Doug Marrone will interview w/Bills

Punch

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following Greg Robinson is like following Hank Bullough. I thought at the time 'Cuse was an underrated job because it's a good tradition with nowhere to go but up. Marrone getting interviews after a couple Pinstripe Bowls and losing to inferior teams this year pretty much confirms that. Oh and he also punts from the other team's 35.

Yeah, and demolishing L-Ville and shutting down the W.Va offense two years in a row is nothing. Also, unlike the Bills, Cuse ended the season on a tear.

Keep an open mind. No coach has been hired, no games have been lost. Once the new coach has been hired we can activate "B word mode".

+1

Look, it's simple. All we need to do is hire a young, up-and-coming head coach with a couple of Super Bowl rings, a college national championship, no losing seasons ever, who developed a pro bowl QB but didn't have too good a QB that made him look smarter than he is.

Like I said, simple.

PTR

I think you summed it up!!

@MaryKayCabot: Cleveland Browns have interviewed Penn State's Bill O'Brien, Syracuse's Doug Marrone, Plain Dealer has learned;

The Browns are on a mission.

Are we going to interview Bill O'Brien?! Seems like he'd be a good pick for a number of reasons, plus he knows the Pat's system!

Yeah, and demolishing L-Ville and shutting down the W.Va offense two years in a row is nothing. Also, unlike the Bills, Cuse ended the season on a tear.

Sorry, you don't get to bring up the lone bright spot from last year & brag about how he closes seasons when they lost their last umpteen games after the WVU game last yr.

Are we going to interview Bill O'Brien?! Seems like he'd be a good pick for a number of reasons, plus he knows the Pat's system!

According to SI, Penn State is putting pressure on him to remain and it appears to be working:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130103/bill-obrien-penn-state/index.html

i'm not too sure this interview is going to take place.

jw

ADD: and that's why Marrone's name has not been mentioned in any of my AP copy.

Is it that :

1. The Bills hire a HC before they interview Marrone;

2. Marrone accepts another HC gig before he meets with the Bills;

3. Either the Bills or Marrone isn't really interested in the other and cancels the interview; or

4. None of the above.

Yes. And he'll take the job, which is more than any rock star NFL name will do, since whoever takes the Bills job knows they get fired as soon as Ralph dies and new ownership takes over. I mean that could happen, like, next year for crying out loud. Think, people. Whoever takes the Bills gig is instantly a dead man walking.

Disagree completely. A signed 5-year contract with the Bills is as guaranteed as a signed 5-year contract with anyone else. If you have doubts, ask Chan Gailey, who will continue collecting Ralph's checks for quite some time (UNTIL HIS CONTRACT EXPIRES).