Senior bowl aftermath: What QB do you want to draft now?

NFL draft QB  

299 members have voted

1. 1. What QB do you want to draft?

I know there are A LOT of threads on here about QBs but I wanted to see Poll wise who everyone really wants.

This year I have been all over the place with QBs and the one I liked best (Casey Pachall) went into rehab. For my Money I still think Landry Jones is the most ready to start even though Barkley is more prostyle I just don't think he will be any good. The most Talented QB by far is Tyler Bray and is why I'm picking him in the second round and hoping for Alex Smith or Matt Flynn to take over this year. Bray however needs a lot of work on maturity, poise and reading defenses.

EDIT: So who you do want know after watching the senior bowl :doh:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glennon, Dysert, Wilson, Nassib, & Jones...probably in that order.

We need the big-time strong arm and I think the first 3 will give us that. I'd take Nassib if those guys aren't available, only because he played for Marrone & Hackett and knows them. Landry Jones would be at the bottom of my list.

My jury is still out on Geno Smith. I didn't see the games where he put up huge numbers and the only one I did see is where the SU defense shut him down in the snow. That's just one game, so I don't want to eliminate him from that, but I do agree with how we need a guy who can handle the elements well. Global warming may not bring much more winter weather to Buffalo, but you still have to prep for it. :flirt:

Matt Barkley is overrated. Do not go anywhere near him.

Nobody in this draft class seems to be a lock.

Honestly, besides Peyton Manning and Luck, what Qb is ever a lock? What draft pick is ever a lock? There were questions about RG3 last year. I think Smith and Barkley can be franchise QBs. No a big fan of Glennon. Wilson strikes me as a system guy. I think Jones screams backup. The rest of the guys I won't might as later round picks.

If the "experts" knew what they were talking about, Wilson won't have been a 3rd rounder. Just draft a guy or 2 and if they don't flash, draft another guy next year. The position is too important and been neglected to long here to not give up a ton of resources to finally get a legit franchise Qb.

Kiper's first QB at 21 pick is Glennon for now.

"Kiper notes that Glennon was "a victim of tons of drops" and "the tape will help his case." The bowl game wasn't pretty, but Glennon could put on a great showing in Mobile. "I don't see him as an immediate starter in an ideal situation, but he has a high ceiling. A guy who could actually get better between now and the draft," Kiper wrote.

Edited by independent

I think this is where Big Doug has a leg up. He had Nassib, and played against both Barkley and Geno Smith last year.

Very good point. He also didn't recruit Nassib and saw Barkley throw 6 td passes. Personally, I don't get the Barkley hate. He was the #1 pick coming into the season, throws 36 tds in 11 games, plays for an idiot, and now he isn't even a 1st rounder? If he is there, the Bills should draft him on his resume alone.

Colin Klein in the later rounds please. I could see him running an offense like Kaepernick did against GB last week. I also doubt he'll get drafted in the first 3 rounds. Use the upper rounds on LBs and WRs.

I find Klein interesting but his arm is closer to Tebow than Kaep. Kaep has a cannon. Klein has a pop gun. But if the Bills draft a QB before him, I'd have zero issues with him being a development guy. I always think you should one of those guys on your roster.

Very good point. He also didn't recruit Nassib and saw Barkley throw 6 td passes. Personally, I don't get the Barkley hate. He was the #1 pick coming into the season, throws 36 tds in 11 games, plays for an idiot, and now he isn't even a 1st rounder? If he is there, the Bills should draft him on his resume alone.

I find Klein interesting but his arm is closer to Tebow than Kaep. Kaep has a cannon. Klein has a pop gun. But if the Bills draft a QB before him, I'd have zero issues with him being a development guy. I always think you should one of those guys on your roster.

Very true. But also consider Klein is a converted WR to QB, has improved his arm greatly this year and could continue to improve. It's a risky pick, but I feel he may have the highest ceiling of any other QB this year. If he's taken 4th or 5th, no major setback if he turns out to be a bust. He would probably be a better WR than TJ Graham if QB doesn't work out.

I'm surprised anyone would want Glennon. I live in Charlotte NC with a lot of NC State grads and they can't believe he's being considered as one of the top QB's. They say he can throw the ball 75 yds, but chooses to throw it 5 yards all game long. To me his skill set doesn't even compare to Zac Dysert's.

I don't think we should go the rookie route at all... I think we should try for Skelton! :nana:

On a serious note:

I'm firmly in the Matt Barkley camp. His junior year was absolutely amazing. He has good numbers for td:int ratio, completion %, and ypa. The teams he played on also weren't the typical USC "better talent than anyone else" squads.

Still think Geno's accuracy, arm, and very high TD-INT ratio, plus playing in WV all fall make him a great candidate for Buffalo. I would open up a training camp competition with him and Fitz or another veteran, and unless he forces the issue, I would let him sit and learn the game. But I don't think he'll be there for us to make that decision.

Intrigued by Tyler Wilson and Zac Dysert, not sold on many of the other candidates; would be OK with Nassib in round 2 and furious with him in round 1. I hate the optics of rebuilding the Syracuse program in Buffalo, though. It's getting a little too close to Gailey and his Georgia Tech buddies, and really, only the Pettine hiring is keeping me from being more discouraged with Marrone so far.

It strikes me that we realistically need two quarterbacks, not one. Thigpen is 90 years old and shows no sign of returning to the skill level he had in his prime, which lasted for about two weeks. We totally mismanaged Tavaris Jackson or we might have been talking about drafting a backup QB this year. God knows how he watched the games from his living room while Fitz turned the team into a school bus fire week after week. Talk about a total lack of respect for a man who knew how to win games for a franchise that at the time didn't have everything together. I'd have been livid.

Left with the options we have, we're surely going to reach for someone to be our franchise quarterback. Glennon appeals to me as does Wilson. We may end up with Nassib and I don't have any problem with that. Barkley is too inaccurate and he had the confidence knocked out of him this season. If only Aaron Murray had declared for the NFL. Geno Smith looks more like Ryan Leaf than Peyton Manning to me. He scares me.