Senior bowl aftermath: What QB do you want to draft now?

NFL draft QB  

299 members have voted

1. 1. What QB do you want to draft?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Landry jones dropped big time for me. Perhaps in the 5th round or later for him. I don't like any of them in the first but Manuel had a decent game. Tyler Wilson reminded me of Capt. Checkdown. Glennon has some talent but he will need one or more years of development, lots of similarity to Flacco. Nassib and Dysert are mid round picks they don't belong in the top two rounds or even the Third round.

I'm with BB on Bray, just like Jay Cutler / Matthew Stafford with that arm. The Bills QB needs that big arm to cut thru the crazy winds at RWS

http://www.sbnation....scouting-report

Good scouting report but I totally disagree about his release as all the games I saw it was quick not slow, and his throwing motion doesn't need cleaning up, any QB coach that trys to change his technique needs a beat down. That would be like saying Kaepernick needs to change his motion because he throws like a pitcher. These guys need leave what is good alone and focus on the real flaws.

Nice vid shows some flaws but the talent is undeniable. I also like this vid where he takes down Glennon and NC ST;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV_QB_IcElU

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

You can't count on always having a strong O-line. Even if you have one, someone will be banged up and pressure will come, and then what? Glennon will panic and get sacked like he does now. If there is one QB I am absolutely sure I don't want, it'd be him. Well, and probably Landy Jones.

Tyler Wilson still seems pretty good to me. Tough and pretty solidly built (I think Glennon might break if he got sacked by an NFL player). He underthrew the deep ball in Senior Bowl but at least he tried it and it was one throw. If he has just a little stronger arm than Fitz, and is just a little more accurate than Fitz, I'd take him failrly early.

Of the other senior bowl guys, Nassib or Manuel may be worth a 2nd day pick... and Dysert maybe on 3rd day; he DID look decent on that final TD drive in 2 minute drill.

Edited by Brainiac21

The week of practice is far more important to scouts... B-)

Most of the scouts leave on Thursday after the last day of real practice and pay no attention to the game at all.

The game played no difference in who I want/wanted.

I didnt bother to watch the practices, but I did read report about them. It sounded like Glennon had the best week, with Nassib and Wilson also doing pretty well too. The guy whose aritcles I read said Nassib was a close second to Glennon being the best. Dyzert he said struggle to throw accurately, likely because fo small hands. No one else was very impressive.

I still like Nassib as our guy, then Glennon

After watching Nassab I hope Buffalo doesn't reach for him just because they hired his coach. Nassab is a 4th rounder, anything before the 4th and they will be reaching. Nassab looks like he will be a back up QB in the NFL. I don't see him as a starter. He reminds me of Ryan Fitztrajic. Could be his clone.

Edited by thebambino

Good scouting report but I totally disagree about his release as all the games I saw it was quick not slow, and his throwing motion doesn't need cleaning up, any QB coach that trys to change his technique needs a beat down. That would be like saying Kaepernick needs to change his motion because he throws like a pitcher. These guys need leave what is good alone and focus on the real flaws.

Nice vid shows some flaws but the talent is undeniable. I also like this vid where he takes down Glennon and NC ST;

My take with Bray is, his arm is so strong he doesn't always focus on his footwork, as he doesn't always step into his throws. Which would help his accuracy if he did more often. He does hold the ball low and throws sidearm a lot. If you watch Peyton Manning he keeps the ball up by his shoulder, and only needs to bring the ball back behind his ear to rooster, throw, resulting in a much much faster release. One that isn't telegraphed to the defense, as split seconds count in the pro's. He reminds me of Byron Leftwich who also held the ball low, and had a long windup.

What Matthew Fairburn is stating, is that it shouldn't be that difficult to correct Bray's footwork, and ball skills, as he already does always hold the ball with 2 hands. Just bring it up high as soon as he gets it, and accuracy along with release should improve greatly. This really is a huge deal because he is so immobile. JMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR6PLxVWFTw

On another note, just think if he gets some receivers that can actually catch most of his throws.

Edited by FeartheLosing

I think this is where Big Doug has a leg up. He had Nassib, and played against both Barkley and Geno Smith last year.

:thumbsup:

Still think Geno's accuracy, arm, and very high TD-INT ratio, plus playing in WV all fall make him a great candidate for Buffalo. I would open up a training camp competition with him and Fitz or another veteran, and unless he forces the issue, I would let him sit and learn the game. But I don't think he'll be there for us to make that decision.

Intrigued by Tyler Wilson and Zac Dysert, not sold on many of the other candidates; would be OK with Nassib in round 2 and furious with him in round 1. I hate the optics of rebuilding the Syracuse program in Buffalo, though. It's getting a little too close to Gailey and his Georgia Tech buddies, and really, only the Pettine hiring is keeping me from being more discouraged with Marrone so far.

Very WELL said ! :thumbsup::beer: