Chip Kelly HC! (possibly for the Browns)

13player

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just read that chip kelly will likely go to cleveland, also ray horton too. Why in the world does Cleveland land these guys and we cannot?? What do they offer that we dont have or cant have??

MONEY!!!

If the Bills have a high profile guy they like, they need to make him the highest paid coach in the league. They are not an attractive destination. They need to start paying well above market value for these guys if they want to play with the big boys, and make no mistake Cleveland is now one of the big boys.

MONEY!!!

If the Bills have a high profile guy they like, they need to make him the highest paid coach in the league. They are not an attractive destination. They need to start paying well above market value for these guys if they want to play with the big boys, and make no mistake Cleveland is now one of the big boys.

They also got a head start in the race as they reportedly starting talking to his agent at least a month ago.

Too lazy to read the rest of the thread, but anyone consider the potential ancillary benefits of hiring Kelly, namely since he's in the driver's seat he may require a promise that we'll (a) resign our own FA he likes (which would be Levitre and Byrd, who Kelly personally knows from coaching at Ore.) and (b) a commitment to spend $ in FA more generally? I was lukewarm on him until considering that....

I don't think Kelly absolutely needs a running QB to succeed.

Such a misnomer about the spread offense. There are so many variations to it. You can run the spread option or something like Ne/Houston/Indy did with Peyton. Where you're sending out wr's on routes to stretch out defenses then hit them with the running game. Relying more on the ability of your qb to make quick decisions with the ball accurately. Or you can run the spread option with a more mobile RG3 type qb.

Edited by Stealth

Too lazy to read the rest of the thread, but anyone consider the potential ancillary benefits of hiring Kelly, namely since he's in the driver's seat he may require a promise that we'll (a) resign our own FA he likes (which would be Levitre and Byrd, who Kelly personally knows from coaching at Ore.)

Levitre went to Oregon St.

just read that chip kelly will likely go to cleveland, also ray horton too. Why in the world does Cleveland land these guys and we cannot?? What do they offer that we dont have or cant have??

It's what they don't have: Buddy Nix.

Edited by mannc

Did the Milwaukee Series tarning the Packers' brand?

Dont get me wrong, I hate the Toronto game....but if you think a coach is turning down a job becuase one game is in Toronto, youre nuts.

are you kidding me? if you know your job is to WIN only having 7 home games is huge detriment. it's a farce and a fiasco and everyone in the NFL knows it. who the hell wants to sign up for a game that the players B word about and the crowd lines up against you?

that sure as hell never happened to the packers in Milwaukee and besides they haven't played there for 20 years!

it screams 2nd rate, and don't think every one of these coaches don't know that.