If you could cherry pick any 2 NFL players.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bingo. Two offensive guys that change the equation - both command doubles and the TE gives run/pass flexibility. Suddenly you are playing 11-9 and still have spiller Stevie and another skill player (I'd be half tempted to argue an extra lineman with the numbers game so stacked.

A MLB doesn't change the equation even though its a huge weakness. Pass rusher, lockdown corner or playmaker that commands a double team- hopefully with everyone healthy out pass rush suffices. I say go offense.

Who's jj replace?

Or ware?

Does it matter they're both better than what we have, IMO. I'd line Ware up in his standard blind side position. If its JJ he'd play the LDE & I'd move Mario to the blind side.

Does it matter they're both better than what we have, IMO. I'd line Ware up in his standard blind side position. If its JJ he'd play the LDE & I'd move Mario to the blind side.

Everyone says them but no ones put a position. Both those guys are in a 34 front currently so I was curious how people are picturing them in this - would watt replace dareus at 43dt, or Anderson at 43 de or would it be carrington in a 34 end for instance? Big differences.

Everyone says them but no ones put a position. Both those guys are in a 34 front currently so I was curious how people are picturing them in this - would watt replace dareus at 43dt, or Anderson at 43 de or would it be carrington in a 34 end for instance? Big differences.

Agreed but that would be a nice problem to have...btw I give Dareus a mulligan due to the circumstance & the sophomore jinks. Watch out for him 2013, he needs to drops some pounds and play between 305-310 (he looked considerably heavier this season) to be effective. Obviously the new DC scheme will play a factor tho...

And put them on the Bills who would they be? This is gift no payment from the Bills required.

NO QB's. Names too predicable. I am interested in other positions. Currently active players only please.

Clay matthews GB

Vince wilfork NE

Calvin Johnson & Aaron Rodgers. Discount Double Check!

Imagine Calvin Johnson and A.J. Green on the Bills, with Stevie in the slot. I would easily substitute Gronkowski for Green, as others have said.

That would be amazing, unless Fitz was still the QB then it wouldn't change much from what we already have.

Both great answers. Megatron for sure. And the D player is a toss up between those two.

Patrick Willis is obvious but where do you see aldon? Do you swap to a 34 and possibly end up with Mario and aldon at the same position? Or does Mario go to 34 end and play the smith role?

Edited by NoSaint

Revis and Willis. A lot of talent on the defense already, this would make it an elite unit. Gilmore and Revis would be as good as it gets in the league and Willis would be a leader on the defense. IF we just have a servicable offense, we would be a playoff team. I also picked Calvin Johnson but receivers don't win you championships.

Patrick Willis is obvious but where do you see aldon? Do you swap to a 34 and possibly end up with Mario and aldon at the same position? Or does Mario go to 34 end and play the smith role?

I wasnt thinking about any scheme or actual use. Just going on talent and potential. Leave it up to a pro DC to figure out how to use it all ;)

If I had to pick players that would best fit the team right now, then Id pick an OLB over Willis or Smith. Although Aldon Smith is technically listed as OLB due to the 34. All of the pro bowl voting for OLB has them as Rush 34 OLBs.

I know Ive asked this before, but who are the star 43 OLBs?

I wasnt thinking about any scheme or actual use. Just going on talent and potential. Leave it up to a pro DC to figure out how to use it all ;)

If I had to pick players that would best fit the team right now, then Id pick an OLB over Willis or Smith. Although Aldon Smith is technically listed as OLB due to the 34. All of the pro bowl voting for OLB has them as Rush 34 OLBs.

I know Ive asked this before, but who are the star 43 OLBs?

Lance Briggs is the only one I can think of. and I do hate how rigid coaches are. Adjust to your scheme to fit your talent and not the other way around. IMO, that is the true sign of a great coach.

From December 16, 2012:

The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity:

• “I don’t know how badly (49ers LB Patrick) Willis is injured, but he’s not playing with the same passion and fire that he did earlier in his career. When he knows he is blocked, which is happening a lot more often than it did in the past, he is not getting to the ball. Teams are doing a better job scheming, too, and making sure they are getting a body on him. (Fellow Niners ILB) NaVorro Bowman has been much more impactful this year.”

http://www.profootba...ion-in-his-play

Compare Willis to Poz in 2012. There ain't much difference in productivity:

http://espn.go.com/n.../paul-posluszny

http://espn.go.com/n.../patrick-willis

They had the same number of tackles for loss and forced fumbles. Poz had one more INT and Willis had two more passes defensed. Poz had 18 more tackles and 19 more total tackles (combined tackles and assists).

Fwiw, Bowman had a lot more tackles than Willis this season: http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13262/navorro-bowman

Jason Pierre Paul, Rob Gronkowski

JPP had a pretty down year in 2012: http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13256/jason-pierre-paul

Edited by dave mcbride

Patrick Willis and Adrian Peterson....we obviously don't need a RB, but he is so unbelievably dominant.

If going by team needs (minus QB), I'd go Patrick Wiilis and AJ Green

The bills actually loved Willis and Peterson the year they were drafted, but unfortunetely the Bills were better than the Vikings and 49ers the previous season. Peterson went 4 picks before the Bills pick and the 49ers drafted Willis the pick before us. The Bills are frequentely bad, but never bad enough.

The bills actually loved Willis and Peterson the year they were drafted, but unfortunetely the Bills were better than the Vikings and 49ers the previous season. Peterson went 4 picks before the Bills pick and the 49ers drafted Willis the pick before us. The Bills are frequentely bad, but never bad enough.

True. The Bills wanted both. They did end up with Lynch, who has turned out to be one of the better players in the entire NFL.