Chance Warmack - OG - Alabama

Smoke-E

I watched Path to the Draft last night and noticed that David Snow, a rookie last year, was shown as Buffalo's starting left guard. Who is David Snow??? How did we get him???

This cannot stand so I'm proposing that Buffalo selects Chance Warmack with it's 8th selection, then trades back into the bottom of the first to draft D.J. Fluker. Warmack plays LG, Fluker plays RT and Buffalo has an awsome Line that can move the LOS and protect whomever plays QB.

This is the way that Buffalo gains relevance in the NFL. Build an O-line that takes full advantage of Spiller's talent and gives our QB enough time to connect with any WR the team might choose to put on it's roster. We'll get our franchise QB next year and he'll have the chance to develop without getting beaten to a pulp.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Path to the Draft last night and noticed that David Snow, a rookie last year, was shown as Buffalo's starting left guard. Who is David Snow??? How did we get him???

This cannot stand so I'm proposing that Buffalo selects Chance Warmack with it's 8th selection, then trades back into the bottom of the first to draft D.J. Fluker. Warmack plays LG, Fluker plays RT and Buffalo has an awsome Line that can move the LOS and protect whomever plays QB.

This is the way that Buffalo gains relevance in the NFL. Build an O-line that takes full advantage of Spiller's talent and gives our QB enough time to connect with any WR the team might choose to put on it's roster. We'll get our franchise QB next year and he'll have the chance to develop without getting beaten to a pulp.

There is no chance we draft back into the first round, ESPECIALLY if its not for a QB! We only have 6 draft picks with many holes to fill. This is a very strong draft, just not a "top heavy" draft. The depth of this draft are in both DL and OL. Losing an extra pick would be very tough to do unless its for a the QB they were sure about. Also, if they were that sure of a QB, he will probably get selected with our own 1st pick and do what Phins did with Tannenhill. Tannehill was not graded where he got drafted but Phins knew if they passed on him there, he would not be there when they drafted in 2nd round.

Losing an extra pick would be very tough to do unless its for a the QB they were sure about. Also, if they were that sure of a QB, he will probably get selected with our own 1st pick and do what Phins did with Tannenhill. Tannehill was not graded where he got drafted but Phins knew if they passed on him there, he would not be there when they drafted in 2nd round.

The problem with the QBs in this draft is that NO ONE is convinced that they are any good. Additionally, you don't waste a pick if you can fill a hole with a guy that can dominate at his position for the next ten years. You probably will waste a pick if you select one of these QB bozos. There are no Tannehills in this draft. Recall how Alabama destroyed Notre Dame's well regarded defense last January? Buffalo could have that kind of dominance with the draft plan I'm proposing.

Next year, Buffalo selects the Alabama QB or the Louisville QB or the Clemson QB or the Georgia QB or the Texas A & M QB, all of which are way better than those in this draft.

One thing Buddy has done was constantly bring in some young OL as depth andto groom.

We have a few OL on roster that are ready to step up and in. LOTS of 1 year and 2 year players that might be ready to make the big jump

74 Brown, Colin C 6-7 326 27 2 Missouri

70 Wood, Eric C 6-4 310 27 4 Louisville

60 Urbik, Kraig G 6-5 324 27 4 Wisconsin

68 Williams, Keith G 6-5 330 25 1 Nebraska

75 Hairston, Chris LT 6-6 330 23 2 Clemson

64 Eckerson, Hutch OL 6-6 310 25 1 South Carolina

62 Grant, Adam OL 6-6 320 26 1 Arizona

72 Sanders, Zebrie OL 6-6 318 23 R Florida State

73 Scott, Chris OL 6-4 320 25 2 Tennessee

61 Snow, David OL 6-4 305 23 R Texas

77 Glenn, Cordy OT 6-5 343 23 R Georgia

66 Welch, Thomas OT 6-6 300 25 1 Vanderbilt

79 Pears, Erik RT 6-8 316 30 7 Colorado State

71 Young, Sam RT 6-8 316 25 3 Notre Dame

Edited by shibuya

One thing Buddy has done was constantly bring in some young OL as depth andto groom.

We have a few OL on roster that are ready to step up and in. LOTS of 1 year and 2 year players that might be ready to make the big jump

74 Brown, Colin C 6-7 326 27 2 Missouri

70 Wood, Eric C 6-4 310 27 4 Louisville

60 Urbik, Kraig G 6-5 324 27 4 Wisconsin

68 Williams, Keith G 6-5 330 25 1 Nebraska

75 Hairston, Chris LT 6-6 330 23 2 Clemson

64 Eckerson, Hutch OL 6-6 310 25 1 South Carolina

62 Grant, Adam OL 6-6 320 26 1 Arizona

72 Sanders, Zebrie OL 6-6 318 23 R Florida State

73 Scott, Chris OL 6-4 320 25 2 Tennessee

61 Snow, David OL 6-4 305 23 R Texas

77 Glenn, Cordy OT 6-5 343 23 R Georgia

66 Welch, Thomas OT 6-6 300 25 1 Vanderbilt

79 Pears, Erik RT 6-8 316 30 7 Colorado State

71 Young, Sam RT 6-8 316 25 3 Notre Dame

Who are they that are ready to step up and in? What you have posted is hopes and wishes. This team has holes to fill. I like McKelvin at CB and T.J. Graham at RW better than Snow at LG. I like Bradham at OLB better than Pears at RT. We have better players at some of those other holes than the players we have at LG and RT. Do you really need to see our RB stuffed behind the LOS and our QB turned to mashed potatoes to understand that we have a problem with our O-line?

I don't disagree that we should build our Oline into a monster. If we went OG and RT in rounds 1 and 2 I wouldn't hate it. We're building a team and building a dominant OL makes sense. The problem comes with trading up for Fluker. I don't like to speak in terms of absolutes, but there is zero chance of that happening. We have 6 picks and many holes. It would be a terrible move considering the amount of talent in round 3 and 4 this year.

Are you kidding? Do you watch the team at all? OL was STRONG last year even with this kid in there AND our HC is an OL Guru. Only the biggest !@#$ing moron as a GM would take a Guard 8th. Now trade back to say 23rd or so and take him sure.

People are ready to jump off the bridge before the draft and before June 1st cuts.

I'll give Nix credit for his ability to rummage through other teams rosters and pick out guys that can contribute with us. See Urbik, Chandler, Pears.

I'm willing to bet we'll find a LG after cuts are made that ends up playing well for us.

Just FYI:

Warmack has not had a private workout with us nor has he been scheduled for a visit.

This all but guarenteed we won't be drafting him. Nix hasn't worked out or had visits with any lineman this year.

There's only a week or so left to get visits in so don't hold your breath.

Just FYI:

Warmack has not had a private workout with us nor has he been scheduled for a visit.

This all but guarenteed we won't be drafting him. Nix hasn't worked out or had visits with any lineman this year.

There's only a week or so left to get visits in so don't hold your breath.

That, and the fact that Nix has said repeatedly that the team doesn't draft guards (but rather tackles that they feel can move to guard if necessary), should make folks feel pretty secure that he won't be the pick.

Yea I'm tired of hearing that he is going to be gone in 4 yrs line...

Buddy has a history of taking BPA. Warmack would be if he is on the board at 8.

I'm saying be prepared to see it happen. As a matter of fact., I could live with these 3 players in the first round.

Chance Warmack

EJ Manuel....he wont be there in the second.

C. Petterson. we need a WR

These 3 guys help the team right now.

I would go even further. When you pick top ten in a draft your pick needs to be a day one impact starter that is elite at his position in the draft class. Chance Warmack

You draft the best talent at that moment that fits your team. Don't reach! Don't be seduced by the dreaded "upside". Look at past drafts and see how many teams wiff because of these two reasons. If the best player on the board is Warmack take him, if not pass, and select someone else. This team can use an upgrade in talent in so many areas. In less than 2 weeks we will know what kind of draft the Bills had and have plenty of time to either rip it or praise it.

You draft the best talent at that moment that fits your team. Don't reach! Don't be seduced by the dreaded "upside". Look at past drafts and see how many teams wiff because of these two reasons. If the best player on the board is Warmack take him, if not pass, and select someone else. This team can use an upgrade in talent in so many areas. In less than 2 weeks we will know what kind of draft the Bills had and have plenty of time to either rip it or praise it.

Can't agree more with your assessment. It really isn't that complicated as long as you think in terms of players and not positions. The only exception may, and I stress MAY be reaching for a QB. But that will bite you in the ass more often than not as well. You just can't go wrong taking good players.

GO BILLS!!!