Jason Campbell in FA

Mango

He's not getting too much mention around here as a FA QB. The facts are Flacco won't hit the market, Alex Smith is a game manager at best, and Tavaris was horrendous in Minnesota for years. A 40 year old Favre put them in the NFC Championship game, while Tavaris couldn't average close to 200 yards per game through the air.

I would kick the tires on this. Get one of these QBs in the 2nd or 3rd. I like Manuel in the 3rd. Then if you are in a position to grab a guy next year you are free to do so. Worst case either Manuel or Campbell work out.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll pass.

Why? What's the solution. Nassib at 8? I think we need a stop gap, Fitz may be able to do that job, maybe not. We need to grab a guy this year to develope and/or next year to be THE GUY. Campbell would be a tremendous stop gap

I want to start ordering psychological profiles or commissioning academic studies on the posters who start the Jason Campbell threads every single offseason. I am convinced that the Jason Campbell threads might be a gateway to unlocking the mysteries of human nature. I suspect it's the same crowd who have since retired from the "sign Jeff Garcia" threads but I'd like to test that out as well.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

I want to start ordering psychological profiles or commissioning academic studies on the posters who start the Jason Campbell threads every single offseason. I am convinced that the Jason Campbell threads might be a gateway to unlocking the mysteries of human nature. I suspect it's the same crowd who have since retired from the "sign Jeff Garcia" threads but I'd like to test that out as well.

+1

Ya Campbell he'll fix things, keep Fitzpatrick and add another target for him

Please no. I would much rather have Jason Campbell than another year of Fitz. Campbell can run the read option and has a better arm than Fitz. Why would you want to suffer through another season with someone who has so clearly demonstrated that he just cannot get the job done?

I'm saying if we are bent on shipping Fitz out and need another veteran he is the best option. He's better then Smith And Tavaris. I don't think he is the solution. Just a stop gap while we groom the future. By no means is he the savior of the franchise. Just spit balling ideas. Without wasting a draft pick on a bad Alex Smith, this seems like a good option.

What's your big idea?

I agree. He'd come cheap, is better than fitz, has a strong arm, he's mobile and has experience. Makes sense to me. If I thought we could get a stud qb in this years draft, maybe not so much. I just don't like the QBs in the draft other than geno. Sign Campbell and draft Manuel or Dysert in the 3rd if ones available. Look to draft a QB in the first next year, where there's some real potential.

Campbell is another one of those "keep the seat warm" options I wouldn't mind. My 3 favorites are Alex smith, Campbell and Matt Moore (likely in that order). They could all do what I hoped fitz was - keep us competitive while a young. High upside guy tries to unseat them, or be a reliable top of the league backup

Jason Campbell is one of the most underrated QB's in the league. He should have been the starting QB for the Raiders this year. They were so stupid to dump him after he got hurt. I would have taken Campbell over Fitz in a heartbeat. I would all be for signing him.

I'd take him over fritz any day. Your statement on the raiders dumping him ( bad move) and the outrageous palmer trade, got the HC fired. he was OK before his injury with the raiders.

Ya Campbell he'll fix things, keep Fitzpatrick and add another target for him

how you continue to act like fitz is better than any qb not named Cassell or Tebow is amusing. jason campbell was playing well for the raiders pre injury FWIW.

campbell over fitz easily if its up to me.

I'd take him over fritz any day. Your statement on the raiders dumping him ( bad move) and the outrageous palmer trade, got the HC fired. he was OK before his injury with the raiders.

He was playing great football his last year with Raiders. He was about to lead them to the playoffs before he got hurt. During a broadcast that year they were talking about how statistically he improved each year as starter IIRC beggining with the Skins. Keep in mind, historically, Campbell has played on bad teams. I believe he is better than the sum.

You can't just say let's draft a QB next year. The chances of winning 5 or more games are too great and that puts you out of the running. I do recognize that if Fitz gets cut we are quarterbackless, and Campbell could work. But we need to perform due diligence and pick a QB this year to be our future.