Senior bowl aftermath: What QB do you want to draft now?

NFL draft QB  

299 members have voted

1. 1. What QB do you want to draft?

You missed the point. There was a series of incidents and one very serious off field incident regarding women that jeopardized his career and his freedom. The league severely punished him. My point was if you know that there is a question of maturity in advance then why take the risk when there are other comparable or better prospects. If you disagree with that position then that is fine.

Bray doesn't have those off field problems, just a big ego which is common with blue chip players. He is Dan Marino with out the game. hopefully in a few years he figures it out, if not just keep drafting.

in 2014 I like AJ McCarron, Manziel, Blake Bortles and Casey Pachall.

I would trade Mario for a 1 st and 2 nd round pick in 2014 to get a franchise QB then. Less salary cap without him and Fitz , start over.

I think you were supposed to post on my Skelton thread :D

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bray doesn't have those off field problems, just a big ego which is common with blue chip players. He is Dan Marino with out the game. hopefully in a few years he figures it out, if not just keep drafting.

in 2014 I like AJ McCarron, Maziel, Blake Bortles and Casey Pachall.

I think you were supposed to post on my Skelton thread :D

I didn't say Bray had off field issues but I did say he had maturity issues, as you noted. When evaluating prospects, especially at the qb position, maturity is a factor in the evaluation.

The problem with waiting for another year to secure your qb prospect is that even if you like a future prospect you might not be in position to secure that particular prospect. I believe that there are good qb prospects in this year's draft. There comes a point where the organization has to take a decisive actiion to secure the franchise qb. From everything I have read and heard I get the impression that the organization is determined to do it in this year's draft. As you noted if the qb selected doesn't work out then try again the following year. That's certainly not what has happened during Nix's GM tenure.

Edited by JohnC

I didn't say Bray had off field issues but I did say he had maturity issues, as you noted. When evaluating prospects, especially at the qb position, maturity is a factor in the evaluation.

The problem with waiting for another year to secure your qb prospect is that even if you like a future prospect you might not be in position to secure that particular prospect. I believe that there are good qb prospects in this year's draft. There comes a point where the organization has to take a decisive actiion to secure the franchise qb. From everything I have read and heard I get the impression that the organization is determined to do it in this year's draft. As you noted if the qb selected doesn't work out then try again the following year. That's certainly not what has happened during Nix's GM tenure.

my point is, is there are no great QB prospects this year.

Nix has dropped the ball but going all out on one now is a mistake. Hopefully we get Alex Smith and some one to develop.

I'm surprised anyone would want Glennon. I live in Charlotte NC with a lot of NC State grads and they can't believe he's being considered as one of the top QB's. They say he can throw the ball 75 yds, but chooses to throw it 5 yards all game long. To me his skill set doesn't even compare to Zac Dysert's.

The game you linked is one against a far superior team that he beat on a late 4th quarter drive. He there's a lot of short stuff in that game, but I like how he surveys his options even when under pressure. I've seen other games where he airs it out quite a bit.

What are your thoughts on Murray, Boyd, & Bridgewater?

The game you linked is one against a far superior team that he beat on a late 4th quarter drive. He there's a lot of short stuff in that game, but I like how he surveys his options even when under pressure. I've seen other games where he airs it out quite a bit.

Murray is just another guy.

Boyd played horrible in the games I saw except the bowl game, too much of a runner though which is all the rage now but I think it wont last over the long haul.

Only saw Bridgewater once so hard for me to say.

Not that you asked...But I think McCarron, Bridgewater and Manziel would be the top 3 QB's in the 2013 Draft...Just my opinion from what I've seen...But I like all three of those kids more than Geno Smith...And I like Geno Smith... B-)

I'm surprised anyone would want Glennon. I live in Charlotte NC with a lot of NC State grads and they can't believe he's being considered as one of the top QB's. They say he can throw the ball 75 yds, but chooses to throw it 5 yards all game long. To me his skill set doesn't even compare to Zac Dysert's.

The kid has a good arm, but he did seem to be the second coming of captain checkdown. Even when he had a guy open at the sticks he would dump it off.

Only one clip, but I guess that is what makes this draft such a crap shoot at QB.

I know Gino had a rough outing his last game, but going through his other games this year I just like his athleticism in the pocket and outside of the pocket. I like the way he keeps his eyes downfield and goes through his progressions, and he has one heck of an arm on him. He has that element of escapability and extending plays. There is a bit of that gun-slinger mentality to the kid, but with the right coaching and system???

I would not be too upset if the Bills went that direction at #8.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/college-football/story/_/id/8849887/usc-trojans-scuffle-following-bowl-defeat-sources-say

Multiple sources told ESPN that a "flat-out brawl" transpired when one of the team's younger players began "bad-mouthing
." The player questioned why the injured quarterback did not play and challenged USC's collective senior leadership in the room.

I'd love to have Geno Smith in a Bills Uni, but if he is gone, or the new collective brain trust passes on him, then the 2nd choice for me is Tyler Wilson. Wilson, IMO has all the physical tools, maturity and experience to come in and play well relatively soon. He faced top level competition while under center @ Arkansas, put up very good numbers, displayed nice touch and accuracy on deep routes & has displayed toughness and battled through injury and adversity.

Murray is just another guy.

Boyd played horrible in the games I saw except the bowl game, too much of a runner though which is all the rage now but I think it wont last over the long haul.

Only saw Bridgewater once so hard for me to say.

I like all three more than this years prospects. I love Bridgewater. He looks legit to me. Pocket passer first. Runner 2nd. He has a great arm, nice touch and rare mobility. I haven't broken down games to see how he reads the defenses, but he seems to make sound decisions.

I think Murray would've been the 1st QB taken this year and I love Boyd's toughness and resilience. Sucks that both stayed in school.

Slanting them? It seem as Nassib has the most votes even though he is at the bottom.

I just went off of Drafttek rankings except Jones first.

Yes, slanting them. You put your guy first, then you used some other guys' list for the rest. Thank goodness people aren't falling in line behind you on the Jones express.

I picked one (Nassib) to see the results frankly, but I am not really sold on any of them quite yet. The senior bowl should be interesting. Generally, I think there are several on this list with good potential, all seem to have flaws. Going to be a tough decision for OBD. Nassib seems obvious given the connections, but maybe too obvious.

I posted some information here about QB comparison. (Just fixed the uneven columns)

It shows Geno Smith's consistency, EJ Manuel's incredible yards per attempt, and McCarron's TD:INT ratio. Landry is your dink and dunker who profited from a good line; Bray was a very good player on a bad team. Nassib knows Marrone's system.

Edited by Astrobot

I picked Glennon but I'm leaning more towards Barkley. He seems to have the best chance of succeeding; or put another way, the least chance of busting. The biggest knock on him is arm strength & I've seen him complete a pass that traveled roughly 60 yds in the air, so I'm thinking the arm is good enough. He's the only one I'd be okay with at 8.

I posted some information here about QB comparison.

It shows Geno Smith's consistency, EJ Manuel's incredible yards per attempt, and McCarron's TD:INT ratio. Landry is your dink and dunker who profited from a good line; Bray was a very good player on a bad team. Nassib knows Marrone's system.

Landry Jones in the 2nd please. In the video I have seen, he is the only qb making multiple reads, regularly looking off db's, and pump faking. The rest of the QB's in the draft are first read or run all day. Jones is the safest bet of them all. He is the most accurate of them all regardless of numbers, quick release, nice footwork, and an arm to make all of the throws. My pick all day

I watched Nassib and he didn't impress me at all. I could live with Barkley, Smith, Jones, or Wilson. Didn't watch enough of Glennon to make a judgement. Just play the rookie. If they take a guy in the 2nd without playing him and at least seeing what they've got I think they're taking a QB again next year if picking around the same spot. I don't think that a QB will be taken in this years draft before the Bills pick. I'd rather the Bills reach for the top rated QB in rd 1 than reach for a guy like Nassib in rd 2.

Landry Jones in the 2nd please. In the video I have seen, he is the only qb making multiple reads, regularly looking off db's, and pump faking. The rest of the QB's in the draft are first read or run all day. Jones is the safest bet of them all. He is the most accurate of them all regardless of numbers, quick release, nice footwork, and an arm to make all of the throws. My pick all day

And looks like Bambi with a bear in her face when the pressure comes. Too bad he doesn't move like Bambi. He's meat

I didn't slant them and don't care what you think.

You took a ranking of all the QBs and then put your boy on top. Sure, no one has to vote for Landry because he's on top, but if its possible to "slant" a poll, you did it.