Is it me? Or does the top ten 2013 selections seem to easy to predict?

Hotpockets28

Well to me atleast it seems this years top ten selections will be easier to see coming then chan gaileys offensive play calling...:D here is what I see happening and why on draft day....#1.geno smith Qb to kc...(matt cassel,brady quiin on the roster nuff said they need a Qb.#2 Damonsta moore DE to jags...(thought matt barkley would be a fit but I did read somewhere that stated jags will and want to build around gabbert...so im going with the best de in the draft cuz well yea jags d needs ton of help on Dline.#3 Jarvis Jones LB to raiders..( again a qb will make sense but for some reason raiders seem intrigue by terrel pryor....but with the rolando mclain situation I think the raiders will be looking to improve thier lb crew and jones will most def help..#4 Luke joekel OL to eagles..(have you seen the eagles offensive line play last year? Nuff said easy pick..#5 bejorn werner to lions DE..( I see this as a great fit and with the release of kyle vandenbosh werner seems like the perfect replacement..#6 Matt barkley QB to browns..( they desperately need a Qb and with the comment the new regime made upon the brandon weeden pick calling it "" desperate panick of a pick to me that says it all.)#7 tyler wilson to cardinals...(skelton or lindley again for 2013 ? No way..#8 Barkevious mingo to bills...( one freakish athlete and will fit that hybrid type of player pittine seems to go for..#9 dee milliner..to dullphins..( with sean smith asking for huge money its just makes perfect sense..)and last but not least..#10 Corddarelle patterson to jets..( its obvious they need wr help..and with the top lbs of the board patterson seems to be the perfect pick for them...there you have it thats my top ten picks for 2013...:D ok ok I know you all waited enough by reading this post....FLAME AWAY!!!! Jajajjjjja

Edited by Hotpockets28

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are insane if you think the Browns will take Barkely? He is a second rounder at best. Three QB's in the top 7? There might not be three QB's taken by the 7th pick of round two. There is no guarantee Smith goes number 1. Joekel is the more likely pick for the Chiefs. And as for the Bills, your selection has some merit and I would not be surprised. However I think it will be Ogletree or Patterson depending on how FA pans out.

I can't see Cordarelle Patterson going anywhere near the top-10.

As explosive as he looks on returns and in the open field, he's as raw as James Hardy was coming out- as far as actual WR play, like running routes and getting open. His highlight films are just him body-catching balls while wide open and taking it to the house, or returning punts for TDs. NFL teams aren't that stupid, and will view him as a high upside project.

You are insane if you think the Browns will take Barkely? He is a second rounder at best. Three QB's in the top 7? There might not be three QB's taken by the 7th pick of round two. There is no guarantee Smith goes number 1. Joekel is the more likely pick for the Chiefs. And as for the Bills, your selection has some merit and I would not be surprised. However I think it will be Ogletree or Patterson depending on how FA pans out.

Why is it insane for the Browns to take Barkley? It's also nice to see that all your NFL contacts have informed you that Barkley is considered a 2nd rounder at best.

It's so refreshing to see someone stating their opinion as absolute fact in regards to the draft. I assume you'll be at the combine with your stop watch as you continue scouting for the NFL.

I read the whole thing and you OP made some decent points.

One thing i do agree on is the early picks might be agreed upon in general.

Excepting QBs. that's gonna throw things off. Teams (KC, Browns, cards, or teams in need )might panic and throw anyones mock off early.

I can't see Cordarelle Patterson going anywhere near the top-10.

As explosive as he looks on returns and in the open field, he's as raw as James Hardy was coming out- as far as actual WR play, like running routes and getting open. His highlight films are just him body-catching balls while wide open and taking it to the house, or returning punts for TDs. NFL teams aren't that stupid, and will view him as a high upside project.

Agreed. Patterson looks special with the ball in his hands, too bad he needs to get open and catch the ball first. I think he's talented, but too raw for a top 10. I'll he shocked if he goes that high. The dolphins and Jets are both in desperate need of WRs, I hope one of them drafts Patterson that high.

I think you're right on with a couple of those picks but way off on some of the others. Here's how I see it playing out.

1. KC - QB Geno Smith (Has to be the pick, will be next McNabb for Andy Reid)

2. JAC - DE Damontre Moore (They really need a pass rusher and Moore seems like the best)

3. OAK - DT Star Lotulelei (Could be successor to aging Seymour)

4. PHI - OT Luke Joeckel (Eagles' O-line was beyond awful last season and Peters is seeming to be a bust, hehe)

5. DET - CB Dee Milliner (Lots of people think pass rush but they were relying on Drayton Florence last year)

6. CLE - OLB/DE Jarvis Jones (Has other needs but a stud like Jones won't fall beyond here imo)

7. ARI - OT Eric Fisher (Another team with dreadful O-line and I think they will try to trade for Alex Smith)

8. BUF - ILB Alec Ogletree (Toughest to predict so far but I love this guy and fills a huge need for us)

9. NYJ - OLB/DE Barkevious Mingo (Just seems like the type of player the Jets love on defense)

10. TEN - DE Bjoern Werner (Another team in need of pass rush and he is one of best of maybe 5 or 6 studs at the position)

I really don't see any other QB's going inside top 10 other than Geno but that all depends on how the next two months play out with the combine, pro days, visits and stuff.

Edited by cosmo

And the Bills draft pick is especially tough. And perhaps the most difficult Bills selection to guess in all my years following Bills drafts

I couldn't agree more Pete and as you recall, you and I have been through some funny, albeit painful drafts on this board.

I think that the Bills are going to go after either Alex Smith or Matt Moore. Of those two, probably Smith becuse he has a high completion percentage. Then, they will go for a QB in round 2. This is only a hunch and what I am feeling at this time.

This brings us back to round 1. I am thinking that if Milliner is there, they will draft him at #8. I really hope he is taken in the top 7, and I am a huge Alabama fan. Milliner is better than Gilmore in coverage. He's a very good player, but I don't want the Bills to draft him. Taking DBs early has destoyed this football team.

Well to me atleast it seems this years top ten selections will be easier to see coming then chan gaileys offensive play calling... :D here is what I see happening and why on draft day....#1.geno smith Qb to kc...(matt cassel,brady quiin on the roster nuff said they need a Qb.#2 Damonsta moore DE to jags...(thought matt barkley would be a fit but I did read somewhere that stated jags will and want to build around gabbert...so im going with the best de in the draft cuz well yea jags d needs ton of help on Dline.#3 Jarvis Jones LB to raiders..( again a qb will make sense but for some reason raiders seem intrigue by terrel pryor....but with the rolando mclain situation I think the raiders will be looking to improve thier lb crew and jones will most def help..#4 Luke joekel OL to eagles..(have you seen the eagles offensive line play last year? Nuff said easy pick..#5 bejorn werner to lions DE..( I see this as a great fit and with the release of kyle vandenbosh werner seems like the perfect replacement..#6 Matt barkley QB to browns..( they desperately need a Qb and with the comment the new regime made upon the brandon weeden pick calling it "" desperate panick of a pick to me that says it all.)#7 tyler wilson to cardinals...(skelton or lindley again for 2013 ? No way..#8 Barkevious mingo to bills...( one freakish athlete and will fit that hybrid type of player pittine seems to go for..#9 dee milliner..to dullphins..( with sean smith asking for huge money its just makes perfect sense..)and last but not least..#10 Corddarelle patterson to jets..( its obvious they need wr help..and with the top lbs of the board patterson seems to be the perfect pick for them...there you have it thats my top ten picks for 2013... :D ok ok I know you all waited enough by reading this post....FLAME AWAY!!!! Jajajjjjja

I'm good with Mingo or Ogletree