Chance Warmack - OG - Alabama

Smoke-E

Just because the Titans overpaid Levitre doesn't mean its a bad thing to go OG if (1) the player truly is worthy of the #8 selection and (2) you have a chance to win with that guy for 4-5 years. Dealing with a different contract situation four years from now is just that--dealing with a different contract situation.

The new CBA has changed the way rookies are being valued/used. We're going to see a lot more young guys in the lineup playing valuable roles early in their careers AND more turnover of veteran FAs when teams decide they can't lock that much of their budget into non-QBs positions. If a guy like Revis can be traded because the Jets value draft picks more than $12 million per year, then no non-QB veteran is a "foundational" player anymore. Taking the best available rookie at a reasonable entry level deal is more valuable than ever...

Indeed. Still not sure I'm OK with taking Warmack at 8, but our left side would dominate if we did.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the only scenario I can see us taking a guard.is if we make a couple of trade downs. A guard like Cooper or Warmack at pick 25ish while picking up an extra 2nd and 3rd. So many needs a rock at guard would be nice but far too many pressing needs to spend a high pick on one esp when Buddy has proven to be able to find guards later in the draft.

Here is the only scenario I can see us taking a guard.is if we make a couple of trade downs. A guard like Cooper or Warmack at pick 25ish while picking up an extra 2nd and 3rd. So many needs a rock at guard would be nice but far too many pressing needs to spend a high pick on one esp when Buddy has proven to be able to find guards later in the draft.

Both players will be long gone by pick #25.

You can find guards later in the draft. You can find ANY position later in the draft. Knowing that, I think the Bills should just forfeit their picks in the early rounds because players can be found later on.

GO BILLS!!!

We will not draft a guard at eight. Anyone who heard the Buddy Nix interview knows that he is confident in the OL to a certain extent. Confident enough that we will not use our first round pick on an OG.

Yep, they think they got Levitre replacement on the roster.

I was hoping for Warmack until I heard the draft presser on BB.com. It will be a QB at 8.

Ansah at #2, just don't get all the love for this guy. As i said in another thread, 4-1/2 sacks in the WAC last year is hardly a dominant number and he's the same age as JJ Watt, who I'm guessing would have put up much better numbers in the WAC last year.

Don't hate the Warmac pick though.

I could totally accept the Warmack pick - because I put no stock in the Guard is not a position you draft at 8, but then its okay to draft that same guy at 13? If he's a pro-bowler out of the gates, for 10 years, and a beast, its a SMART move. The only thing that makes it hard to accept is that we let Levitre walk. Now, if letting him walk was deliberate, to go get Warmack, who better fits Marrone's vision, or Cooper, even, then I won't debate it - but, it does kind of seem like treading water, yet again.

id be unhappy if we pass on our pick of all the qbs at 8.

Yep; if our scouts are worth anything, they have no excuse for passing on a pick with all of the QBs available, particularly if any of them pan out.

This is the stuff that drives me crazy. We had a guy, who was good -- not great -- but solid at the position. He walks, we get nothing, and then we spend a top 10 pick on his replacement. How does this make the team better? Had we kept the guy, then we could have addressed another position making the team better.

I have nothing against Chance Warmack. But this if this is the pick, I will need serious counseling.

I could totally accept the Warmack pick - because I put no stock in the Guard is not a position you draft at 8, but then its okay to draft that same guy at 13? If he's a pro-bowler out of the gates, for 10 years, and a beast, its a SMART move. The only thing that makes it hard to accept is that we let Levitre walk. Now, if letting him walk was deliberate, to go get Warmack, who better fits Marrone's vision, or Cooper, even, then I won't debate it - but, it does kind of seem like treading water, yet again.

Let's say Warmack, or Cooper, is drafted by Buffalo and becomes a ten-year All-Pro. Spiller puts up 1600 yards every year, and so does our next RB, and so on. However, despite the awesome running game and pass protection, our motley crew of QBs get us to 9-7 at best over this ten-year period.

Meanwhile, Geno Smith- or one of the other QBs we pass on, becomes a Pro Bowler and takes his team to the playoffs.

That's not what I would call a smart pick.

We need to draft a QB if the above situation presents itself.

If we take it, I'd personally love it. I'm more concerned about the second round some teams just taking a shot at manuel, nassib, glennon, and others. I have a feeling barkley and g smith will be gone after 1. Teams picking before us in the second are Jacksonville (needs QB), Eagles (apparently are looking at QB), Arizona (needs QB), and Jets (if they don't take one in the first). Guess we will see.

This is the stuff that drives me crazy. We had a guy, who was good -- not great -- but solid at the position. He walks, we get nothing, and then we spend a top 10 pick on his replacement. How does this make the team better? Had we kept the guy, then we could have addressed another position making the team better.

I have nothing against Chance Warmack. But this if this is the pick, I will need serious counseling.

the theory would be we save a few million a year so its levitre (8m) and the pick (5m) VS warmack (5m) AND another player or two (8m).

say we decided to go LB with the extra dollars - would you rather have levitre and jarvis jones for example, or Warmack and Lawson and Dansby.

not quite as offensive as you make it sound

the theory would be we save a few million a year so its levitre (8m) and the pick (5m) VS warmack (5m) AND another player or two (8m).

say we decided to go LB with the extra dollars - would you rather have levitre and jarvis jones for example, or Warmack and Lawson and Dansby.

I like Dansby. (Did he sign by the way?) But he is 31. Since you asked, I'd prefer Levitre and Jones.