Is Mularkey a GMs worst Nightmare ? (update : Mularkey fired)

Dr. Trooth

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mularkey is the classic NFL coach that should always remain in the booth as a coordinator. I just get that vibe from him. Head coach does not seem to best suit his style and personality.

Why? He went 9-7 in his 1st year as a HC. His 2nd year Bills and 1st year Jags are teams short-on-talent. You can only do so much with those teams especially when there is such a big question mark at the QB position.

Why? He went 9-7 in his 1st year as a HC. His 2nd year Bills and 1st year Jags are teams short-on-talent. You can only do so much with those teams especially when there is such a big question mark at the QB position.

Well, i guess Caldwell agreed with my vibe.

Two years in Buffalo, one year in Jacksonville. Not exactly an upward trend for the guy.

And he's now 51, so he's not the "hot young coordinator" anymore and chances of him getting another NFL HC gig with his track record = slim to none.

Edited by BRH

Well, i guess Caldwell agreed with my vibe.

The GM that didn't want Tebow is gone.....and now the coach that didn't want Tebow has followed him out the door. I think Khan is getting his ducks in a row.

Who they hire as HC will be very interesting. Marc Trestman perhaps as HC or OC?

Makes you feel good about our organization. Have our Head Coach, our coordinators, Brandon is being proactive. Other teams (Jets) are still looking for a GM and coordinators, Cleveland, Eagles, etc. now looking for coaches (still)...meanwhile, our guys are evaluating talent already. Love it!!

Wow that is a waste fo money... I'm sure he will be hired somewhere as a QB coach or coordinator but still that is a lot of money to throw away. As if it is his fault the Jags are awful. I think he is overrated but he had nothing to work with there.

I know it won't happen but I would take him back as QB's coach.

@ByTimGraham

Buffalo native David Caldwell has fired Mike Mularkey as Jaguars head coach. "Remember when you quit on the Bills? Get out!" #MadeUpQuote

Buffalo boy tells Meat Head to hit the road!!!

I was thinking this yesterday...would really like to have heard the conversation. I seriously doubt the Bills were mentioned, but how hilarious would it be if Caldwell got some sort of dig in...

You've got to feel a little bit bad for Mike.

No you don't.

You've got to feel a little bit bad for Mike.

Nope. Never feel sorry for a quitter. Which is why I cringe when I look at Nick Saban, His Miami Dolphin players report to work one day, and find a note on the door that the coach quit the night before? A great college coach, for sure, but he will NEVER have my respect. Same with Mike M.

@ByTimGraham

Buffalo native David Caldwell has fired Mike Mularkey as Jaguars head coach. "Remember when you quit on the Bills? Get out!" #MadeUpQuote

Buffalo boy tells Meat Head to hit the road!!!

More recent than that, was their time in Atlanta...this is more current than his time in Buffalo. It must not have been that great... I see Lovie pegged there as next HC.