Senior bowl aftermath: What QB do you want to draft now?

NFL draft QB  

299 members have voted

1. 1. What QB do you want to draft?

I don't know enough about any of them to have an intelligent opinion. I liked Manuel in the one game of his that I watched. I was not impressed with Glennon in the one game of his that I watched.

The scouts put countless hours into scouting these guys. I just hope they identify one of two of these guys as potential studs and pull the trigger this year.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It strikes me that we realistically need two quarterbacks, not one. Thigpen is 90 years old and shows no sign of returning to the skill level he had in his prime, which lasted for about two weeks. We totally mismanaged Tavaris Jackson or we might have been talking about drafting a backup QB this year. God knows how he watched the games from his living room while Fitz turned the team into a school bus fire week after week. Talk about a total lack of respect for a man who knew how to win games for a franchise that at the time didn't have everything together. I'd have been livid.

Left with the options we have, we're surely going to reach for someone to be our franchise quarterback. Glennon appeals to me as does Wilson. We may end up with Nassib and I don't have any problem with that. Barkley is too inaccurate and he had the confidence knocked out of him this season. If only Aaron Murray had declared for the NFL. Geno Smith looks more like Ryan Leaf than Peyton Manning to me. He scares me.

Why?

Ryan Leaf was a 2+ year starter at Washington State, and in his best season his best completion % was 55.4. He had 34 TDs to 11 INTs in his best season.

Geno Smith started for most of 3 seasons at WVU, and his completion % improved from 64.8, to 65.8, to 71.2%. He had 42TDs to 6 INTs this season.

Please substantiate your feelings. I am not discounting your opinion, but I'd like to understand it.

Why?

Ryan Leaf was a 2+ year starter at Washington State, and in his best season his best completion % was 55.4. He had 34 TDs to 11 INTs in his best season.

Geno Smith started for most of 3 seasons at WVU, and his completion % improved from 64.8, to 65.8, to 71.2%. He had 42TDs to 6 INTs this season.

Please substantiate your feelings. I am not discounting your opinion, but I'd like to understand it.

Big 12 defenses are abysmal, maybe more than Big East defenses. Saying he's Ryan Leaf is an exaggeration, I admit, but I worry he'll flame out in the NFL. Just a feeling. Some of his bad games were really bad. I'm probably overreacting.

I'm surprised anyone would want Glennon. I live in Charlotte NC with a lot of NC State grads and they can't believe he's being considered as one of the top QB's. They say he can throw the ball 75 yds, but chooses to throw it 5 yards all game long. To me his skill set doesn't even compare to Zac Dysert's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QXPb3WoNvI

I'm watching Glennon in these clips and see a quarterback that makes bad decisions when he's under pressure, which appears to be constantly. I wonder what he might have done with a real offensive line. He does look like Trent Edwards here but he rarely gets the protection he needs. He makes the wrong reads sometimes as well. He's a project, no doubt, but no more so than any other quarterback in this draft.

I don't know enough about any of them to have an intelligent opinion. I liked Manuel in the one game of his that I watched. I was not impressed with Glennon in the one game of his that I watched.

The scouts put countless hours into scouting these guys. I just hope they identify one of two of these guys as potential studs and pull the trigger this year.

You can find condensed versions of games of these college QBs on youtube. The entire games worth of passes in 7-10 minutes. So now more so than ever, fans can have much more informed opinions based on all the throws and not just the highlight videos.

I'd take Nassib *IF* he falls to us in round 2. But I have a feeling there will be an unexpected run on QB's in round 1 even though they are not projected to be taken that high. It's the most important position on the field so the teams that need one are going to reach for one with their first pick

I want Geno Smith first...But I realize that is a long, long-shot...After Geno I like Wilson and Nassib about equally...If we're talking about more of a developmental-type I like EJ Manual or Dysert...But it's still REAL early in the process... B-)

I want Geno Smith first...But I realize that is a long, long-shot...After Geno I like Wilson and Nassib about equally...If we're talking about more of a developmental-type I like EJ Manual or Dysert...But it's still REAL early in the process... B-)

I think EJ Manuel looks much more like a NFL QB than either Wilson or Nassib who both look like products of college "dink and dunk" system QBs. I normally don't like posting highlight videos, but just look at Manuel in 2011 and see the footwork and comfort level in and out of the pocket. Plus his throwing motion looks much better than Wilson's and Nassib's.

I don't think we should go the rookie route at all... I think we should try for Skelton! :nana:

On a serious note:

I'm firmly in the Matt Barkley camp. His junior year was absolutely amazing. He has good numbers for td:int ratio, completion %, and ypa. The teams he played on also weren't the typical USC "better talent than anyone else" squads.

I'd take Skelton over the nubes on our team.

Next time consider listing your choices alphabetically rather than slanting them.

Slanting them? It seem as Nassib has the most votes even though he is at the bottom.

I just went off of Drafttek rankings except Jones first.

I don't know enough about them yet, either. However, I've been a fan, based on what I have seen, of Glennon, Wilson, Bray, Dysert, Smith, Manuel, Nassib, and Jones. If we end up with any of them I'd be fine with it. I do agree, though, that since we've neglected the position for so long we need to bring in 2 new QB's a year until we find one who has the "it" factor, to be our franchise QB.

I'd be happy if we came out of this draft with 2 QB's, 3 LB'ers, 1 C, 1 WR, and a CB.

Edited by KeisterHollow

Yep but Geno is no star so it really doesn't matter, this QB draft is depressing Wish Tannehill came out this year.

I love how people actual like draft things are stone facts. Smith's stats blow Tannehill's out of the water. Now I know RT did put up an amazing 12 td to 13 ints season, but Smith was a much, much better college QB.

I'd take Skelton over the nubes on our team.

Slanting them? It seem as Nassib has the most votes even though he is at the bottom.

I just went off of Drafttek rankings except Jones first.

You went off the rankings...except jones 1st. Why not just go off the rankings? Because you slanted it.