Gregg Williams to Tennessee Titans Pending Reinstatement

Numark

Gregg Williams will be the assistant head coach of the Titans...

http://espn.go.com/n...ennessee-titans

Suspended former New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has already met with the Tennessee Titans and is on the verge of becoming the Titans' assistant head coach, according to league sources.

Before Williams can finalize a contract with the Titans, however, he first must be reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell -- a move that could come as early as this week.

Should Williams be reinstated, no obstacles are expected on the contractual front, according to sources. The two sides are familiar with each other, with Williams having worked in Tennessee from 1993-2000.

Edited by Numark

Guys a great defensive coach. He'll redeem himself.

I'd beg to differ as SF claimed to know his calls before they happened in the playoff game vs the saints (which i tend to agree with since i wasnt surprised either) and he's run himself out of every organizatin he's joined besides Tennessee without an extension

Edited by NoSaint

Bud Adams or whatever his name is = idiot.

Greggo is an untouchable mess and is proven by the fact his buddy Fisher isn't even interested in him anymore. I'm actually shocked that he would ever be a coach in the league again. But what the hell. Ray Lewis is still a player so why not.

Edited by beerme1

So "indefinite" means 1 year? Why didn't the NFL just say so when they handed out the punishment in the first place? Were they concerned that a 1 year suspension wouldn't sound severe enough so they called it "indefinite" and then lifted it in one year? I think that the NFL was more concerned with appearing tough than being tough on this.

Player suspensions- reduced/overturned. Where any games even missed?

Peyton punishment- 1 year, then signs massive contract extension to make up for any lost revenue.

Williams punishment- "indefinite suspension", terminated at 1 year and then immediately signs with another team.

Really cracked down hard on this.

Edited by vincec

How is Gregg Williams to titans not desriptive /serious

Unless there is an update to the link you posted he is 'close' to agreement with the Titans and he still needs league reinstatement. Your title implies that it's a done deal. If you'd like me to change the title I'd be happy to, but I prefer you do it.

If he is reinstated and goes to the Titans you can then update the title again.