Is it me? Or does the top ten 2013 selections seem to easy to predict?

Hotpockets28

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In February - you'd be lucky to get 3 of those 10 right. Likely 2-3 trades and if you miss anyone at the top it can totally reshuffle all ten.

On the day before the draft you'll be lucky to go 5 out of 10

But if you think it's easy!

Edited by NoSaint

OP,

You are either trolling or don't know anything about football.

It's one or the other.

This is a PARTICULARLY difficult draft to predict. I remember the year that the Bills took Spiller, you could see the first ten picks fall down like domninos and you knew once one team took a guy, who the next team would take. I know that the combine always helps put the top ten picks into focus, but I would count on this year's draft being completely unpredictable. In February, you're telling me it's blatantly obvious that TYLER WILSON goes 7th overall? Personally that's who I think the Bills will and should take, but people who know way more than I do have him going in the 2nd round as of now. Which, again, is why I think you are trolling or, more likely, completely clueless.

Too many variables to be accurate this early. There is the combine, pro days, free agency, trades and back ground investigations that teams will go through. I doubt many teams have their draft boards up and players slotted. This post was a month early.

Jajajjjjja

What is that?

Agreed. Patterson looks special with the ball in his hands, too bad he needs to get open and catch the ball first. I think he's talented, but too raw for a top 10. I'll he shocked if he goes that high. The dolphins and Jets are both in desperate need of WRs, I hope one of them drafts Patterson that high.

yea, no thanks, that's the last thing we need is an explosive WR against us.

Well to me atleast it seems this years top ten selections will be easier to see coming then chan gaileys offensive play calling... :D here is what I see happening and why on draft day....#1.geno smith Qb to kc...(matt cassel,brady quiin on the roster nuff said they need a Qb.#2 Damonsta moore DE to jags...(thought matt barkley would be a fit but I did read somewhere that stated jags will and want to build around gabbert...so im going with the best de in the draft cuz well yea jags d needs ton of help on Dline.#3 Jarvis Jones LB to raiders..( again a qb will make sense but for some reason raiders seem intrigue by terrel pryor....but with the rolando mclain situation I think the raiders will be looking to improve thier lb crew and jones will most def help..#4 Luke joekel OL to eagles..(have you seen the eagles offensive line play last year? Nuff said easy pick..#5 bejorn werner to lions DE..( I see this as a great fit and with the release of kyle vandenbosh werner seems like the perfect replacement..#6 Matt barkley QB to browns..( they desperately need a Qb and with the comment the new regime made upon the brandon weeden pick calling it "" desperate panick of a pick to me that says it all.)#7 tyler wilson to cardinals...(skelton or lindley again for 2013 ? No way..#8 Barkevious mingo to bills...( one freakish athlete and will fit that hybrid type of player pittine seems to go for..#9 dee milliner..to dullphins..( with sean smith asking for huge money its just makes perfect sense..)and last but not least..#10 Corddarelle patterson to jets..( its obvious they need wr help..and with the top lbs of the board patterson seems to be the perfect pick for them...there you have it thats my top ten picks for 2013... :D ok ok I know you all waited enough by reading this post....FLAME AWAY!!!! Jajajjjjja

Really, it's just you.

Well to me atleast it seems this years top ten selections will be easier to see coming then chan gaileys offensive play calling... :D here is what I see happening and why on draft day....#1.geno smith Qb to kc...(matt cassel,brady quiin on the roster nuff said they need a Qb.#2 Damonsta moore DE to jags...(thought matt barkley would be a fit but I did read somewhere that stated jags will and want to build around gabbert...so im going with the best de in the draft cuz well yea jags d needs ton of help on Dline.#3 Jarvis Jones LB to raiders..( again a qb will make sense but for some reason raiders seem intrigue by terrel pryor....but with the rolando mclain situation I think the raiders will be looking to improve thier lb crew and jones will most def help..#4 Luke joekel OL to eagles..(have you seen the eagles offensive line play last year? Nuff said easy pick..#5 bejorn werner to lions DE..( I see this as a great fit and with the release of kyle vandenbosh werner seems like the perfect replacement..#6 Matt barkley QB to browns..( they desperately need a Qb and with the comment the new regime made upon the brandon weeden pick calling it "" desperate panick of a pick to me that says it all.)#7 tyler wilson to cardinals...(skelton or lindley again for 2013 ? No way..#8 Barkevious mingo to bills...( one freakish athlete and will fit that hybrid type of player pittine seems to go for..#9 dee milliner..to dullphins..( with sean smith asking for huge money its just makes perfect sense..)and last but not least..#10 Corddarelle patterson to jets..( its obvious they need wr help..and with the top lbs of the board patterson seems to be the perfect pick for them...there you have it thats my top ten picks for 2013... :D ok ok I know you all waited enough by reading this post....FLAME AWAY!!!! Jajajjjjja

Uh, the Dolphins pick 12th not 10th. The Titans pick 10th and the Jets pick 9th. I think the only player that has a real chance to go in the slot u picked is Werner @ 5 and he may go earlier. Don't think any of the 3 QB's are going in Top 10, maybe one at most. Not sure Jones will go in Top 10, maybe.

So other than having the wrong teams picking @ #9 and #10 and choosing only 6 or 7 guys out of the Top 10 I'd say, yeah, you're right this year is VERY easy to predict the top 10. :doh:

I think you're right on with a couple of those picks but way off on some of the others. Here's how I see it playing out.

1. KC - QB Geno Smith (Has to be the pick, will be next McNabb for Andy Reid)

2. JAC - DE Damontre Moore (They really need a pass rusher and Moore seems like the best)

3. OAK - DT Star Lotulelei (Could be successor to aging Seymour)

4. PHI - OT Luke Joeckel (Eagles' O-line was beyond awful last season and Peters is seeming to be a bust, hehe)

5. DET - CB Dee Milliner (Lots of people think pass rush but they were relying on Drayton Florence last year)

6. CLE - OLB/DE Jarvis Jones (Has other needs but a stud like Jones won't fall beyond here imo)

7. ARI - OT Eric Fisher (Another team with dreadful O-line and I think they will try to trade for Alex Smith)

8. BUF - ILB Alec Ogletree (Toughest to predict so far but I love this guy and fills a huge need for us)

9. NYJ - OLB/DE Barkevious Mingo (Just seems like the type of player the Jets love on defense)

10. TEN - DE Bjoern Werner (Another team in need of pass rush and he is one of best of maybe 5 or 6 studs at the position)

I really don't see any other QB's going inside top 10 other than Geno but that all depends on how the next two months play out with the combine, pro days, visits and stuff.

If we take Ogletree with Werner still on the board, I'll shoot my TV.

Ok first off, Geno Smith may or may not be the first player picked (it;s not a lock) and if he isn't picked first your whole predicition is shot. Second, the Browns have a QB that they like what they need is recievers to catch the ball and get open so I see them going defense. Although I thought about the Bills drafting Mingo and that would make our D line unbelievable if used right, but I see us going with a QB or a LB (the two biggest needs on the team WR is a close third)

I actually think the second round or trading back up into the first round late is going to be when the QB fly off the board, there isn't any obvious starters there and there is so much more talent at other positions.

I couldn't agree more Pete and as you recall, you and I have been through some funny, albeit painful drafts on this board.

I think that the Bills are going to go after either Alex Smith or Matt Moore. Of those two, probably Smith becuse he has a high completion percentage. Then, they will go for a QB in round 2. This is only a hunch and what I am feeling at this time.

This brings us back to round 1. I am thinking that if Milliner is there, they will draft him at #8. I really hope he is taken in the top 7, and I am a huge Alabama fan. Milliner is better than Gilmore in coverage. He's a very good player, but I don't want the Bills to draft him. Taking DBs early has destoyed this football team.

With the re-signing of Tarvaris Jackson and keeping Fitz around, I don't think they'll go after Alex Smith now - unless it was a trade something like our 3rd and Fitz for Smith.

I think that the Bills are going to go after either Alex Smith or Matt Moore. Of those two, probably Smith becuse he has a high completion percentage. Then, they will go for a QB in round 2.

I've been slapped around for saying it but I've got to agree here. Sure hope they can figure out a way to make it happen. It'd give us some credibility. Of course Alex would have to beat out Tjax and Fitz...and Corp in the open competition.................so its no gimmee ! LOL !

Would buy us some time to draft a better QB if no one worthy was available rd. 2.

I'm probably fulla crap but I'd be fine if they signed Alex. Maybe a 2-3 year deal ?? Just don't see a better option given this years crop.

jb

With the re-signing of Tarvaris Jackson and keeping Fitz around, I don't think they'll go after Alex Smith now

Could be, but I sure hope you are wrong on this one, OT.

jb

Edited by jaybee

Actually, I don't think the Top 10 is an easy pick at all, there's alot of time b/t now and draft day. Ogletree, for example, could fall due to the DUI. Smith could fall to us @ 8.

As far as patterson goes, why grab him at 8 when we could grab Dobson from Marshall in rd 2-3?