Deadspin: Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend Is A Hoax

Punch

To be fair...a friend of mine died 5-6 years ago. His wife kept his Facebook page active and she regularly posts updates of their kids 'to him'. Heck I even post birthday wishes 'to him' every year.

Irregardless of how this plays out I think its quite obvious our POTUS needs to look at tougher regulations on fake girlfriends... look how it is affecting so many!

LOL! I smell an executive order!!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Te'o's problem. No matter if he was duped or not the whole media blitz surrounding him since the Michigan State is an issue.

http://www.thebiglea...dia-blew-it-up/

ESPN discussed the Bills in their coverage this morning and how Kiper has them picking Te'o. There is an article about Te'o and the Bills draft linked from the Buffalo News on the main page. I haven't read it yet so I'm not sure what is in there. I am afraid to read it. Polamalu may be involved and has connections with Whaley. And from the article you linked.....

Where does that leave us? Well, waiting for Manti Te’o and his representation to circle the wagons and provide more than a released written statement, I suppose.

Smoke....meet fire.

While for the last 20 minutes you've conned me into thinking I was talking to a 43 year old. See how easy that was!

It happens though, seriously. I've seen it, and several others in the thread have. It's not as impossible as many portray

No saint - online relationships exist. But eventually, after 3 years, people meet. Heck, what about skype, face time, etc? You're telling me they never skyped?

Also, its not that I don't accept that online relationships exist, but your asking me to accept that manti te'o for all this time, rather than dating a real physical girl, would lock himself in his room and fall asleep talking to a girl he never met for 8 hours!???

C'mon MAN!!

He's the starting LB for ND, heisman candidate, all-everything, and this guy doesn't date a girl he can actually touch but instead just talks on the phone for X amount of years??

Logic man. Logic faulters here

Edited by bobobonators

No saint - online relationships exist. But eventually, after 3 years, people meet. Heck, what about skype, face time, etc? You're telling me they never skyped?

Also, its not that I don't accept that online relationships meet, but your asking me to accept that manti te'o for all this time, rather than dating a real physical girl, would lock himself in his room and fall on the sleep talking to a girl he never met for 8 hours!???

C'mon MAN!!

He's the starting LB for ND, heisman candidate, all-everything, and this g

uy doesn't date a girl he can actually touch but instead just talks on the phone for X amount of years??

Logic man. Logic faulters here

I wonder if he did actually meet someone initially. Reagan said there was someone for real before teo. And then the hoaxsters picked up on this after to string him along.

Reliability Meter - # 1 is best, # 17 is worst:

#1- nevergiveup

#2- BuffaloATL

#3- metzelaars_lives

#4- kelly blue book

#5- farmers almanac

#6- nostradamus

#7- TMZ

#8- punxsutawney phil

#9- weatherman

#10- economist

#11- ESPN Insiders

#12- psychic

#13- momma pecoraro

#14- Thurman Thomas

#15- Skooby and sources deep within

#16- Bleacher Report

#17- Manti T'eo

I wonder if he did actually meet someone initially. Reagan said there was someone for real before teo. And then the hoaxsters picked up on this after to string him along.

ya, same here.

i could maybe see a woman and that Tuaalalalaualapaoapooppo character working together in this elaborate scheme.

I don't know, even if Te'o was "innocent" in this case though, he's still guilty of exaggerating their relationship. That exaggeration during the football season turned a great player into a mythical player, creating a hype machine for ND and a potential Heisman.

You laugh but this revelation might provide him with an excuse for that poor outing , negating any potential draft order impact. Provided of course he was only a victim here and this blows over by April.

his place in the draft all hinges on his 40 time.....if he times fast, which i doubt, he will be picked around 10-15. if he times average, which i expect, he will be picked 16-32. if he times medium-slow, which is possible, he falls out of first round.

ya, same here.

i could maybe see a woman and that Tuaalalalaualapaoapooppo character working together in this elaborate scheme.

I don't know, even if Te'o was "innocent" in this case though, he's still guilty of exaggerating their relationship. That exaggeration during the football season turned a great player into a mythical player, creating a hype machine for ND and a potential Heisman.

Agree. But people exaggerate relationships all the time. I knew a guy who met a reasonably well known female TV show co-host. I dont think he did much more than shake hands and chat for a bit at a nightclub. She put him on her email list, but all we ever saw were to advertise her upcoming shows. No sign of a relationship. Nonetheless he went around for a while claiming they were an item. We just laughed it off, guy was lovesick and only kidding himself.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Agree. But people exaggerate relationships all the time. I knee a guy who met a reasonably well known female TV show co-host. I dont think he did much more than shake hands and chat for a bit at club. She put him on her email list, but all we ever saw were to advertise her upcoming shows. No sign of a relationship. Nonetheless he went around for a while claiming they were an item. We just laughed it off, guy was lovesick and only kidding himself.

ya, i hear ya. but it looks worse when you're in the public eye, and when it involves a death.

sorry, correction, i mean "death"

Agree. But people exaggerate relationships all the time. I knew a guy who met a reasonably well known female TV show co-host. I dont think he did much more than shake hands and chat for a bit at a nightclub. She put him on her email list, but all we ever saw were to advertise her upcoming shows. No sign of a relationship. Nonetheless he went around for a while claiming they were an item. We just laughed it off, guy was lovesick and only kidding himself.

Kathy Lee or Hoda?

i didn't read all 22 pages but c'mon, this happens a lot these days. that movie "catfish" and the tv show by that same name on mtv shows how this happens all of the time. the guy has a big heart, he was an easy target. i definitely believe him. he was talking to someone. and if it's like that show then it's probably a 400 pound whale who can't get guys to talk to her otherwise. i feel really bad for the guy. this has to be super embarrassing for him to admit he was the victim of such an elaborate hoax, not to mention the tears he probably shed thinking his online gf that he talked to every single day had died. i don't see how this can be held against him. a dumb/naive jock getting taken advantage of...is it really that far fetched?

i didn't read all 22 pages but c'mon, this happens a lot these days. that movie "catfish" and the tv show by that same name on mtv shows how this happens all of the time. the guy has a big heart, he was an easy target. i definitely believe him. he was talking to someone. and if it's like that show then it's probably a 400 pound whale who can't get guys to talk to her otherwise. i feel really bad for the guy. this has to be super embarrassing for him to admit he was the victim of such an elaborate hoax, not to mention the tears he probably shed thinking his online gf that he talked to every single day had died. i don't see how this can be held against him. a dumb/naive jock getting taken advantage of...is it really that far fetched?

Well, there is the part where he described their initial meeting in Palo Alto, or the part about her vacationing in Hawaii and meeting family.

I feel a song coming on!

Tay, Tay Tay-ay-ay-o

(Daylight come and he got no girlfriend)

Tay, Tay Tay-ay-ay-o

Come Mister Tally Man, tally me a girlfriend

Tay, Tay Tay-ay-ay-o

Tay, Tay Tay-ay-ay-o

Hide the deadly black tarantula

Tay, Tay Tay-ay-ay-o

Tay, Tay Tay-ay-ay-o

I feel a song coming on!

Tay, Tay Tay-ay-ay-o

Tay, Tay Tay-ay-ay-o

Tay, Tay Tay-ay-ay-o

Tay, Tay Tay-ay-ay-o

Tay, Tay Tay-ay-ay-o

Tay, Tay Tay-ay-ay-o

lmfao..