McLovin' to IR. Kirk's back.

Justice

FYI...in the mobile version of the sight, the secondary line in the thread title isn't visible. So don't put any important info to the topic in that line. To me this reads.

"Breaking News"

Is back on the 50 man roster. Thanks.

FYI...in the mobile version of the sight, the secondary line in the thread title isn't visible. So don't put any important info to the topic in that line. To me this reads.

"Breaking News"

Is back on the 50 man roster. Thanks.

yup. I thought Chan got fired when I opened it. Damn.

1. Agree 100%. I love his attitude and the way he became a demon on STs after getting benched. He's one of those guys that will leave Buffalo, put together the corner part, and became a really good player.

2. A ton of teams are banged up. The Steelers are decimated. The Ravens lost their top 5 tacklers. It's the NFL and people get injured. We actually were probably one of the heathlier teams this year. Makes it even more depressing.

Oh really? LIke he will go to another team and magically learn the necessary ball skills which are a requirement to be a successful CB ? As if another scheme will bring out the ability to identify when the ball is in the air approaching the receiver's hands ?..... :wallbash:

they are just trying to get healthy bodies on the roster. Their judgement must be that McKelvin will not be right by a week from Sunday, so he won't play again. So, IR him, and get a healthy body. Now, Morrison knows the system....so he is a good choice to help out.

Oh really? LIke he will go to another team and magically learn the necessary ball skills which are a requirement to be a successful CB ? As if another scheme will bring out the ability to identify when the ball is in the air approaching the receiver's hands ?..... :wallbash:

did you not watch the games where he filled in for A Williams and played great? let your pre-2012 McK preconceptions go....he was solid this year IMO.

2. A ton of teams are banged up. The Steelers are decimated. The Ravens lost their top 5 tacklers. It's the NFL and people get injured. We actually were probably one of the heathlier teams this year. Makes it even more depressing.

THIS ^^^^ All teams have injuries. We just have a tendency to suck.

Think if we were playoff bound or even still alive a bunch of these late IRs would not happen. Most of the IR we have done is in the last 3 weeks or so of these lost seasons.

BTW, congrats to Kirk. So as a vested vet, his salary would have been guaranteed the moment he was on the roster for the opener correct? So he already has been paid his yearly salary.

Wonder if he gets a 2 week prorated portion of the vet minimum coming back? Kinda of a bonus then for him in last year he is most likely in the NFL. Think vet minimum is about $800K..so good for him for squezzing an extra $100K or so out of ole Ralphy as a parting gift.

Lets not overreact. It's the last 2 weeks of a lost season. The most minor mishaps can put you on IR at this point.

PTR

The fact that he is a free agent after this season, and would be risking injury before a new contract is something consider, wouldn't you say?

I am in the crowd that thinks he is finished as a Buffalo Bill. No great loss either. Just another dumb Jauron draft selection that helped destroy this football team.

Seems like the players are falling to pieces as they always seem to do. Bills players are made of glass.

I worry that this crap of IRing players has tainted our team. Instead of reinforcing the toughness they need they just find their way to IR.

I think Promo nails it:

Lets not overreact. It's the last 2 weeks of a lost season. The most minor mishaps can put you on IR at this point.

PTR

Also:

the guys going to IR right now probably wouldn't end up on IR earlier in the season. Alot of teams will put guys with minor injuries on IR now if they aren't in the playoff picture so it frees up a roster spot for someone else to get playing time/experience.

If your injury is going to take more then a week to heal now, why not put them on IR and free up a spot?

Good points. However as much as I like Kirk Morrison as a person and player, it's a bit mystifying that they would bring him back, isn't it? He plays a different position and he demonstrated all he has to demonstrate. The coaches refused to activate him before so the whole thing is kind of odd.

Anyways this move probably means a lot more playing time for Aaron Williams as he tries to resurrect his flagging career.

Do we have a conditioning coach?

Actually unlike the pre-Gailey era, the Bills have two S & C coaches, both of them highly regarded before coming to Buffalo.

Keep wasting your life away. How amusing you must be to yourself.

I do amuse myself but are you talking to me?

Kirks back and he will not dress for the last two games.

Moments after re-signing Morrison, the Bills placed him on the non-football related injury list.

:)