Chance Warmack - OG - Alabama

Smoke-E

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Dansby. (Did he sign by the way?) But he is 31. Since you asked, I'd prefer Levitre and Jones.

has not yet... but its not quite as harsh when you frame it out like that, right? you could also do warmack and byrd as your combo. essentially, you dont lose too bad just because you are drafting a position that you let walk.

Well, since our team doesn't play in the NFC East, I wouldn't expect Peter King to have any !@#$ing clue about anything going on at OBD.

Exactly. What shocks me is Gil Brandt would agree to any team taking Guards this high. I guess he thinks Jim Kelly still plays for the Bills and we don't need a QB

If we take it, I'd personally love it. I'm more concerned about the second round some teams just taking a shot at manuel, nassib, glennon, and others. I have a feeling barkley and g smith will be gone after 1. Teams picking before us in the second are Jacksonville (needs QB), Eagles (apparently are looking at QB), Arizona (needs QB), and Jets (if they don't take one in the first). Guess we will see.

I have an excellent way to wipe away your concern.....draft a QB at 8!

I don't undertand the thinking here. It's OK to take a G (little or no impact player, come on!) at 8, but it would be terrible to take one of the QBs we want at 8...but much better in the second round---except he might not be there......oy vey!

the theory would be we save a few million a year so its levitre (8m) and the pick (5m) VS warmack (5m) AND another player or two (8m).

say we decided to go LB with the extra dollars - would you rather have levitre and jarvis jones for example, or Warmack and Lawson and Dansby.

not quite as offensive as you make it sound

Lawson, Dansby, Barnett, Morrison, Merriman..........

This is the stuff that drives me crazy. We had a guy, who was good -- not great -- but solid at the position. He walks, we get nothing, and then we spend a top 10 pick on his replacement. How does this make the team better? Had we kept the guy, then we could have addressed another position making the team better.

I have nothing against Chance Warmack. But this if this is the pick, I will need serious counseling.

It was strictly up to Levitre whether he wanted to stay or leave. He chose to leave. It wasn't up to us to "keep the guy."

GO BILLS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLr1cmN17E0

Go ahead.

Click on it.

You know you want to.

You're welcome.

A song from the '70s.

The last time an OG was taken in the top-10 was probably back in the '70s.

Suppose the Bills used the 8th overall pick to add Warmack to their war machine. The logic would probably be, "we will build an elite running game with players like this." This is '70s logic: most teams have come to realize that the importance of the passing game has greatly eclipsed the importance of the running game.

Taking Warmack 8th overall would be like the Dilbert episode in which Wally was hypnotized so that he could relive his life experiences from the '70s.