Chip Kelly HC! (possibly for the Browns)

13player

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that the Bills are meeting with Kelly tonight is a positive.

Rest assured that not everyone will see it that way between those who don't want to see him hired by the Bills and by those who feel the Bills will lose the "Kelly Sweepstakes."

Just my opinion...But I think this shows Kelly is pretty sharp...If he's really want to maximize his chances for success, it's wise to fully understand all his options...I'm not saying that Cleveland is not the best option with what they have planned...But it's not exactly crystal clear...The NFL does not give Head Coaches much time if they don't show real promise, no matter who they are...There's a lot at stake here for Kelly...He has his share of critics and he knows it...Why not hear what Philly and Buffalo have planned for him before he makes the biggest decision of his career so far?...It can't hurt... B-)

Just my opinion...But I think this shows Kelly is pretty sharp...If he's really want to maximize his chances for success, it's wise to fully understand all his options...I'm not saying that Cleveland is not the best option with what they have planned...But it's not exactly crystal clear...The NFL does not give Head Coaches much time if they don't show real promise, no matter who they are...There's a lot at stake here for Kelly...He has his share of critics and he knows it...Why not hear what Philly and Buffalo have planned for him before he makes the biggest decision of his career so far?...It can't hurt... B-)

Hope Russ & Company knock his socks off.

The Bills once changed the mind of another Kelly, maybe this time too.

Oregon coach Chip Kelly and the Cleveland Browns wrapped up seven hours of meetings Friday that were characterized as "very positive," though Kelly informed the Browns that he would proceed to interview with the Buffalo Bills and the Philadelphia Eagles, according to team and league sources.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8814457/sources-chip-kelly-oregon-ducks-meets-cleveland-browns-talk-buffalo-bills-philadelphia-eagles

Oregon coach Chip Kelly and the Cleveland Browns wrapped up seven hours of meetings Friday that were characterized as "very positive," though Kelly informed the Browns that he would proceed to interview with the Buffalo Bills and the Philadelphia Eagles, according to team and league sources.

http://espn.go.com/n...adelphia-eagles

If we read they called it a night and then agreed to speak again in the morning for a couple more hours, I will give the Bills a slight chance. If not, I think it's still over and that Kelly is just giving teams the courtesy as well as making the Browns pony up all he wants.

Text from the Bills:

The Buffalo Bills have formally interviewed Chip Kelly, Doug Marrone, and Lovie Smith

They're done already??

A.) I haven't gotten that text.

B.) They never send texts out this late.

C.) How the is that even possible?

Did you receive this or are you just hearing this?

Edited by BillsFanForever19

A.) I haven't gotten that text.

B.) They never send texts out this late.

Did you receive this or are you just hearing this?

I'm sorry--- it was a text sent via the Bills official iPhone app, not a regular text.

@buffalobills: The #Bills have formally interviewed Chip Kelly, Doug Marrone and Lovie Smith.

Ah, I see. Well, Chip spent 7 hours or so with Cleveland and about 20 minutes with us? That's not good.....

The timing on these meetings isn't entirely clear. We didn't hear word one about the Lovie and Marrone interviews until well after the fact, and the final 2 hours of the Browns meeting was dinner. It's entirely possible that by the time news broke of the Bills meeting with Kelly, it was already near completion. They very well could have met for a few hours considering it's now, what, 10pm in Arizona?

Having said that, I don't think it bodes well.

Edited by Punch

The timing on these meetings isn't entirely clear. We didn't hear word one about the Lovie and Marrone interviews until well after the fact, and the final 2 hours of the Browns meeting was dinner. It's entirely possible that by the time news broke of the Bills meeting with Kelly, it was already near completeion.

Having said that, I don't think it bodes well.

Well considering that people were already bellyaching in anticipation that we wouldn't even get to interview Kelly…