Update: Percy Harvin Traded to the Seahawks

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pats will trade a high draft pick and pay Harvin a lot of money in a new contract and be an improvement over Welker? Not likely.

Welker is aging and a free agent. He is going to get paid too. Harvin is better. If you have to pay one of em pay Harvin. easy decision

Edited by FluffHead

I don't know that I see him w/ the Pats*, but if he does I bet he doesn't pull any of that tough guy crap w/ Bellichick.

He did with urban Meyer, who is close to bill... We will see if bill wants to take a big chance here. Takes a draft pick and big contract.

Loooong thread on him from when he was on the market last summer.

Guys a cancer. Say no.

Amen! We need quality people (not just players) in order for the new staff to successfully change the culture of the team. Our young players need to around the right players on AND off the field (even role players can be leaders). With the soon to be commitment to drafting and starting a rookie QB we're in this for the longhaul. Though we don't have to rebuild the entire team, we need to be careful about the character of the players we add. I'd rather root for a team of blue collar, lunch pail guys than a team with a few primadonnas and punks at the skill positions. Even if that means it will take us an extra year or two. We don't have a team that can absorb and integrate a punk like Harvin (he couldn't play for and fought with a coach who was player friendly--speaks volumes).

Edited by biggerdaddynj

Patriots.

Off the top of my head this makes a ton of sense.

Amen! We need quality people (not just players) in order for the new staff to successfully change the culture of the team.

This roster could already field an All-Choirboy team. I don't want Harvin, but I do want some veteran nastiness.

Welker is aging and a free agent. He is going to get paid too. Harvin is better. If you have to pay one of em pay Harvin. easy decision

Welker will almost assuredly be leaving the Pats, but there is no chance that Harvin would play better for the Pats than Welker has. Heck, Lloyd was supposed to eclipse his one good season in the NFL because he was playing with Brady in Josh McDaniel's system, but it didn't even come close to happening.

No they will give up a low draft pick and sign him for less than what Welker would have cost them

Not in this galaxy. Maybe one far, far away.

No way Harvin is looking for a huge deal and I don't think the Vikings want any thing less than a second rounder.

I agree they'll look for a 2nd rounder. But I think he'll ask for a decent-sized deal.

Edited by Doc

I'll take him. We need playmakers! Our WR corp is WEAK!

Actually it's even worse than that!

Stevie Johnson the work out warrior

David Nelson coming off ACL surgery

Donald Jones a goner and wasn't that good to start!

T.J. Graham a promising young guy that had a lot of drops.

Brad Smith Not a WR in my eyes

Marcus Easley garbage

Kevin Elliott who?

Chris Hogan who?

Can't be, I thought it was the QB that was the problem, and he made the WR look weak.

I'll pass on Harvin. Bills need a new QB and new WRs for the new coach.

If the Pats continue dumping solid vets by releasing Welker then I wonder how long it will be Berrey it impacts their roster. Me thinks it already has. Much like our team did with Thomas, Reed, Smith, the Pats cutting guys after all their success is not player friendly. If they are not winning it all they just aren't that appealing. Since Spygate they've won nothing and each offseason they supposedly get better and better...only to go home losers

Heard Harvin would be a good fit for the Raiders on NFL AM.. have to agree it seems like a good fit.

We need a big strong tall receiver like Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Calvin Johnson type opposite of Stevie.. Someone physical that can block, break tackles, lay down a defender with a stiff arm.. etc. Besides David Nelson, who isn't very physical, we fairly small receivers.

If the Pats continue dumping solid vets by releasing Welker then I wonder how long it will be Berrey it impacts their roster. Me thinks it already has. Much like our team did with Thomas, Reed, Smith, the Pats cutting guys after all their success is not player friendly. If they are not winning it all they just aren't that appealing. Since Spygate they've won nothing and each offseason they supposedly get better and better...only to go home losers

Isn't Welker a free agent? Big difference between cutting a guy and giving him a big, new contact at that age. The Pats have other receiving targets and have a good history of getting high performance from average receivers.

• 4 weeks later...