Tyler Bray - QB - Tennessee

FWIW, Bucky thinks Bray could be "the steal of the 2013 draft" and thinks the Bills would be a good fit for him:

http://www.nfl.com/c...-as-bigarmed-qb

Tyler Bray might be the most gifted passer in the 2013 NFL Draft, but teams haven't viewed him as a legitimate franchise-caliber quarterback due to his prickly personality and adolescent ways. However, coaches and scouts are reconsidering their respective opinions on Bray after seeing the Tennessee star light up passing drills over the past few days at the NFL Scouting Combine. Bray has been one of the most impressive throwers in Indy, showing outstanding arm strength, velocity and touch on a variety of throws to wide receivers, tight ends and running backs. From high-arcing tosses to vertical throws to lasers on intermediate routes, Bray has the capacity to hit receivers in strides at every distance. Furthermore, he showed the ability to change speeds and trajectories on his throws depending on the circumstance.

When I looked at Bray's film from the fall, I believed he was a gifted passer with A-plus arm talent. He showed the capacity to make all of the throws from the pocket with zip and velocity. Although his ball placement and accuracy fluctuates due to his sloppy footwork and fundamentals, Bray's ability to make tight-window throws separates him from others at the position. Additionally, Bray is one of the few quarterbacks in the draft with experience playing in a pro-style offense that featured traditional drops from under center, quick throws from the shotgun and pistol, and play-action passes from two-back formations. Given the importance NFL coaches place on playing the game effectively from the pocket, Bray's game is ideally suited for Sundays.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's as if someone cloned Ryan Leaf. In a lot of circles he's regarded as a total jerk

Naa, the stuff he did was minor kids stuff no where near the real problems some players face, drugs, arrests, DUI's, suspensions.

Bray was caught playing chicken on a jet ski,and throwing beer bottles at a parked car...oooh send him to prison now! <_<

http://www.govolsxtr...boating-charge/

Look at Cam Newton's troubles, caught cheating on collage tests and was forced to leave college because of it, stole a laptop ETC. PFW http://www.al.com/sp...s_scathing.html

I like Bray a bunch, and hope he gets a shot with a solid team

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/155711-qb-talk/

Edited by FeartheLosing

I haven't read about Bray's off-field issues (if any) nor his alleged bad "intangibles". However, if he had two likely very early draft picks playing WR for him in Cordarrelle Patterson and Justin Hunter and still had a bad won-loss record (5-7), how is he a good prospect?

He's playing in the brutal SEC against more talented teams than the Vols. In addition, the program has gone through coaching changes ever since the departure of Folmer.

I haven't read about Bray's off-field issues (if any) nor his alleged bad "intangibles". However, if he had two likely very early draft picks playing WR for him in Cordarrelle Patterson and Justin Hunter and still had a bad won-loss record (5-7), how is he a good prospect?

That...and a sub 60% completion percentage.....The chances are he's just not that good.

round 1 - patterson

round 2 - bray

I am waaaaaay down with it

I seriously quit the Bills if that happens....but It would be a great way to get next year's #1 overall.

It's as if someone cloned Ryan Leaf. In a lot of circles he's regarded as a total jerk

My son knows the some of the coaching staff there ( He coaches in North Carolina) and spoke with some Tenn. coaches about Bray at an all-star game in Florida.Even their own coaching staff were talking trash about what a "dick" he is. Not the things that got him in trouble but just how rude he is with support staff and fellow students. However, we aren't electing a Pope but I would think twice if his own people aren't on his side (privately at least). But we need a QB

He's playing in the brutal SEC against more talented teams than the Vols. In addition, the program has gone through coaching changes ever since the departure of Folmer.

Not only that, the Vols had the very worst head coach in their recent history last year

Want to know why the Vols were so bad this year? They did have a decent QB and WR corps but...

"The Vols briefly entered the Top 25 after winning their first two games, but they've lost seven of nine since. Their defense has allowed 37.4 points and 476.8 yards per game to rank statistically among the worst in school history."

ex Tennessee HC Derek Dooley: "Among Tennessee coaches to last at least three seasons, Derek Dooley has the worst win percentage (.417) in school history. No Vols coach has departed with even a sub-.500 mark since 1935."

http://espn.go.com/c...-another-season

http://forums.twobil...lk/page__st__20

That...and a sub 60% completion percentage.....The chances are he's just not that good.

I seriously quit the Bills if that happens....but It would be a great way to get next year's #1 overall.

If Bray gets drafted by the Bills in the 2nd or 3rd it will be because Nassib is already gone. Should that happen expect Fitz or TJ to start while they develop Bray Edited by FeartheLosing

I don't know much about the kid except that he seems like a very talented a-hole.

Speaking purely to the football side, it's possible that he's received bad coaching and has generally played against better teams.

Knowing what little I do about the guy, I'd be alright with the Bills taking him in the 3rd based purely on his elite "arm talent."

I see where he averaged over 8 yards per attempt during his Tennessee career, had a decent TD-INT ratio and became a rarely-sacked QB by the time he was a senior.

Not only that, the Vols had the very worst head coach in their recent history last year

Want to know why the Vols were so bad this year? They did have a decent QB and WR corps but...

"The Vols briefly entered the Top 25 after winning their first two games, but they've lost seven of nine since. Their defense has allowed 37.4 points and 476.8 yards per game to rank statistically among the worst in school history."

ex Tennessee HC Derek Dooley: "Among Tennessee coaches to last at least three seasons, Derek Dooley has the worst win percentage (.417) in school history. No Vols coach has departed with even a sub-.500 mark since 1935."

http://espn.go.com/c...-another-season

http://forums.twobil...lk/page__st__20

Have to agree witrh you there. Totally outclassed in the head coaching dept.vs. Saban et al

I don't know much about the kid except that he seems like a very talented a-hole.

Speaking purely to the football side, it's possible that he's received bad coaching and has generally played against better teams.

Knowing what little I do about the guy, I'd be alright with the Bills taking him in the 3rd based purely on his elite "arm talent."

I see where he averaged over 8 yards per attempt during his Tennessee career, had a decent TD-INT ratio and became a rarely-sacked QB by the time he was a senior.

+1 Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Bucky Brooks had no merit as a player and even less as an NFL scout.

I think the guy has some rare insights at times as he was the one who called the Bills taking Spiller. He is a good scout and knows his stuff or he wouldn't be working for the NFL.

A lot has been said about Fitz, and his accuracy, but I can remember how strong those winds are in RWS, and how difficult it is to throw at times.. I've also read about other teams QB's complaining about those winds when they play in Buffalo, especially in winter. The Bills need a QB with a cannon like Jim Kelly had to cut thu those winds. Bray / Glennon have the arm.

And if you are old enough to remember, they said that exact same thing about Jim Kelly. Edited by FeartheLosing

I think some people are way underestimating the douchebag factor. How many douches succeed in the NFL? JP Losman was hated by his teammates, see Troy Vincent. Jay Cutler has been to the playoffs once and has already been traded once. Jeff George never lived up to his potential because of his attitude. Leaf, Vince Young, etc. If your teammates hate you, they won't battle for you.

And if I could get past his attitude for his talent, this is my final strike against him. Worst. Tattoo. Ever.

tylerbraybacktat.jpg