Chip Kelly HC! (possibly for the Browns)

13player

Well considering that people were already bellyaching in anticipation that we wouldn't even get to interview Kelly…

Of course. I do think it's a good sign for the Bills that they are investigating all avenues, especially an outside the box candidate like Kelly. I just don't think it bodes well for Kelly's chances as a Bill, unless more details emerge.

I'm fairly confident they'll come away with a solid, (if unspectacular) choice this time.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovie interviews with Bills:

http://www.buffalobi...40-e5cc98e230b0

Marrone interviews with Bills:

http://www.buffalobi...c3-7d95b2e98331

Chip Kelly interviews with Bills:

http://www.buffalobi...57-b8da28ad3c8a

There is nothing to those articles ... lol ... almost like a boiler plate so they don't have to write them over the weekend. <_<

The Bills always seem to operate under the radar. Either they are really good at keeping things under wraps or no one in the National Media really cares. Probably a combination of both.

Russ, Buddy, and old J.O. are running around the desert all covert and what not!

Edited by Cotton Fitzsimmons

Wow.

Stealth.

We were all led to believe that the Lovie interview would take place on the weekend.

Or they made up their mind already and are just going through the motions for the fans. KC and Cleveland spent hours and hours with there candidates and we only spend a couple hours on each? seems like they could have gotten this done in a day if that silly bowl game wasn't an obstacle lol.

Or they made up their mind already and are just going through the motions for the fans. KC and Cleveland spent hours and hours with there candidates and we only spend a couple hours on each? seems like they could have gotten this done in a day if that silly bowl game wasn't an obstacle lol.

I think you are right and I think the bills big interview, similar to the one the browns had with Kelly, was ours with whisenhunt. So maybe they know they want him already. Ugghh!

Would that really surprise any of us at this point? FWIW, Jay Skurski of The Buffalo News was on 'Mad Dog Radio' (Sirius-XM) on Friday and said that Ken Whisenhunt "was the leader in the clubhouse" for the Bills HC job. If it does turn out to be Whisenhunt, it'll be interesting to see how Brandon spins it. I mean, what are the odds of "leaving no stone unturned" and finding that the "right fit" was the very first person you interviewed? It makes the whole search process look like a sham, IMO.

Reid canceled all his other interviews two days ago and didn't sign until today.

They probably had a handshake deal with Reid in place and - this is important - both agreed on the numbers. Once the rough numbers are agreed on, you can go ahead and cancel your appointments. I know you guys don't want to believe this, but Kelly is the next Browns coach - the Bills and Eagles are just leverage for his agent at this point. He is saying everything his agent wants him to say to get a few extra $$$ out of the Browns.

You can now either A) go to sleep, or B) start ranting how things will never change until Ralph is gone.

Would that really surprise any of us at this point? FWIW, Jay Skurski of The Buffalo News was on 'Mad Dog Radio' (Sirius-XM) on Friday and said that Ken Whisenhunt "was the leader in the clubhouse" for the Bills HC job. If it does turn out to be Whisenhunt, it'll be interesting to see how Brandon spins it. I mean, what are the odds of "leaving no stone unturned" and finding that the "right fit" was the very first person you interviewed? It makes the whole search process look like a sham, IMO.

It would certainly smack of Donahoe, Levy/Overdorf/Littman/Brandon, Brandon/Overdorf/Littman, Nix, Brandon/Nix/Whaley, status quo.

I mean, what are the odds of "leaving no stone unturned" and finding that the "right fit" was the very first person you interviewed? It makes the whole search process look like a sham, IMO.

Yes, it looks that way. But would you feel differently if Whisenhunt was the last person they interviewed?

The timing worked out that Wiz was the first guy the talked to. It could also be that he may be the best fit for the team of the targeted candidates.

Agreed, it seems like the Whiz doesn't fit either category "leaving no stone unturned" or "right fit". Also, he would be the 3rd former Pittsburgh assistant we will have hired... what is that about doing the same thing over and over again .... Oh well.

Yes, it looks that way. But would you feel differently if Whisenhunt was the last person they interviewed?

The timing worked out that Wiz was the first guy the talked to. It could also be that he may be the best fit for the team of the targeted candidates.

I get what you're saying, GG, and I don't disagree. I was just pointing out the irony if it turns out to be Whisenhunt. It's just so quintessentially Bills.

If THE WHIZENATOR is the answer... we're asking the wrong question, gents!

I get what you're saying, GG, and I don't disagree. I was just pointing out the irony if it turns out to be Whisenhunt. It's just so quintessentially Bills.

How does this compare to previous coaching searches? Did the Bills hire the first candidate? Last candidate? I think this would be more a case of "It's just so quintessentially what Bills fans think of the Bills."

I have a lot of doubts about each of the names mentioned for candidates and kelly is no exception. College coaches don't have the best track record on jumping to the NFL. The questions on whether his offense will work on an NFL level. If he can motivate guys making millions compared to boys making nothing, etc, etc.Given the additional challenges of overcoming the image problem the Bills have as well makes for a tough road to hoe.

I know he is the current golden boy of TSW, but he has question marks as well. There is a real possibility that he is not the best fit for the Bills.

Honestly, as much as I like Kelly, the guy is getting a bit overrated. Oregon was a very good program before he even got there. With all this hype, it's going to be tough for him to live up to it. But since he's the hottest candidate and very innovative, it would be a nice tip in the cap if the Bills got him. But it's not the end of the world if we don't get him either.