Is Mularkey a GMs worst Nightmare ? (update : Mularkey fired)

Dr. Trooth

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you've only had one job your entire life... And have never quit?

Oh please stop with that kind of reasoning. No, I've never quit a job where I convinced people to work because I WAS THE MAN. I've never quit a job that put hundreds of people working under me in career jeapardy (players, coaches, trainers, clerical). I've never quit a job that put the performance of our "team" in peril. Remember, Nick Saban quit DURING THE SEASON! I've never quit a job that directly hurt the weekly hopes of millions of people (Dolphin fans.). I think you get the idea. Your analagy is way wrong...

Oh please stop with that kind of reasoning. No, I've never quit a job where I convinced people to work because I WAS THE MAN. I've never quit a job that put hundreds of people working under me in career jeapardy (players, coaches, trainers, clerical). I've never quit a job that put the performance of our "team" in peril. Remember, Nick Saban quit DURING THE SEASON! I've never quit a job that directly hurt the weekly hopes of millions of people (Dolphin fans.). I think you get the idea. Your analagy is way wrong...

So... CEOs should never quit?

Just because he's a football coach, doesn't mean he has to stay at his job until he gets fired you know.

I actually do feel bad for him. He did get a bit of a bum rap in Buffalo. Remember his first year here, he had the Bills at 9-6 and on the precipice of the playoffs before losing the season finale to the Steelers. That game turned out to be one of the watershed moments in Buffalo football, as someone in the front office came to the conclusion that Bledsoe was done. However, rather than phase Drew out, they cut him and handed the keys to Losman. Little wonder the Bills went 5-11 that year, and TD and MM were both gone when the season ended.

So... CEOs should never quit?

Just because he's a football coach, doesn't mean he has to stay at his job until he gets fired you know.

we dont agree on much - but i agree on this one.

honestly we dont know at all what was going on in his life or behind the scenes. if its what needed to be done, more power to him for doing it.

it amazed me in the russ grimm thread that people were ranting because he declined to interview once and how if he was too good for it then, he should never be allowed to interview again. im sure that extends through to if he interviews and is offered hes required to take it, and hes never allowed to leave til we kick him out.

i get that its a dream life and dream job to most but unfortunately to these guys its REAL life and a REAL job. sometimes things just dont fit up the way you hoped and its not a spot you should be in.

Edited by NoSaint