Ahmad Bradshaw and Chris Canty Released by Giants

Definite cap move. We don't really need an RB, but dropping Bradshaw is a bit of a surprise to me. I don't know much about Canty except that he is 30 and was only healthy for 9 games last year.

Get 'er done? Let the speculation commence. He is an upgrade over Choice anyways...

Edited by ProbablyWrong

I beg to differ that we don't need another RB. Fred and CJ are somewhat injury riddled as both have missed games due to injury the last 2 years leaving only Choice as a backup. We should look to improve that spot. With Choice a FA we gotta get someone. Bradshaw would be a great pickup.

I beg to differ that we don't need another RB. Fred and CJ are somewhat injury riddled as both have missed games due to injury the last 2 years leaving only Choice as a backup. We should look to improve that spot. With Choice a FA we gotta get someone. Bradshaw would be a great pickup.

Totally agree. Lets not forget that FJ isn't getting any younger. Bradshaw would be a perfect replacement for Choice.

Uh Jackson, yes, Spiller, no. Spiller missed a half against Cleveland with a sprained AC joint (very familiar with this injury as I've had it twice) and played the next week against New England. I would agree Jackson appears to be injury prone at this stage in his career. But what makes anyone think Bradshaw is looking to be a 3rd string RB? When healthy, he's still very good.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Disagree, Bradshaw is equally injury riddled. Bad idea.

"....Canty was to earn $6.5 million next season."

Pass...

Not saying we should sign Canty, but whoever does will not be paying him anywhere near $6.5 million.

I also think another RB is a necessity. Whether that's Bradshaw or not, depends on his health and asking price.

Edited by Marauder24

He won't want to come here. Paying him what he'll likely want, especially to be our 3rd RB, would be stupid. Is rather spend the money elsewhere. Sure, if he would take a mill a year, sign him up. That's wishful thinking

Canty would be a nice pickup if he can be had for 2-3 mil a year. Can play 3-4 DE and 4-3 DT.

Edited by NewEra

He won't want to come here. Paying him what he'll likely want, especially to be our 3rd RB, would be stupid. Is rather spend the money elsewhere. Sure, if he would take a mill a year, sign him up. That's wishful thinking

Canty would be a nice pickup if he can be had for 2-3 mil a year. Can play 3-4 DE and 4-3 DT.

Cowboys 34 end Giants 43 DT - exactly why I said he made sense

Edited by NoSaint

More salary dumping will happen before March 1st. That is the date for most roster bonuses. It will be interesting to see what the market bears.

I am sure Pettine is watching the waiver wire closely for the Jets to clear their salary cap mess. May be they dump some good players and they will want to come and play for Pettine here in Buffalo.

Disagree, Bradshaw is equally injury riddled. Bad idea.

Exactly. The Giants have been very smart about cycling through their RBs in recent years and knowing when to dump them. Ward, Jacobs and now Bradshaw. He would offer no upside at all compared to FJ.