Darrelle Revis traded to Bucs

BRAWNDO

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nfl.com has it as official. 6 year deal.........2013 1st rounder and a conditional 2014 3rd or 4th.

So long, Mr. Revis.

They traded him for this year's #13 and a conditional next year, which is a 3rd or 4th, and signed him to a six year deal. That's a great move for the Bucs, IMO.

Per SNY, 6 years, $96 million. They'd better hope that knee holds up...

The Bucs just did the Jets a huge favor by taking Revis off their hands. High paid and coming off an injury. Also, the way to counter Revis' presence is to use tight ends and a good slot receiver. That's one of the reasons why Pettine's defense relied heavily on safeties. As for screwing up our draft day, I can't think of one team with more holes in their roster than the Jets - they're easily worse off than the Bills. What position are they "set" at?

Per SNY, 6 years, $96 million. They'd better hope that knee holds up...

Per PFW, the contract is essentially 6, one year deals. With very little of the 96 million being guaranteed. So if he doesn't return to form they can just dump him.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

And still did it. That should tell you something. If they sign him to a 5-6 year deal it will be almost impossible for him to holdout again.

and everyone said that after his 2nd holdout. He holds out every 2 years. I will go in record and say that the rest of his career, he will be a shell of what he once was. But that's besides the point. The points of my dislike of this trade have been previously listed. It doesn't help the Bills in any way at all. Doesn't matter that he's not in the division anymore.

And FWIW, he signed a $96m contract which is absolutely ridiculous IMO and hell never live up to it. EVER. .

16m a year pay as you go is a very interesting contract. More should be like that. Good for the Bucs.

and everyone said that after his 2nd holdout. He holds out every 2 years. I will go in record and say that the rest of his career, he will be a shell of what he once was. But that's besides the point. The points of my dislike of this trade have been previously listed. It doesn't help the Bills in any way at all. Doesn't matter that he's not in the division anymore.

And FWIW, he signed a $96m contract which is absolutely ridiculous IMO and hell never live up to it. EVER. .

But there really isn't any way he can hold out with that contract. I think it helps the Bills a ton.

Per PFW, the contract is essentially 6, one year deals. With very little of the 96 million being guaranteed. So if he doesn't return to form they can just dump him.

smartest possible scenario for the Bucs.

How does that affect Revis and his inability to go 2 years without holding out?

16m a year pay as you go is a very interesting contract. More should be like that. Good for the Bucs.

But there really isn't any way he can hold out with that contract. I think it helps the Bills a ton.

i just think the Bucs are buying a player just like Mario with us last year. Probably wont accumulate to anything for them. Except less cap space and now less draft pics. More than likely he will be a distraction and like I stated before, I don't think it helps the Bills at all. Stevie has shown he can play against Revis. Now the Jets have more cap room and more draft picks. And because Revis was so good against everybody in the league not named Stevie Johnson, the Patriots and Dolphins have less to worry about which makes it harder for us to compete in the division.

And because Revis was so good against everybody in the league not named Stevie Johnson, the Patriots and Dolphins have less to worry about which makes it harder for us to compete in the division.

That's the only good argument, and it is a good one I'll grant you. It just doesn't override the advantages of him being gone.

That's the only good argument, and it is a good one I'll grant you. It just doesn't override the advantages of him being gone.

really? That's the only one you'll "grant" me? As if I needed anyone's approval but how is the Jets salary cap no longer being an issue a good thing for the Bills? How is the Jets having xx more picks in the draft a good thing for the Bills? How is Revis not being a malcontent and causing camp issues every single season good for the Bills?

really? That's the only one you'll "grant" me? As if I needed anyone's approval but how is the Jets salary cap no longer being an issue a good thing for the Bills? How is the Jets having xx more picks in the draft a good thing for the Bills? How is Revis not being a malcontent and causing camp issues every single season good for the Bills?

Because excluding the last one, those things are a trade off. Do I want Revis on the Jets or the Jets to have more draft picks? I want the Jets to have the picks because Revis is way better. Do I want the Jets paying Revis 16 mil versus two guys at 8 mil or three guys at 5.3 mil? I think I want the Jets paying the two or the three guys because Revis is that good. The malcontent stuff has never affected his play on the team or the field unless you believe, which I don't, his holdout led to an injury in week two of 2010 (why wouldnt he injure it in week one?) The jets, since Ryan took over, have always been like that. Last year it bit them in the ass for the first time. Other years, IMO, they overachieved.