Bills hire Doug Marrone to be Head Coach

sven233

Frankly, I don't know how anyone can not like the one week transformation from Ralph/Nix/Chan to Brandon/Whaley/Marrone. Granted it's not the perfect makeover, and we don't know for sure how long Nix will hang around, but this does NOT at all look like a Nix influenced hire. This looks like Whaley and Brandon. I'm excited about that aspect alone.

Agree completely, Dog.

Many of the pessimists here are the same ones who' been screaming for this right up 'till 2 weeks ago.

Best wishes, Coach Marrone!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not happy with this choice at all. This makes no sense to me. This is a college coach with very little success. Now instead of the Bills simply putting the pieces together and creating a winning team next year... I have a feeling we are in another three year rebuilding process. I may be wrong but this just doesnt seem to be in line with changing the culture at OBD. 25 wins and 25 losses at the college level... I hope I'm wrong though.

This is not a "college coach". Look at his resume. This is an NFL guy that went back to college to get some HC experience. His goal was to return to the NFL as a HC. I believe this will prove to be a solid hire.

Russ Brandon has just confirmed that we are going to suck until we get a new owner. Russ has been here since 97' and how have the Bills done since then. This guy needs to shown the door before this loser becomes coach.

Link?

I don't think he was talking about that staff.

The interview process might be more awkward than I first imagined. "How many assistants on your staff?" "Do you envision more people with experience working on your staff?" "Name some of the top candidates you're considering for your staff..." "Are you comfortable with bringing in people you're not familiar with to assemble your staff?"

I like this hire. Cause was a doodmat for years and he made them good. The bills are also a door mat sofhopefully he can turn us around too. Plus who else could better grade Nassib who I think theis number 1 or for 2 for best qb in the draft

The interview process might be more awkward than I first imagined. "How many assistants on your staff?" "Do you envision more people with experience working on your staff?" "Name some of the top candidates you're considering for your staff..." "Are you comfortable with bringing in people you're not familiar with to assemble your staff?"

I like this hire. Cause was a doodmat for years and he made them good. The bills are also a door mat sofhopefully he can turn us around too. Plus who else could better grade Nassib who I think theis number 1 or for 2 for best qb in the draft

All of this talk of "doodmats" and staffs is very confusing and making me feel uneasy... I think I need sensitivity training.

Alright I have gone through this entire thread and am now ready to comment.

Doug Marrone is one of the candidates I knew very little about. He's not an exciting hire, but he is a fresh face and appears to be nothing like Jauron or Gailey.

I understand why there is negativity from some fans here, but there would have been negativity if we had hired Lovie Smith or Chip Kelly.

I'm glad that the Bills took care of this coaching search as fast as they did.

What I am most interested in is what kind of coaching staff will Marrone bring in with him.

Like I said, he is not the most exciting choice, but I am willing to see what he can bring to the Bills.

I haven't read all the posts here... but many. I've also read the couple of articles about Marrone. I'm hesitant, as well, to comment much because I know little about him other than he seemed highly sought after by several teams. I still don't really get why though.

At this point, I see little to be excited about and little to justify him getting so much attention, let alone an NFL HC job. But, I agree, ultimately I think his success will depend upon what Coordinators we can bring in. Heaven forbid we get more Modkins type hires.

I also agree, all we can do is wait and see. But, I'm really getting tired of the "wait and see", lets rationalize marginal results as good, blah blah. It's been nearly a decade since our last winning season... let alone the playoffs. If we have to give this guy 3yrs to get his system in place and yada yada, I'm not sure I have that patience any more. And based on many of the posters here... I'm not alone.

[insert disclaimer about typing on a touchscreen device here]

I haven't read all the posts here... but many. I've also read the couple of articles about Marrone. I'm hesitant, as well, to comment much because I know little about him other than he seemed highly sought after by several teams. I still don't really get why though.

At this point, I see little to be excited about and little to justify him getting so much attention, let alone an NFL HC job. But, I agree, ultimately I think his success will depend upon what Coordinators we can bring in. Heaven forbid we get more Modkins type hires.

I also agree, all we can do is wait and see. But, I'm really getting tired of the "wait and see", lets rationalize marginal results as good, blah blah. It's been nearly a decade since our last winning season... let alone the playoffs. If we have to give this guy 3yrs to get his system in place and yada yada, I'm not sure I have that patience any more. And based on many of the posters here... I'm not alone.

That is the beauty of the hire. I don't beloeve he will be calling plays so we will get a real OC and DC and he will be a Marv Levy type overseer and real head coach. I thought the same of Horton but his 34 defense probably scared us.