Opinion needed (office secret Santa related)

NoSaint

Lets say, hypothetically, that you were given a tie by a coworker. Also hypothetically, that this tie wasn't all that stylish.

How many times would you wear it around the office before casually retiring it?

Edited by NoSaint

need more info....

1.) Was it a chick that gave it to you

2.) Is she hot

3.) pics of her

4.) pic of the tie(i mean i would never say that the Jerry Garcia ties were particularly stylish...but I would wear them with shorts if i was in possession of one...

side note..i am thankful that i have never had a job where I had to wear a tie...I've been lucky enough to have been able to wear jeans and golf shirts in my working career...i am not a tie guy at all....

Lets say, hypothetically, that you were given a tie by a coworker. Also hypothetically, that this tie wasn't all that stylish.

How many times would you wear it around the office before casually retiring it?

need more info....

2.) Is she hot

3.) pics of her

4.) pic of the tie(i mean i would never say that the Jerry Garcia ties were particularly stylish...but I would wear them with shorts if i was in possession of one...

side note..i am thankful that i have never had a job where I had to wear a tie...I've been lucky enough to have been able to wear jeans and golf shirts in my working career...i am not a tie guy at all....

1) female

2) not remotely

3) you dont want them

4) its a pretty basic one - black and a damn near neon pink stripe pattern(some shades of grey mixed in there too), quality youd expect from a $10 secret santa gift.

i believe it was well intentioned, and just poorly executed.

1) female

2) not remotely

3) you dont want them

4) its a pretty basic one - black and a damn near neon pink stripe pattern(some shades of grey mixed in there too), quality youd expect from a $10 secret santa gift.

How often do you wear a tie to work?

Does your line of work have a tradition of cutting the tie of someone who gets promoted? If not, start the tradition. Go to your friend in HR and tell them you need to dump a bad tie. Get them to promote you to some nonexistent position within the office. As part of your moving on up ceremony you can have someone cut your tie. Problem solved.

Choice or dress code?

code. stuck in a suit.

Does your line of work have a tradition of cutting the tie of someone who gets promoted? If not, start the tradition. Go to your friend in HR and tell them you need to dump a bad tie. Get them to promote you to some nonexistent position within the office. As part of your moving on up ceremony you can have someone cut your tie. Problem solved.

theres the outside the box thinking ive come to expect.

Wear it once. Ruin it. Blame it on the dry cleaner. Its a crappy tie, a normal dry cleaning may bleed out the color anyway. Or you could help it.

haha - touche. i think im leaning towards knocking out a couple appearances with it on slow business days between now and spring (say 2-3) making sure she sees it and thanking her and then i can slide it in once in a very blue moon from there (if at all).

need more info....

2.) Is she hot

3.) pics of her

Gotta agree with Pooj on this one... NoSaint, WAY to little info given.

1) female

2) not remotely

3) you dont want them

Ooops... Thanks... 86 my last post!