Tyler Bray - QB - Tennessee

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro: He has the most potential from a physical standpoint of any QB prospect in the draft.

Con: Questionable leadership skills and off the field issues.

I am glad they are doing their due diligence with all the prospects.

Just like Warren Sapp, Randy Moss, Jim Kelly, etc., etc., etc., etc.....

He's a kid. Think of what you were like at his age. Him being immature in college should play next to zero role in the vetting process.

Ummm I had 50 people working for me and had 150 million in equipment I was in charge of.

Just like Warren Sapp, Randy Moss, Jim Kelly, etc., etc., etc., etc.....

He's a kid. Think of what you were like at his age. Him being immature in college should play next to zero role in the vetting process.

In my opinion, there is a BIG difference between DL, WRs and QBs. I don't even remotely see the comparison to Jim Kelly. I am not objecting to Bray being a jerk to people (so much), but more to his preparation and dedication to being his best - AND to the fact that with 2 (and sometimes 3) NFL worthy WRs, he couldn't complete 60% of his passes and lead his team to more victories. Heck, is WRs at Tenn were FAR better than the Bills' current and recent group at the position.

Heck, is WRs at Tenn were FAR better than the Bills' current and recent group at the position.

An All-State of Tennessee Draft! :w00t:

RD1-Cordarrelle Patterson, WR

RD2-Justin Hunter, WR

RD3-(Any QB available...won't matter)

RD4-Da'Rick Rogers, WR

RD5-Mychal Rivera TE

RD6-Dallas Thomas OG (or Rogers Gaines RT and move Hairston to OG)

UDFA-Daniel McCullers DT34

Ummm I had 50 people working for me and had 150 million in equipment I was in charge of.

Awesome. Tyler Bray is about to be an NFL quarterback, which is way more interesting to chicks.

How did you have 50 people working for you at age 20 without a college degree? There is no possible way that this could be true unless your Dad handed you a business #you_didn't_build_that

How did you have 50 people working for you at age 20 without a college degree? There is no possible way that this could be true unless your Dad handed you a business #you_didn't_build_that

That's irrelevant to his point.......the point being that VABills was directly asked what he was like at that age in relation to being immature.

Tyler Bray is Ryan Mallett without Petrino and the SEC passing records.

That said, I liked Mallett two years ago and still do today. Interesting that the Bills are checking him out given their lack of interest in Mallett (understandable though given they got to draft Kelvin Sheppard in the 3rd instead).

• 3 weeks later...

I know Bray has been low on people's list of preferred qbs for the draft but I was struck looking at the predraft visit list. The bills worked out 4 wrs that Bray played with. It would seem they are getting first hand knowledge of just how much his "attitude" will be an issue.

I could be reading into nothing here but it stuck out to me to say the least. Bray hasn't received nearly as much attention from the board as nassib, smith, Manuel, or Barkley but he has from obd.

Because he can. He is the man in charge. Bills are likely going to select their QB of the future in about 4 weeks. I'd say that's a big decision to make...especially considering the pundits/scouts are said to not have a cear cut favorite.

Is there a reason you believe he should not be there?

I'm not familiar with his scouting experience. Does he have the right? Sure. Is it his responsibility? Maybe not.

• 2 weeks later...