Ray Lewis set to retire after this season

My favorite Fitz story (I don't have many) was the Ravens game when Lewis tackled Fitz and was lying there on top of him. Fitz was miked up his comment to lewis was "get off me *itch".

Do they teach that at Harvard?

This...who knows what happened that Superbowl night....

But his on-the-field mentality should be mimicked by everyone playing the game.

yup.

hearing him talk about his time with his sons today... also great. regardless of what happened then, he seems to be a pretty good man now.

This...who knows what happened that Superbowl night....

But his on-the-field mentality should be mimicked by everyone playing the game.

yup.

hearing him talk about his time with his sons today... also great. regardless of what happened then, he seems to be a pretty good man now.

Great player. Love his attitude and ferocity. Set the tone for many up and coming players. He will go down as one of the best LB's in NFL history.

One of the best ever at any position. He is universally loved in Baltimore, on and off the field; right up there with Cal Ripkin.

http://www.nfl.com/n...re-after-season

One of the NFL's best ever at his position. Definitely a 1st ballot HOF inductee.

Agreed. One of my favorite LB's to watch ever. Plays the game the way ot ought to be. Hopefully he gets one last shot at SB run, and knocks Brady out of the playoffs with a signature crushing hit in the divisional round.

TV analysis??? He should be coaching! How hard would you have to play on the field if you knew Ray Lewis was your coach... he's as much or more of an onfield coach than Peyton Manning is.

i think manning gets the game like no one else, but lewis gets football players much better. i would take lewis as a coach first. id bet manning, for all the accolades he gets would struggle with not overwhelming his team with content and complexities - especially with an average qb. manning is a great OC for manning, but i dont know that he would be for most others. lewis i think could do very well in the role though (i bet fletcher, an undersized hard worker who is given full authority to call plays would be another lb with a future in coaching if he wants).

Edited by NoSaint

He is one of my all time favorite players. If you really want to know the kind of man he has become, go watch A Football Life: Ray Lewis. Its an amazing episode and probably my favorite so far.

This is a man who lives his life to make a positive difference in everyone around him, and that's rare in todays society. He is the MAN among men and hope to see him get into coaching.