it back to where he was. But I really think we could benefit defensively in this draft early on and go after offense next year. Either LB/CB in the first, I'm leaning towards LB, but a one-two CB combo, especially with young rookies would help solidify our secondary for years to come barring injury. Whichever we don't take in the first, fill in the second. And hopefully, if some are still on the board, draft Shamarko Thomas at SS. Kid has the same credentials as Bob Sanders, if not better, and faceplant aside, this kid is explosive and makes open field tackles for losses like he was getting paid for it. This is something the Bills need desperately. Obviously if not Shamarko, another SS who provides the same explosive attack. But in the first three rounds, the Bills now have a young defense that could potentially shape into one of the league's best defenses in the future.

I know the chances of us drafting Defense with our first three picks is slim to none. But I really don't see any offensive talent worth killing our defensive needs over in this draft. Given our most recent offseason and the 100 million dollar monster eating up cap, this team cannot be rebuilt in a year...as much as I and the rest of us would like to see.

i would say the exact opposite. i would be surprised if we don't go Offense, Offense, Offense... the Bills have starters at every position on D, and gaping holes on offense.... even leaving out the QB, we have no #2 WR or anyone that could even be considered one. they cannot go into a season with the thinnest WR corp in the league. they may not have a TE, or anyone that could remotely be considered a starter there... even if Chandler can play, he's coming off an ACL and is a FA after the season. we have no LG... not at all, no one who has played there anyway. that's 3 spots that are big black holes. the offense survived due to scheme, not talent, and they need bodies, starting bodies.

on D, we have guys... heavy investment, and i think they need to see if scheme/coaching were the problem there. could use upgrades, but at the same time, we have starters everywhere.

Edited by Brainiac21

To the point on potentially drafting Warmack, very intersting article that just came out on why LT is being de-emphasized. Says that with quicker passing attacks, more uses of TEs and RBs in passing, teams are taking more straight line approaches to pass rushing. As a result, we may see more emphasis on guards and at the very least, the pass blocking duties are being distributed more evenly among all line positions.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9114874/st-louis-rams-lt-jake-long-path-proves-demise-left-tackle-espn-magazine

Nix has said time and again that he is in the business of drafting Tackles. If they don't pan out they can be moved inside. It mitigates risk substantially. You draft big Tackles with size and at least average feet and they can usually work out as a guard with some pulling ability after some adjustment. The only way you draft a guard ever is if they can also play Center.