Donald Jones to become UFA after no tender from Bills

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't tell I'd folks are just giving the guy a friendly fare well, or if fans actually think cutting him was wrong because he can run block.

Are we really gearing up for another Evans-decoy nonsense fest??

Personally I have to give Jones credit for this past season. He stepped up when Nelson got injured.

He caught a few very poorly thrown passes from Fitz and turned them into big plays.

Having said that, I see Jones as a back-up WR at #4 or 5 on the depth chart. I would have liked to have kept him because he's been with the team for a few years and he is a good blocker and is good on special teams.

I just do not see him as a starter. If the asking price is too high then so be it. I wish him luck in finding another job with an NFL team.

Question: Since Jones is a Restricted Free Agent, can the Bills get a draft pick if he signs with another team?

This is a strong statement by the "new " regime.

There could be a number of reasons behind it. For sure. And i doubt one them is money.

Love the move and how it played.

One of you gentlemen here described him as low hanging fruit and a simple contract or tender.

Did not even tender.

These guys are not f'n around is the message i get. and thats what i am running with.

Jones is a dime a dozen at # 4.

Also you dont do this without a plan in place. Again guys it's a new Bills. for better or worse.

That being said...

GOBILLS

isnt it obvious, he wanted far more than the bills were willing to pay so they gave him the tim kennedy treatment

you can replace a donald jones with a street free agent so easy decision. jones will likely regret not taking the bills offer. id be surprised if he gets more than they were willing to pay anywhere else and might be in the cfl shorty

Isnt there some strange Undrafted FA tendering rule?

Maybe?

Even if low tender (round drafted in is the compensation) was no compensation there's no reason not to make someone match it if you really want to keep him. Even some of the higher tenders are pretty dirt cheap.

Personally I have to give Jones credit for this past season. He stepped up when Nelson got injured.

He caught a few very poorly thrown passes from Fitz and turned them into big plays.

Having said that, I see Jones as a back-up WR at #4 or 5 on the depth chart. I would have liked to have kept him because he's been with the team for a few years and he is a good blocker and is good on special teams.

I just do not see him as a starter. If the asking price is too high then so be it. I wish him luck in finding another job with an NFL team.

Question: Since Jones is a Restricted Free Agent, can the Bills get a draft pick if he signs with another team?

I don't hate on Jones. Just dreading the idiotic, negative spin.

I really want nothing to do with Jones anyway, dropped some big time passes this past year. He has no room to improve, just doesn't have either the size or speed to do so. Moving on, let's try our luck in the draft again or go after an Amendola, Bowe or Jennings (all of which expect the first would be pipe dreams but regardless).

I like Jones.

Letting him walk while trying to resign Fitz unfortunately raises the ugly specter that we're still stuck on "it's always the other guy's fault, never Fitz" .... hope Im wrong

We're restructuring Fitz's deal, as in keeping him but paying less. He is our only viable QB on the roster, where we have several WRs. TJ can develop, we might finally see work for Easley, Nelson will be back, etc.

While we're obviously going to shoot for a QB in the draft or free agency, we have to keep Fitz on the roster in case free agency doesn't work or the pick needs to develop.