What should the Bills do at #8?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quarterback is the one position that HAS to be changed here.

However, as it has been debated over and over, the 8th spot might not be the best position to select this years QB.

So...........you make your coaching/administrative decision, and if your league sources indicate that the QB that you want will still be there in the second, you grab the best defensiveimpact player that you can in the first (as the OP suggests) and your QB in the second.

If you have any doubt that your QB won't be there, then you reach and take him in the first.

But the QB cannot still be Fitz.........there has to be a new starter.

A QB change is mandatory. Brandon team president and marketing extraordinaire knows this.

Unless he's comfortable losing ST holders at a even bigger rate. he needs to direct the GM to grab a FA, trade, or draft a new QB.

Funny ESPN reports that behind Flaco who isn't going anywhere. T. Jackson is the #2 rated QB free agent. lol,

Can't see a lot of fan interest with Fitz trying to toss the pigskin another year.

punt?

Typically I don't mind @ #1 - the "Best player available" option. #2 - "Fill a need" with so many ...... Or if it's a feasable option - get a decent QB.

Trade with Washington for Kirk Cousins?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I may be dreaming, but ideally i would love for us to do:

Rd1 - Def Player ( I could almost care less about what position although clearly LB is a large weakness for us)

Rd2 - Def Player/ WR ( BAP here, while i don't think our WR are the best group, i feel that they are under valued based entirely on the repeated poor throws from Fitz and i'm willing to get another Def player if someone good has slipped)

Trade back up into late second round and grab Zac Dysert from Miami Ohio. Biggest arm in the draft, very similar to big ben, although in some cases he stands in there way to long. Nassib just doesn't impress me honestly. Great he can throw short to medium passes, and he throws them hard, but his deep ball is terrible not just in his ability to get it there but the accuracy is just awful.

I feel like possible teams that would be willing to trade in this spot would include the Redskins, Bengals, Broncos, Packers, and Seahawks (who we seem to have a good relationship with)

punt?

Typically I don't mind @ #1 - the "Best player available" option. #2 - "Fill a need" with so many ...... Or if it's a feasable option - get a decent QB.

Trade Washington for Kirk Cousins?

Who is Washington?

The Bills need another pass rusher MUCH more than they need another !@#$ing 1st round corner. For any of you who bothered to watch the Bills games this season, you will have noticed that there was zero pass rush outside of Mario Williams on occasion. This draft is weak overall, but unusually strong with pass rushers. Here's 6 off the top of my head who may grade out as top 10 in a few months:

Jarvis Jones, Georgia

Barkevious Mingo, LSU

Sam Montgomery, LSU

Bjoern Werner, FSU

Damontre Moore, Texas A&M

Dion Jordan, Oregon

It's way past time for this franchise to move away from 1st rounders on DB's we don't bother to re-sign and go get some quality pass rushers.

I have no problem with a pass rusher. I mentioned corner because the jets invested heavily on corners.

Who is Washington?

Did you need me to explain that further? My bad

Trade anyone with Washington. More specifically

Trade FITZ to the Washington Redskins for Kirk Cousins. He has to be a better option than Rex Gross man.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The last thing I want to see is the Bills draft a QB of questionable ability at #8 just to appease the panty wad guild.

PTR

Agreed. I think the best thing to do is trade out so some team can get their final piece (like ATL did when they got Julio Jones). Then stockpile picks. Why? So our next GM has ammunition to rebuild with.

Agreed. I think the best thing to do is trade out so some team can get their final piece (like ATL did when they got Julio Jones). Then stockpile picks. Why? So our next GM has ammunition to rebuild with.

The team is picking in the top 10...why is it a good idea to pass on the opportunity to draft a top 10 talent?

Trading down is great if you're a playoff team that has no immediate pressing needs, but if you're a bottom-10, it results in passing on players like RG3, Julio Jones, etc.

Stay at 8 and pick an impact player. How badly do you think the Browns wish they'd have taken Julio as opposed to ending up with Weeden, Phil Taylor, and Josh Gordon?

How badly do you think the Rams wish they'd have stayed put and drafted RG3 instead of having to float with Sam Bradford and his $50M contract?

Lastly, what happens if you move down from 8, and the QB you wanted gets taken? 5 years from now, folks would be all over the front office for passing on a franchise QB.

Something I've been wondering lately is how it is a QB grades out as a late 1st round pick. I understand how it happens with LB's and DB's and linemen. You're considered really really good among thousands of your peers but there's a few guys who are a bit better.

QB is just so important, and you only have 1 on the field at a time. Don't teams see a guy on film and think "yah we can win with him" or "no we can't" or "meh, maybe"? In the latter two cases I don't see how they're 1st round picks. In the first case I don't see how they're not a top 10 pick at least.

I won't really be thrilled with a QB pick 8th because I don't see a guy I like that much. But I won't be the guy saying we should've traded down to 20th or whatever. Obviously Marrone has to have liked him a lot. He just better be right as his career as a HC likely depends on it.