McLovin' to IR. Kirk's back.

Justice

1. I hope McKelvin stays.

2. I don't think it should go unnoticed that, as Zow2 stated, this has become the most consistent occurrence from season-to-season ... the Bills all end up on IR. Maybe it's just because I pay attention to the Bills more than other teams, but is this more of a problem for the Bills than it is for other teams?

2. I don't think it should go unnoticed that, as Zow2 stated, this has become the most consistent occurrence from season-to-season ... the Bills all end up on IR. Maybe it's just because I pay attention to the Bills more than other teams, but is this more of a problem for the Bills than it is for other teams?

1. Agree 100%. I love his attitude and the way he became a demon on STs after getting benched. He's one of those guys that will leave Buffalo, put together the corner part, and became a really good player.

2. A ton of teams are banged up. The Steelers are decimated. The Ravens lost their top 5 tacklers. It's the NFL and people get injured. We actually were probably one of the heathlier teams this year. Makes it even more depressing.

I worry that this crap of IRing players has tainted our team. Instead of reinforcing the toughness they need they just find their way to IR. Maybe it prolongs there career.... I don't know. Maybe I am just frustrated we resigned Morrison without even playing him this year. This team is confounding.

Good thing they're not making a playoff run. Seems like the players are falling to pieces as they always seem to do. Bills players are made of glass.

Lets not overreact. It's the last 2 weeks of a lost season. The most minor mishaps can put you on IR at this point.

PTR

1. Totally agree. Hope McKelvin is back as well.

2. Bills are no worse than most teams. Every team has multiple players banged up by this time of the season.

The problem is when a team loses multiple players to IR earlier in the season.

Good thing they're not making a playoff run. Seems like the players are falling to pieces as they always seem to do. Bills players are made of glass.

Obviously, our guys are not doing enough steroids. Which also may be one of the reasons they get their butts kicked on the field.

1. Agree 100%. I love his attitude and the way he became a demon on STs after getting benched. He's one of those guys that will leave Buffalo, put together the corner part, and became a really good player.

2. A ton of teams are banged up. The Steelers are decimated. The Ravens lost their top 5 tacklers. It's the NFL and people get injured. We actually were probably one of the heathlier teams this year. Makes it even more depressing.

Agreed. it seems the last 10 years more and more injuries are occuring. Not sure if it's the NFL or people hitting harder and lack of tackling or conditioning. It's something that should be looked at and measured. I'd love to see the 2002-2012 injuries vs 1992-2002 injuries if anything changed or if it's just a perceived notion.

Edited by mattsox

On of my best friend's is a Bears fan...to hear him talk, the Bears are the most snake bitten team when it comes to injuries, in the history of the NFL.

One thing I will say, because the Bills have not been competitive in so long, I have noticed (especially since Gailey has taken over) that we seem to send more guys to the IR than we used to. It seems the minute a guy strains a muscle the Bills send him to IR.

In regards to McKelvin...me too, I hope he stays...but I think some other team is going to sign him to a bloated contract that the Bills won't match. I really like the kid...we all know he has had his rough moments, but the kid seems to have more natural talent at that position than any DB they have drafted in the last decade...I think with better coaching he might have developed and refined his game faster...I am just hoping Gilmore (and we) doesn't suffer the same fate in Buffalo. I went to see the Bills play the Giants last year, in Jersey. We sat behind the Bills bench. Morrison was actually dressed for the game...I don't think he moved on the sideline the whole first half...and I am pretty sure he didn't see the field for even one snap during the game...

In regards to Kirk Morrison: why? A guy who has been part of the organization for almost three full seasons who can't crack the lineup, even during times when the LB was struggling horrilby...their vetran depth guy was standing on the sidelines in street close...I like the guy (he is good on the radio) but I just don't understand keeping a guy who you would never, ever, ever (it seems) want to dress for game...is there no young, free agent linebacker with a little upside out there? Crap, I honeslty would rather have them re-sign Aaron Maybin than waste more time on Morrison. I just don't get it...all I can figure is that he must be a hell of a locker room leader....

Edited by Buftex

the guys going to IR right now probably wouldn't end up on IR earlier in the season. Alot of teams will put guys with minor injuries on IR now if they aren't in the playoff picture so it frees up a roster spot for someone else to get playing time/experience.

If your injury is going to take more then a week to heal now, why not put them on IR and free up a spot?