New gun control thread!

The only story there is that one person is an idiot.

But it's a legitimate story. I remember a similar story here about one legislator in Sacramento who had this plan he was pushing to let all public school students decide what their gender is, and then particpate in activities, locker rooms, bathrooms, etc. based on how they identified their gender...not on their physical gender.

Just a bull*** idea from a local twerp. Until passed and then signed into law by Jerry Brown.

One local twerp can change a lot.

Edited by LABillzFan

From the Infowars article the Town wants to talk about it so I guess they are considering it.

"Fellow selectman Glenn Kessler said “he would like to see all the interested parties including the police chief, the town’s legal counsel and citizens talk about the issue before selectmen take action,” according to the Swampscott Patch.

Kessler said there are civil liberty matters to consider.

Although Swampscott’s selectmen took no action on Greenfield’s suggestion, most indicated they may hold a discussion on a gun inspection proposal."

While Infowars headline was certainly misleading the Blaze's headline was quite accurate:

POLICE ENTERING HOMES TO MAKE SURE GUNS ARE STORED SAFELY? IF THIS POLITICIAN HAS HIS WAY…

It's not a legit story. It's one irrelevant yahoo in a township outside of Boston that no one's ever heard of floating a bull **** idea because he's a twerp. The only story there is that one person is an idiot. That's not any sort of story, and it's certainly not "The State of Massachusetts" moving to inspect gun owners' homes, like Infowars explicitly says.

From the article.

In February, similar legislation was pulled in Washington state. Under the proposed law, residents who refused to allow cops to search their homes without a warrant faced a year in jail. Democrats who proposed the bill faced withering criticism from the public and the bill was dropped.

So there is more than one idiot.

And I am certain that there are more that would love this, they just don't think the time is right yet.

From the article.

In February, similar legislation was pulled in Washington state. Under the proposed law, residents who refused to allow cops to search their homes without a warrant faced a year in jail. Democrats who proposed the bill faced withering criticism from the public and the bill was dropped.

So there is more than one idiot.

And I am certain that there are more that would love this, they just don't think the time is right yet.

Gee, what a shock that the left wants to ignore the Bill of Rights when it doesn't suit them.

Edited by Koko78

• 2 weeks later...

Knockout thugs take down a 93-year-old woman with a gun.

http://nationalreport.net/knockout-thug-loses-game-permanently-grannys-big-gun/#sthash.b7t23QYC.dpuf

“I was waiting at the bus stop and suddenly felt this sharp pain to the left side of my body. The blunt force was so strong that it knocked me down. When I looked up I could see a group of thugs laughing at me. Then one of them started kicking me. So before they had a chance to do more harm, I reached in my purse, pulled out my gun and shot the main aggressor. Luckily they all ran after that. I was terrified. I thought they were going to kill me.”

51-year-old Knoshon Mootron a homeless man from St. Louis who witnessed the attack told reporters that Bennett acted like a superhero. “I saw her get sucker punched from behind, hard. She hit the ground, then they all start kicking her, she grabs this huge gun out of her purse and BOOM! Headshot! Game over son, ya know what I’m sayin’? Poor n*gga never had a chance.”

Anti-Gun Democrat Will Resign Rather than Face Recall

Per Fox in Denver:

State Sen. Evie Hudak has decided to resign rather than risk facing a recall election that, should she lose, would flip control of the senate to Republicans, FOX31 Denver is first to report Wednesday.

Hudak is expected to make the official announcement with a press release sometime Wednesday morning.

Hudak, D-Westminster, could have been the third Democratic lawmaker to face a recall over a package of gun control bills they helped pass earlier this year.

The Gun-Control Movement’s Thug Tactics in Colorado

FTA:

Having been roundly beaten last time, the gun-control movement changed its tactics for this fight. For September’s recalls, anti-gun advocates managed to outspend their opposition by 8-1. They lost anyway. In September, they brought in heavy hitters from the Obama campaign and beyond, waging a professional campaign against rank amateurs whose campaigns were widely regarded as a waste of time. They lost anyway. In September, they had reams of positive national news coverage. They lost anyway.

This time, in desperation, the gloves came off.

“As we speak, we have multiple cars monitoring us at our offices and filming us from the parking lot,” Mike McAlpine, who headed up the recall effort, told me yesterday. “This is not a one-off event. We hold sign-and-drive events on the sidewalks near to busy intersections, and we hold signs inviting people to pull over and sign the petition. Our opponents have taken to blocking us: as cars pulls in, they run up to the driver’s side door and physically stand next to the door so that the person inside cannot open the door and come outside.”

Barackobama.com urges Newtown anniversary parties

by Thomas Lifson

Organizing for Action (OFA), which lives at the web address barackobama.com because it is an outgrowth of the Obama presidential campaigns, is shamelessly seeking to exploit the deaths of school children at the hands of a maniac in Newtown, CT.

I am beyond words. How low can you go?

http://www.americant...ry_parties.html

To Push Gun Control, Obama Campaign Arm To Hold Newtown Anniversary Events.

I like that The Hill calls it a “campaign arm,” though it’s super-creepy that a term-limited president has one. . . .

Edited by B-Man

Barackobama.com urges Newtown anniversary parties

by Thomas Lifson

Organizing for Action (OFA), which lives at the web address barackobama.com because it is an outgrowth of the Obama presidential campaigns, is shamelessly seeking to exploit the deaths of school children at the hands of a maniac in Newtown, CT.

I am beyond words. How low can you go?

http://www.americant...ry_parties.html

To Push Gun Control, Obama Campaign Arm To Hold Newtown Anniversary Events.

I like that The Hill calls it a “campaign arm,” though it’s super-creepy that a term-limited president has one. . . .

I'm sure they find the murder of those children as hilarious as some people around here find Ambassador Steven's death.

I'm sure they find the murder of those children as hilarious as some people around here find Ambassador Steven's death.

I was gonna say...if he laughed at the death of four Americans left for dead in Benghazi by the White House, don't be surprised if he's throwing his own Newtown massacre party.

I wonder if they are celebrating any other "holidays" this December ?

OFA’s email to its mailing list lays it out:

OFA will give you the resources you need to ensure your event is a powerful reminder of what we lost a year ago, and a reminder that we as a nation need to do more to prevent gun violence and keep our communities safe,” the organization said.

The email contains a link to
where users can log in and create an event.

“Despite overwhelming public support for expanding background checks for gun sales, Congress has failed to act,” the organization says. “Join local supporters as we remember Newtown and ask Congress: What will it take to make our communities safer?”

No instructions are included for helpful decorating tips or suggested refreshments; maybe you need to request the “resources” to get the full details on how to throw your Newtown shootings party.

Me, I’d suggest saying a silent prayer, but I guess that’s why I don’t have Barack Obama’s mailing list.

• 1 month later...

A Quick Summary of Today’s Second Amendment Ruling (January 6, 2014)

This afternoon, the United States District Court For The Northern District Of Illinois struck down Chicago’s egregious ban on gun sales. The summary from the case:

The ban covers federally licensed firearms dealers; even validly licensed dealers cannot sell firearms in Chicago. The ban covers gifts amongst family members; only through inheritance can someone transfer a firearm to a family member. Chicago does all this in the name of reducing gun violence. That is one of the fundamental duties of government: to protect its citizens. The stark reality facing the City each year is thousands of shooting victims and hundreds of murders committed with a gun. But on the other side of this case is another feature of government: certain fundamental rights are protected by the Constitution, put outside government’s reach, including the right to keep and bear arms for self-defense under the Second Amendment. This right must also include the right to acquire a firearm,although that acquisition right is far from absolute: there are many long-standing restrictions on who may acquire firearms (for examples, felons and the mentally ill have long been banned) and there are many restrictions on the sales of arms (for example, licensing requirements for commercial sales).
But Chicago’s ordinance goes too far in outright banning legal buyers and legal dealers from engaging in lawful acquisitions and lawful sales of firearms, and at the same time the evidence does not support that the complete ban sufficiently furthers the purposes that the ordinance tries to serve. For the specific reasons explained later in this opinion, the ordinances are declared unconstitutional.

• 2 weeks later...
New movie will make NRA ‘wish they weren’t alive,’ says Obama backer Weinstein

“I shouldn’t say this. I’m going to make a movie with Meryl Streep, and we’re going to take this issue head-on and they’re going to wish they weren’t alive after I’m done with them,” Weinstein said during an interview with radio host Howard Stern Wednesday.

Deadline Hollywood says the movie is currently titled “The Senator’s Wife” and will focus on the NRA’s successful attempts to lobby federal lawmakers against voting for gun control legislation.

http://news.yahoo.com/hollywood-obama-donor-says-new-movie-will-make-nra--wish-they-weren-t-alive-213902316.html

Yeah, someone's a bit full of himself.

It is reasonably funny, of course, to see Weinstein move so smoothly between condemning a civil rights group for supposedly fostering death and promising that his opponents are “going to wish they weren’t alive.”

It’s also amusing to watch a celebrity buy into the line that the NRA is secretly running the country against the wishes of the people. (Perhaps Weinstein should look up the outfit’s favorability ratings and compare them to the president’s?)

And it’s downright hilarious that a man who has filled his movies with so much gratuitous gun-violence is now intending to go after others for their involvement in the industry. But, hey. Attaboy! This could be the moment that we all give up our rights.

I’ve seen a few wreckers suggesting that the people who already agree with Weinstein will walk out saying they’ve just seen the next Citizen Kane, while everyone else will shrug their shoulders, get on with their lives, and buy another AR-15.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/368672/harvey-weinstein-change-everybodys-mind-firearms-charles-c-w-cooke

http://www.ijreview....ng-prison-yeah/

"A member of former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s anti-gun group, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, has been sentenced to up to 20 months for illegally discharging a firearm. Irony, poetic justice or both?

Here are some details from our good friend Matt Vespa:

…James Schiliro, the mayor of Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania, took 20-year-old Nicholas Dorsam to his home for a few glasses of wine. When Dorsam tried to leave, Schiliro went into a craze, firing his gun into a stack of papers, and threatening to commit suicide.

Schiliro was one of 600 mayors who signed a letter urging Obama to support gun restrictions on law-abiding Americans, so obviously this is just another textbook case of a politician saying one thing and doing another.

These are exactly the types of people we don’t need running our country…"

Edited by Gary M

County-Opposition-to-SAFE-Act-ao-January-2014-574x442.jpg

There has been a mostly quiet refusal of county and local officials to implement and enforce the onerous provisions of the NY State gun law rushed through the state legislature in almost comical fashion after the Newtown, CT, school shooting.

In the rush to legislate, the text of the law failed to exempt police and other law enforcement from limits on the number of rounds in a magazine, and imposed a ludicrous 7-round magazine limit that even the State agreed was unworkable. That 7-round limit has been declared unconstitutional by a federal court, although the rest of the law was upheld.

But what has slowed the law the most was an upstate insurrection, where almost every county legislature declared its opposition, and many clerks and local police simply ignored the law. Local Sheriff groups have come out against the law as have police unions.

The Ithaca Journal reports on the result:

When a gunman killed 26 people in Newtown, Conn., in December 2012, New York’s top elected leaders rushed to toughen state gun laws in a month’s time.

Propelled by the flash of emotions following the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, the state Legislature approved the NY Safe Act on Jan. 15, 2013, and Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed it hours later.

Now, a year later, the new gun law has yet to be effectively implemented.

Officially called the NY Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act, the law regulates weapons ownership, sales, permits and ammunition.

In dozens of interviews with The Ithaca Journal, county sheriffs, county clerks, a retailer, a target shooter and a hunting guide described the law’s shortcomings, administrative delays and a maze of gun permit paperwork that some local public officials predict will take years to sort out.

Those delays and flaws have weakened the enforcement of the SAFE Act — designed to protect New Yorkers from the national horror of mass shootings in schools, shopping centers and theaters.

Locally, sheriffs said they aren’t actively enforcing the SAFE Act, which means they’re not running stings or looking for violations as they would to combat drugs. Instead, they are enforcing violations of the gun law they encounter as they enforce other laws….

http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/01/local-opposition-stymies-ny-safe-act-gun-law/

Edited by B-Man

Cue up the rhetoric, a couple more kids got shot up by other kids playing with uncontrolled firearms. In Detroit and NJ no less. I bet it had to do with that Bridgegate thingie!

Okay:

And two woman just got shot in an Elkhart, Indiana grocery store... Police killed the gunman. What's your point?

Within the last few days:

Movie theater dude.

New Mexico, 12 year old shoots @ school w/20 guage

Elkhart, Indiana supermarket

4 year old shoots 4 year old

Wow... We had a heck of a week. It is not even making the board anymore. People must be getting bored.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Locally, sheriffs said they aren’t actively enforcing the SAFE Act, which means they’re not running stings or looking for violations as they would to combat drugs. Instead, they are enforcing violations of the gun law they encounter as they enforce other laws….

http://legalinsurrec...fe-act-gun-law/

I think you'd find that most (if not all) law enforcement agencies not called are not even charging SAFE Act violations when they charge violations of other laws. Nor will you find many (if any) district attorneys who would seriously consider prosecuting a SAFE Act charge when they had other pending charges to prosecute.

Okay:

And two woman just got shot in an Elkhart, Indiana grocery store... Police killed the gunman. What's your point?

Within the last few days:

Movie theater dude.

New Mexico, 12 year old shoots @ school w/20 guage

Elkhart, Indiana supermarket

4 year old shoots 4 year old

Wow... We had a heck of a week. It is not even making the board anymore. People must be getting bored.

Meanwhile in Chicago.....

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Chicagos-First-Homicide-of-2014-Among-5-Shot-Since-Friday-238712481.html