Holiday (free agent) Wish List...

Every one of their linebackers is awful. The Bills can either fix it through both free agency and the draft or continue getting steamrolled. Nix's general lack of attention toward the position during his three years has been appalling.

Hey, Buddy had other positions that were more important than LB :lol:;)

Well, when you pull 1-2 players from every draft of course it's hard to build a complete team. That, and switching defenses twice in 3 seasons, but who's counting anymore? The rebuild already failed.

Every one of their linebackers is awful. The Bills can either fix it through both free agency and the draft or continue getting steamrolled. Nix's general lack of attention toward the position during his three years has been appalling.

Nix has signed FA LB's and drafted LB's. Because they haven't played in a way you like does not mean the position was not addressed. It was.

Now QB is a different matter.

Brent Grimes would take some cash but I think if we're willing to spend some money again this offseason that would be the best option. We need a veteran presence to match Gilmore's inexperience (and I don't mean that to downplay Gilmore, he's just young). Although we need a legitimately talented veteran, and not a Drayton Florence. Someone that can give us more than a year or two of solid play. Bring in a guy like Grimes on a 4 year deal and we're set at CB for a while.

Bowe is a pipe dream, let's be honest. And I'd rather have a guy that would compliment Stevie rather than take targets away from him. What we could really use is an Amendola type guy or a guy who plays a simliar role (catches everything thrown to him, has speed, etc.). I'm tired of dropped balls (ala TJ Graham, Donald Jones). That's why I love David Nelson and hope they bring him back on a nice contract; the dude catches everything thrown to him and he holds onto the ball. He won't burn you or muscle his way past you but he'll get open enough so that he can get a hand on the ball and bring it in.

Hey, Buddy had other positions that were more important than LB :lol:;)

Well, when you pull 1-2 players from every draft of course it's hard to build a complete team. That, and switching defenses twice in 3 seasons, but who's counting anymore? The rebuild already failed.

Amen. But here's to continuity! Give him and his awful coach another chance!

Nix has signed FA LB's and drafted LB's. Because they haven't played in a way you like does not mean the position was not addressed. It was.

Not to any satisfactory extent. Nix hasn't spent more than a third-round pick on a linebacker and his "best" FA signing at the position is Nick Barnett.

Bowe is a pipe dream, let's be honest. And I'd rather have a guy that would compliment Stevie rather than take targets away from him. What we could really use is an Amendola type guy or a guy who plays a simliar role (catches everything thrown to him, has speed, etc.). I'm tired of dropped balls (ala TJ Graham, Donald Jones). That's why I love David Nelson and hope they bring him back on a nice contract; the dude catches everything thrown to him and he holds onto the ball. He won't burn you or muscle his way past you but he'll get open enough so that he can get a hand on the ball and bring it in.

Please explain how Bowe is a "pipe dream?" I feel he's realistic. Coming off of the IR into a heavily loaded group of free agent wide receivers, his price will be reasonable. I think a guy like this stretches the field, opens up our run game and adds a new dynamic. Amendola would be nice, believe me, I wouldn't complain. But he's too similar to the receivers we have. Not in talent by any means, but in scheme. Bowe is different. He has the game changing ability to make big plays. Not saying Amendola doesn't, but I feel Bowe gives us a better option for what we have (given a QB who can hit on the deep ball!)

As far as the 2 TE sets, I agree completely. However, I encourage all of you to take a look a Delanie Walker. The guy is a weapon, special teams threat and available. I like this guy a lot.

Te'o...i know this isn't the tread to do so, but I cannot stand nor comprehend the hype behind this guy. Do fans across America want this guy because the 'experts' live by him?...Has anyone seen him play? I for one say we need to wait until we can see how he handles the NFL like guards of Alabama. then we'll talk.

Te'o...i know this isn't the tread to do so, but I cannot stand nor comprehend the hype behind this guy. Do fans across America want this guy because the 'experts' live by him?...Has anyone seen him play? I for one say we need to wait until we can see how he handles the NFL like guards of Alabama. then we'll talk.

Fair enough on your 'Bama point.....I have seen him play ... rare guys like Te'o are born leaders with a relentless will to win...he has an instinct for the ball and gets into the backfield...hes great in coverage....we are badly badly in need of a 3-down LB centering our D with those qualities.

For the combine stat guys, he may fall a little short - I get that . But - around draft time, there were a LOT of people knocking down Von Miller because of his non-prototypical size. He was called Maybin-2 on this board on many an occasion. Others called Von Miller the next great pass rushing LB. There will always be opposing viewpoints but it doesn't change our needs and unless this kid absolutely nosedives in the bowls/workouts/combines, I think he's for real.

I agree there is hype on Te'o but a good amount of it deserved.....a game changing MLB.....very difficult to come by.

Brent Grimes would take some cash but I think if we're willing to spend some money again this offseason that would be the best option. We need a veteran presence to match Gilmore's inexperience (and I don't mean that to downplay Gilmore, he's just young). Although we need a legitimately talented veteran, and not a Drayton Florence. Someone that can give us more than a year or two of solid play. Bring in a guy like Grimes on a 4 year deal and we're set at CB for a while.

Exactly why he is #1 on my wish list. Good post. Like I said in my explanation, a talented veteran like Grimes gives you a Gilmore/Grimes tandem on the outside. That allows Brooks and McKelvin to be your nickel/dime guys working from the slot, where their speed is an asset and they aren't as apt to have to cover 40 yards downfield where they both seem to get lost in space. I also like him because of the veteran presence. They NEED a guy like that. You can have all the talent in the world coming out of college, but there's STILL going to be a learning curve as a DB.

I also agree with your sentiments about the WRs. It's now year 3 for Donald Jones. He may be a nice complimentary piece, but he is no #2 threat. TJ Graham's got another season or two to improve. He's shown he has the speed, now work on the hands. I think Jones failing to develop further (although we fans never expected much out of him) is the reason for Nix talking on WGR about that "WR who is open when he's not open". In many ways, that's exactly what David Nelson at 6'5 and Chandler at 6'7 are. He just wants someone with Nelson's height who can play on the outside. Having a combination of Stevie, Nelson, a new "big" guy, and Graham as your "burner" could be devastating with a QB. Add in Jones as your #5 WR and that's a pretty solid set of weapons, IMO.

Third, I REALLY REALLY like Jon Beason. I am hoping the Panthers do cut him loose, or make him available for trade. He's one helluva football player, and if the price is right, I wouldn't mind seeing a 3rd-5th round pick (preferably a 4th or 5th) go to Carolina for a real player at LB like him.

I'd like Greg Jennings or Jordy Nelson. Both are UFAs, and I see no reason for GB to throw appreciable money at them given what they've done with Cobb and Jones this year.

Beyond that, a LB like Phillip Wheeler or Daryl Smith might be a good option as well.

CBs I like that would be great value pickups include Pittsburgh's Keenan Lewis and Arizona's Greg Toler.

I'd stay far, far away from any FA QB unless the plan is for that person to be a backup to a draft pick.

Edited by thebandit27

I'm not as high on Bowe as some. Originally I thought it would be a great pickup, but after watching a few KC games he seems to have trouble making catches in traffic and drops a lot of balls. His #'s are great, but that could be a function of the fact that KC is playing from behind so much. He doesn't seem to be the "sure handed" big WR we need.

I'd take Urlacker and then draft J. Jones from GA. Then draft a MLB in the 2nd round next year.

Exactly why he is #1 on my wish list. Good post. Like I said in my explanation, a talented veteran like Grimes gives you a Gilmore/Grimes tandem on the outside. That allows Brooks and McKelvin to be your nickel/dime guys working from the slot, where their speed is an asset and they aren't as apt to have to cover 40 yards downfield where they both seem to get lost in space. I also like him because of the veteran presence. They NEED a guy like that. You can have all the talent in the world coming out of college, but there's STILL going to be a learning curve as a DB.

I also agree with your sentiments about the WRs. It's now year 3 for Donald Jones. He may be a nice complimentary piece, but he is no #2 threat. TJ Graham's got another season or two to improve. He's shown he has the speed, now work on the hands. I think Jones failing to develop further (although we fans never expected much out of him) is the reason for Nix talking on WGR about that "WR who is open when he's not open". In many ways, that's exactly what David Nelson at 6'5 and Chandler at 6'7 are. He just wants someone with Nelson's height who can play on the outside. Having a combination of Stevie, Nelson, a new "big" guy, and Graham as your "burner" could be devastating with a QB. Add in Jones as your #5 WR and that's a pretty solid set of weapons, IMO.

Third, I REALLY REALLY like Jon Beason. I am hoping the Panthers do cut him loose, or make him available for trade. He's one helluva football player, and if the price is right, I wouldn't mind seeing a 3rd-5th round pick (preferably a 4th or 5th) go to Carolina for a real player at LB like him.

Wouldn't mind this either!