Bills hire Jim O'neil

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that due to players or the actual DB coach and not the assistant? Or was it due to the Defensive coordinator? Head coach?

highly prioritizing it consistently?

revis is a top pick that worked

cromartie was an elite player they traded for

took a CB in the first again recently

made splashes at safety too

and yes, im sure coaching as well

I can't believe I'm getting excited about the Bills again. I hate myself! All they've done is take an early lead in the off-season hirings, and I'm already imagining an awesome team battling with the Pats for the AFC East.

This is your typical Bills off-season; much more exciting than the regular season. In fact, we're a regular in the off-season play-offs.

I hate the Jets but they always have a good defense. I love stealing their coaches.

I hate the Jets too. My only worry about stealing their defensive coaches is this: Is Rex Ryan really the one directing tthe defense and are we getting decision makers or order takers. We need our D-Coordinator to be a decision maker for the defense and we need someone whose done that successfully before.

This is your typical Bills off-season; much more exciting than the regular season. In fact, we're a regular in the off-season play-offs.

Except this year we are scoring hot young chicks instead of 60 year old ex-beauty queens.

PTR

I would hope a few of last years coaches are retained. thinking DeHaven, Metzlars maybe. A little organizational memory is a good thing, despite the performance failures of the past. The emotional urge to get rid of them all is best surpressed. I felt the same way when Kugler left to the Steelers. Or, go get Boobby April for special teams, again.

DeHaven's good but did you know Bobby April is back on the street with Reid having been canned in Philly?

The Bills have most of their staff hired before other teams have a coach or GM. Wow.

PTR

Oh. Don't worry. I am sure there will be enough folks who will complain that the Bills are not doing their due diligence and in a hurry to hire people who are unlikely to be hired by others..

I hate the Jets too. My only worry about stealing their defensive coaches is this: Is Rex Ryan really the one directing tthe defense and are we getting decision makers or order takers. We need our D-Coordinator to be a decision maker for the defense and we need someone whose done that successfully before.

If Petine was merely taking orders I don't think he'd of been so anxious to get out from under Ryan's shadow - and, then to come here, to a rival, so he can face off against his former boss - I think all that speaks to more of a matching of wits than a "yessir" attitude. I can't wait!

Dear God no.

i havent loved the special teams but... with a returner that was a serious pro bowl candidate, and killing it in the kick block department (including a game winner) i am a little surprised that the feelings are so polarized and not more in the realm of "hopefully we can upgrade a bit" instead of "kill me now if he returns"

I can't believe I'm getting excited about the Bills again. I hate myself! All they've done is take an early lead in the off-season hirings, and I'm already imagining an awesome team battling with the Pats for the AFC East.

Oh my goodness! It's great to be excited, but I think it's a bit premature considering they don't play a game that counts for another 8 months, haven't completed their coaching staff, haven't resigned Jairus Byrd and Andy Levitre yet, have serious flaws at QB, linebacker, cornerback, and the wide receiver positons, and haven't signed any free agents or drafted yet, nor found a viable replacement for Fitzpatrick. If the Bills keep Fitzpatrick as a starter I think their ceiling is about 8-8, but most likely 6 or 7 wins. In a year with many changes including a change of culture at One Bills Drive I think it's best to make sweeping changes now so the team can move forward in unison. That includes unloading baggage ie: Fitz, Thigpen, & the irrevelant Tavaris Jackson or whatever his name is in which our genius Buddy gave up a 4th round draft pick for despite the QB's inability to learn the playbook! Anyways, I'm happy we moved on from Gailey, but we have a very flawed roster and have a long way to go until we're playoff bound! I also have serious reservations about Buddy's ability to draft appropriately, which may not be consistent with what others feel? All I know is when we had the opportunity to take Russel Wilson in my little Draft War Room..I was ready to pounce and select him, the same goes with Colin Kaepernick as he was a no brainer in my mind, as well as Bryan Orakapo a few years back, that had to p-mee off more than any other non-pick when it occurred..when he was available I was excited, then mad as heck when they bypassed him! There are so many other examples..and even though I now like Spiller a lot I wouldn't have picked him quite honestly because there were higher needs and I still believe it wasn't the right pick as rb's shelf life is short and by the time the Bills (may) become relevant in the league again, he may very well be on the downside or out of the NFL. If Buddy would've taken a QB instead and built around him it is more likely by now we would've already been somewhat relative, and instead of rebuilding Chan Gailey might have been talking about how we just missed the playoffs at 9-7 with high expectations going into next year! So, in a league of mediocrity including its coaches I just don't understand the excitement at this juncture, but am happy that someone else can feel that way after a 6-10 season with deep positional concerns! :cry: