Chip Kelly HC! (possibly for the Browns)

13player

Too lazy to read the rest of the thread, but anyone consider the potential ancillary benefits of hiring Kelly, namely since he's in the driver's seat he may require a promise that we'll (a) resign our own FA he likes (which would be Levitre and Byrd, who Kelly personally knows from coaching at Ore.) and (b) a commitment to spend $ in FA more generally? I was lukewarm on him until considering that....

10 geography lesson responses, but none on the question asked.

PS. I know Levitre went to State. I was referring to Byrd, who was there at Oregon when Kelly was OC.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not a running QB. The best runner among QBs on the roster is Ryan Fitzpatrick.

YE OLE hasn't seen enough of T-Jax to know much about his game, and while it is true that Fitzcannon will take off and run effectively, YE managed to pull up these numbers via THE GOOGLES:

4.86 seconds

Ryan Fitzpatrick, 40 yard dash time

4.75 seconds

Tarvaris Jackson, 40 yard dash time

What is to be gleaned from this? Perhaps nothing. Neither man appears to be real fast, but it seems T-Jax is the faster of the two for what it's worth.

YE OLE hasn't seen enough of T-Jax to know much about his game, and while it is true that Fitzcannon will take off and run effectively, YE managed to pull up these numbers via THE GOOGLES:

4.86 seconds

Ryan Fitzpatrick, 40 yard dash time

4.75 seconds

Tarvaris Jackson, 40 yard dash time

What is to be gleaned from this? Perhaps nothing. Neither man appears to be real fast, but it seems T-Jax is the faster of the two for what it's worth.

I wonder which one will be a former Buffalo Bill faster.

:)

just read that chip kelly will likely go to cleveland, also ray horton too. Why in the world does Cleveland land these guys and we cannot?? What do they offer that we dont have or cant have??

A lucid, and very wealthy owner, 8 home games instead of 7, newer stadium, and probably offering a lot of control to CK. I am not convinced that CK is going to be a success in the NFL, anyway. But we are not going to get the "rock star" colllege HC or NFL HC, people. This is Buffalo and our ownership structure is what it is. It really is that simple. Still, our biggest obstacle to winning is the lack of a QB. I think we can win with just about any of these potential HC's, if we get a QB. Except for maybe Grimm, who doesn't seem qualified. No coach will win here with RF as our starting QB.

just read that chip kelly will likely go to cleveland, also ray horton too. Why in the world does Cleveland land these guys and we cannot?? What do they offer that we dont have or cant have??

First I've heard Horton is going with Chip. Source?