Doug Marrone will interview w/Bills

Punch

Saints led their division in points scored his last 2 seasons as OC in NO. Although their record was not great, scoring was not their problem. However, chan was also a great offensive mind and that does not always translate to victories. I would need a big time DC to be brought in for me to feel comfortable with this hire.

He coordinated that saints offense as much as Curtis modkins coordinated the bills offense this year. That is, hardly at all. That was all Payton.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious why is Marrone Bottom of the barrel to you?

Following Greg Robinson is like following Hank Bullough. I thought at the time 'Cuse was an underrated job because it's a good tradition with nowhere to go but up. Marrone getting interviews after a couple Pinstripe Bowls and losing to inferior teams this year pretty much confirms that. Oh and he also punts from the other team's 35.

Boy, Russ and his regionalization plan never ends. Smart marketing move to get people from Syracuse interested. Doubtful he would ever get hired as the Bills coach.

I like Doug and am pleased with how SU's season finished but I definitely don't want him coaching the Bills

I just love these exhaustive coaching and GM searches. It depends. Are we looking for someone to grow a franchise quarterback and then fire for someone who could actually take on and beat the Patriots? What assistant coaches will he be bringing in? The OC from Rutgers? The DC from Monmouth?

Right Wing Man. Part of the problem the bills have had is not only that the head coach was bad, but also the co ordinators and assistants have been bad. That's one of the reasons I'm all in on the Lovie band wagon. Lovie will be able to hire a real staff of men who know how things are done in the NFL. Lovie could bring in a DC like Rob Marinelli. You hire some college guy and you get college assistants or guys that can't get a job anywhere else. Imagine a staff of real assistants instead of the likes of Geroge Edwards, Turk Schonert, and Alex Van Pelt.

He could also drag some decent players with him.

Edited by reddogblitz

Bottom of the barrell coaching continues at OBD!!!! Amazing!!!

wow - talk about unfounded pessimism

Boy, Russ and his regionalization plan never ends. Smart marketing move to get people from Syracuse interested. Doubtful he would ever get hired as the Bills coach.

lots of overreaching opinions during this process - this post is a case in point. These are INTERVIEWS, people ...... and it's called following a process. Damn it, will people be happy if anyone other than Cowher/Gruden/Kelly/other flavor of the week gets interviewed?

Look, it's simple. All we need to do is hire a young, up-and-coming head coach with a couple of Super Bowl rings, a college national championship, no losing seasons ever, who developed a pro bowl QB but didn't have too good a QB that made him look smarter than he is.

Like I said, simple.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Look, it's simple. All we need to do is hire a young, up-and-coming head coach with a couple of Super Bowl rings, a college national championship, no losing seasons ever, who developed a pro bowl QB but didn't have too good a QB that made him look smarter than he is.

Like I said, simple.

PTR

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.musicteachershelper.com/blog/wp-content/images/4477.easy_.png&imgrefurl=http://www.musicteachershelper.com/blog/make-it-easy-then-practice-hard/&h=600&w=601&sz=215&tbnid=5J6BqilOapQn7M:&tbnh=90&tbnw=90&prev=/search%3Fq%3Deasy%2Bbutton%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=easy+button&usg=__lz5a-Wet6HdXa0LByYcHw2f5BuA=&docid=vOYkYw4oFjmBlM&sa=X&ei=winmUOqREKjE0AHCjYH4CQ&ved=0CFUQ9QEwAg&dur=38

Syracuse alum, New York NFL beat writer, NFL coaching scholar and author Gary Myers perdicts Marrone will be an NFL coach either this year or next- and would hate to see him leave his alma mater. "He's the first one to get the arrow point up" Myers said.

Ayy, these college coaches ain't that bad ahhhhh??? What's to lose at this point as it is? Marone, maybe this guy deserves a break, ahh?