Bills need to sign James Harrison

I think he had decent numbers, but just noticed a drop off when he wasn't playing with the style he had been his entire life before a barrage of penalties the last couple years. I definitely wouldn't have a problem if they were able to go and get him, but I don't know if he'd be worth the money / trouble (penalties vs. tackling ability)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is he a thug? Does he sell drugs? Is he in a gang? Does he break the law? What classifies him as a thug? If you mean he plays defense with a mean streak the way defensive players should play football than yeah sign me up for 11 players who have the tenacity of James Harrison, but I suggest learning what a "thug" actually is before spouting off that nonsense

id guess the fact that he kind of portrays himself as totally hard and from the streets is probably a big part of the image. you know, the fact that he feeds the image with his interviews, the assualt charge he has, the pitt bull incidents(im not a hater of the breed, but it feeds the image), etc....

hes had a long history - he was a small school player because he was a disaster in high school his senior year started with a 2 game suspension for trying to fight a coach, then he got ejected from his first game back and suspended for taunting the other team and fans after his 3rd carry, and then lost his scholarship interest at the major schools when he shot a bb gun at a defensive coach in the locker room.

heck, jokingly his nickname is deebo like the "thug" in the friday movie series

thug is often misused with black athletes that have any hiccup, but JH has had his share of actually trying to glorify or portray or embrace the image in his time.

Edited by NoSaint

Have you seen him play in our new defense yet?

No, I base it strictly on the last 2 defenses. Both of which had him on the depth chart, I'll give him that. There is being an optimist and then a Bills fan I guess.

I think he had decent numbers, but just noticed a drop off when he wasn't playing with the style he had been his entire life before a barrage of penalties the last couple years. I definitely wouldn't have a problem if they were able to go and get him, but I don't know if he'd be worth the money / trouble (penalties vs. tackling ability)

Actually, given the fact that he spent the first part of his career (2002-2006) on and off the Practice Squad, on the bench, and even in NFLEurope, it would seem his only "good" days were when he was able to cheapshot people with dirty hits.

He will go to the Pats and be all pro. That's their MO.

This use to be true, but the Pats have also missed on some aging vets lately. Now it is usually guys who have a bad attitude and are aging. Is Harrison one of those? I do not know for sure.

Chad Johnson and Haynesworth come to mind pretty quick.

how is he a thug? Does he sell drugs? Is he in a gang? Does he break the law? What classifies him as a thug? If you mean he plays defense with a mean streak the way defensive players should play football than yeah sign me up for 11 players who have the tenacity of James Harrison, but I suggest learning what a "thug" actually is before spouting off that nonsense

Nonsense? So he beats women, has no respect for authority, consistently breaks rules and has been fined/suspended for dirty hits to the head .... and you don't classify him as a thug. Okay. Got it.

One thing that past successful Bills teams did was sprinkle some vets from winning programs into the roster. Phil Vilapiano, Art Stills, Jim Jeffcoat, Conrad Dobler come to mind. I'm sure that there are others that I'm forgetting. Those players did help young teams learn how to win. Signing a vet to a 3 or 4 year contract so that he can bring presence to the lockerroom is important with this team.

When Tashard Choice and Corey Mac are your leaders then you've got a problem because they aren't on the field at crunch time.

I live in the burgh, and I know of no off field incidences involving Harrison, I have however heard of many humanatarian acts

involving him. Don't judge a book by it's cover, he very well may not be the nicest person you would cross pass with, but

he certainly isn't the devil people make him out to be. Oh, and he is still one helluva a LB, just nasty!!!

Edited by Tu-Toned

This use to be true, but the Pats have also missed on some aging vets lately. Now it is usually guys who have a bad attitude and are aging. Is Harrison one of those? I do not know for sure.

Chad Johnson and Haynesworth come to mind pretty quick.

You're right on. You can add Adalius Thomas to the list too. He was overpriced and underperformed for them. Pats seem to have success unearthing nobody's instead of established "stars."

I'm tired of dining out of other people's trash cans. Time to start developing our own talent.

to a very large degree this is correct Dr. but we need lots of help and it's available. Can't win in today's NFL thinking draft only. It has to be the backbone, but you gotta sprinkle in FAs.

Nonsense? So he beats women, has no respect for authority, consistently breaks rules and has been fined/suspended for dirty hits to the head .... and you don't classify him as a thug. Okay. Got it.

You made a blanket statement without supplying that info. As I tend not to follow the personal lives of NFL players I did not know he beats women but yeah that alone would classify him as a thug. The Hits to the head thing I look at as it's football.

O so his backup is better? Got it

Didn't say that. You said why would the steelers want to get rid of him I said to get younger. Worlids is a young improving player though whos worthy of more playing time and Harrison is 35.

to a very large degree this is correct Dr. but we need lots of help and it's available. Can't win in today's NFL thinking draft only. It has to be the backbone, but you gotta sprinkle in FAs.

The Packers may disagree with you

Didn't say that. You said why would the steelers want to get rid of him I said to get younger. Worlids is a young improving player though whos worthy of more playing time and Harrison is 35.

If Harrison was still worth playing even for a year, you better beleive he would be. The window for winning in the NFL is too short to let good players go to "develop" someone