New gun control thread!

Funny how elected officials operate. The federal government watched 5 million people lose their health care because of Obamacare, and yet still boast how they signed up 3 million. NY loses a new factory that would hire 2,000 people and Cuomo sents out a tweet that NYS isn't losing any jobs.

It's good to be king, I guess.

Alabama newspaper headline: "Thanks Gov. Cuomo!"

http://blog.al.com/b...alabama_ce.html

From your link:

On Monday, Remington's Facebook page was filled with a different sort of message. The site contained numerous well wishes from those glad to see the company's new facility in Alabama.

"Welcome to Huntsville, Alabama. Thank you Gov. Cuomo!" one poster said.

Not exactly a newspaper headline.

From your link:

On Monday, Remington's Facebook page was filled with a different sort of message. The site contained numerous well wishes from those glad to see the company's new facility in Alabama.

"Welcome to Huntsville, Alabama. Thank you Gov. Cuomo!" one poster said.

Not exactly a newspaper headline.

Headline of linked article:

Thanks Gov. Cuomo! As Alabama celebrates Remington move, New York lawmaker blasts state's gun policies

Connecticut’s Outbreak of Civil Disobedience.

“This successful example of mass defiance horrifies the editorial board of the Hartford Courant, which shudders at the sight of the masses not obeying an order that, history, tells us, never had a shot at wide compliance. But compliance with gun registration would have been a historical aberration.

Gun restrictions of all sorts breed defiance everywhere they’re introduced.” I love the people who say you could never deport all the illegals, but who think you could lock up all the gun owners.

• 2 weeks later...
Second Amendment Group to Connecticut: Put Up or Shut Up

A few days ago, I wrote about the considerable number of Connecticut gun owners who have simply refused to comply with the post-Newtown rules and register their “assault weapons” with the state. Connecticut, I observed, has created a “real problem” for itself.

Today, the pro-Second Amendment group, Connecticut Carry, went one stage further, issuing a provocative press release in which it suggested that “the state does not have the balls to enforce [the new] laws” and demanded that authorities pick a course of action: “It’s time,” the group argues in summation, ”for the State to enforce the tyranny they passed or repeal it entirely”

Harsh as it might sound, this isn’t an unreasonable dichotomy. As the Hartford Courant reported at the time, there are now ”enough people in serious violation of Connecticut gun laws to fill a small town at least, a very big town more likely and perhaps as many as live in the state’s largest cities.” The state thus finds itself in a quandary. To enforce the laws more aggressively would, in Connecticut Carry’s words, likely ”not survive the public outcry and resistance that would occur” (really, all it would need is a good story about authorities connecting an individual to a sales record and searching his house — or, worse, confiscating a weapon – and the whole liberty movement would mobilize). On the other hand, authorities had rather banked on their reforms being a success and, having stood before the nation in early 2013 and painted themselves as trailblazers and model-makers, the state’s fate is now pretty much inextricable from the wider gun-control movement’s success. After all, if Connecticut gives up, what chance does anywhere else have?

How Gun Rights Have Expanded Over The Last 20 Years: A Story of Hope.

Edited by B-Man

Connecticut is not the only one. I have many friends in NY state, all of them gun owners, and non compliance with the SAFE act is the rule. I wonder, if we rounded them all up, how many new felons we would have?

It's a lock that 85% of the gun owners in upstate aren't compliant.

The local law enforcement want nothing to do with this law, and they aren't enforcing it, unless they get you for something else first. My brother has 3 friends, one of each: city cop, sheriff, and State Trooper, and all of them told us that they don't enforce it, and nobody else does either.

So, yeah, the felons, who drive drunk with weapons in the car(the 1 time the city cop enforced it), or deal drugs/grow weed, or do something else nasty, they will get nailed.

Now here's the hilarious part: in 3 years, I bet we will hear the whining, because this law disproportionately affects minorities! :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

The local law enforcement want nothing to do with this law, and they aren't enforcing it, unless they get you for something else first. My brother has 3 friends, one of each: city cop, sheriff, and State Trooper, and all of them told us that they don't enforce it, and nobody else does either.

So, yeah, the felons, who drive drunk with weapons in the car(the 1 time the city cop enforced it), or deal drugs/grow weed, or do something else nasty, they will get nailed.

Now here's the hilarious part: in 3 years, I bet we will hear the whining, because this law disproportionately affects minorities! :lol:

The other half of the problem is finding a District Attorney who will sacrifice their political career to prosecute a SAFE Act violation.

The other half of the problem is finding a District Attorney who will sacrifice their political career to prosecute a SAFE Act violation.

Oh God yes.

That DA would have to leave the state. Or face the very real potential for a tarring and feathering. Dems in Buffalo don't realize just how real the TEA party is in the rest of upstate. They think they wouldn't follow the Revolutionary measures, because they haven't spent very much time in the 95% of the state that isn't Downtown Buffalo, Downtown Rochester, etc. The Republican party IS the TEA party in suburban/rural NY.

As usual Democrats are the cause of their own problems: We know how poorly this state has been run under downstate/Democrat control, and how corrput Democrats are here, we don't need to see it on TV, like somebody in Texas does.

The TEA party folks here are near, not quite over, the edge when it comes to gun control and private property rights. Perhaps not being over the edge saves the DA? Just barely. Perhaps it stops with egging/TPing his house? Slash his tires, etc.

I'd say that it is directly proportional: Cuomo can run his mouth all day. Nobody cares. But, if he starts acting, he better be prepared for a proportional repsonse.

The best thing for him is to STFU, leave these people where they are: near the edge, and do nothing that will push them over.

Wonder how many watch lists this guy made. Of course the town goes after him in the interest of traffic safety. http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/hamburg/hamburg-town-justices-recuse-themselves-from-anti-safe-act-sign-case-20140307 Edited by Jim in Anchorage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Woops.

Gun-grabbing State Senator from San Francisco arrested for...wait for it...gun smuggling.

SAN FRANCISCO -- In a stunning criminal complaint, State Sen. Leland Yee has been charged with conspiring to traffic in firearms and public corruption as part of a major FBI operation spanning the Bay Area, casting yet another cloud of corruption over the Democratic establishment in the Legislature and torpedoing Yee's aspirations for statewide office.

Yee and an intermediary allegedly met repeatedly with an undercover FBI agent, soliciting campaign contributions in exchange for setting up a deal with international arms dealers.

At their first face-to-face meeting in January, "Senator Yee explained he has known the arms dealer for a number of years and has developed a close relationship with him," an FBI affidavit says, noting Yee told the agent the arms dealer "has things that you guys want."

It seems like liberals are dropping chow everywhere these days.

Man, I'm glad I'm not one of those FBI agents. Can you imagine the **** storm they're in for when Eric the Red Holder finds out about this. Holly Hanna Batman. Lucy's gonna hava a whole lot of splainin to do.

We're talking audits, demotions...hell, these agents could find themselves on ACA Navigation detail. Do you have any idea how many people are standing in line at this very minute waiting for some ACA navigator to show up and give them a happy ending?