Bills hire Doug Marrone to be Head Coach

sven233

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would require some draft day movement on our part...no way should we or anyone take him that high in the first round...and i don't know if he will last until 42 or 43...gonna be tricky...

If we draft Nassib, i'll feel a lot better about this.

We would have hated any coach. Lovie, Whis...retreads. Kelly...no NFL experience. Gotta say I'm stunned by Marrone.

So much so that you forgot to sign your post! And from the looks of it, several subsequent ones! I don't know what to think of the promotion of Russ Brandon, the hiring of Doug Marrone, or the fiscal cliff, but I expect there to be some normalcy in the world when I wake up on a Sunday morning. PTR, I don't know how to handle all of this change! PLEASE... (wheeping)... FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY... (sobbing)... SIGN YOUR POSTS!!!... (outright wailing)

Stop with the Lovie regret. The guy probably will never be the head coach of an NFL franchise again. Tampa-2 sucks. It's done as a viable defense in the league. It'd be like hiring Wannstedt all over again.

I would take Lovie as our DC

Well he didn't call plays as an Offensive Coordinator so I would guess he won't be calling plays as an Head Coach.. soo His TWO COORDINATOR HRIINGS will be the most important... I'm okay with it if he surounds himself with some young minds.

bill walsh loved trent edwards and bill cowher loved chan and now bill parcells loves marrone

if this new hc doesnt work out we are gonna have to stop listening to guys named bill

Lol! They don't call us the buffalo BILLs for nothing!

Edited by kdiggz

Anyone bringing up Marrone's collegiate record and using it against him is completely ignorant of how college football works. And claiming he was hired simply because he's from cuse and was familiar with Brandon is just as ignorant.

You probably shouldn't lie about someone when there is still proof that what you say is not the case.

Here is a post of mine from the Lovie thread.

No reason right? No evidence right? Keep lying.

Right. After you lied and said the guy had three winning seasons instead of five. Care to dredge up that fact? Explain why marrone sucks. I am concerned about the hire but I am not making claims without substantiation.

bill walsh loved trent edwards and bill cowher loved chan and now bill parcells loves marrone

if this new hc doesnt work out we are gonna have to stop listening to guys named bill

Don't forget that Jerry Jones regretted firing Chan Gailey after only one season. Amazing how people love to cling to hope and can't learn anything after getting kicked in the nuts for 13 straight years.

So last night is was reported that Cleveland couldn't decide between Marrone and Kelly and now Marrone's a backup. Reach much?

Ever heard of saving face? It became pretty clear pretty fast that Chip was going to Philly or staying at Oregon. He cancelled his meeting with the Browns to continue talking with Philly. Read between the lines. Nobody in their right mind would look at Marrone and Kelly and be like gee I wonder who we should pick hmm

I anted Lovie too, but this article makes some good points: http://sportsillustr...d/?sct=uk_wr_a1

Retreads tend not to replicate their success.

Ever heard of saving face? It became pretty clear pretty fast that Chip was going to Philly or staying at Oregon. He cancelled his meeting with the Browns to continue talking with Philly. Read between the lines. Nobody in their right mind would look at Marrone and Kelly and be like gee I wonder who we should pick hmm

When you say right mind, do you mean just half of it?

Edited by jeremy2020

It depends on who you mean by "they." My point is that it appears that Brandon, a non-football man, made the decision.

What give you that impression? From what I remember you posted that Brandon is from Syracuse and is on one of the boards there. You took a leap which is your right, but you shouln't assume that where someone grew up has anything to do with a coaching hire IMO.

all i saw was the insurance ad of a car careening down a highway, and some guy hanging on to the windshield. ...

jw

Huh, I saw a Home Depot ad.