Lindy Ruff fired!

bbb

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you take the first half of Lindy's tenure in Buffalo, it was pretty impressive. Honestly, I loved Ruff as a coach...but the way last year started...and this cold start this year...a change just has to be made...the message didn't seem to be getting through to the players any more...so you have to change the message...a pair of fresh eyes might be what this team needs. I am grateful to Lindy for some really fun seasons...great seasons...but that game last night...Sabre fans, who are very loyal, booing their team...third period it sounded like a funeral in the arena. That can't be "hockey heaven".

Edited by Buftex

Total marketing ploy.

Pegula knows that if the Sabres are ever going to be China's team, they need a coach whose name isn't so flucking hard to pronounce.#RindyLuff

bada bing.

sad day, but it had to be done.

Edited by sodbuster

I remember when he started coaching here. I read that they were having him do meetings in local bars and sports nights to introduce him and he was really passionate about making the Sabres relevant again, I admired his passion when doing a grass roots meet and greet with the fans to get everyone onboard. The years have worn him down, watching the last few post game interviews have been like watching a doctor after a botched surgery, deflated, depressed and dejected.

I wish him well, and I am sure he will install his system in a new team and there will be success for that organization. Good luck Lindy

Nice guy my mother in law knew him & he gave us his tickets on occasion even for one of the games for the playoffs a few years ago when we played the flyers. He will find another job no problem. It was time to part ways though. The players on this team are mostly made up of marginal to below marginal talented NHL players & they have tuned him out. Which brings me to my next point. Regier should be on the same bus out of town with Ruff. He is the one that put together this heartless lack of effort team. IMO, Ruff did the best with the hand he was dealt for the most part.

Edited by Gordio