Another statistic worthy of its own post....True colors of this coachi

Awwufelloff

RB C.J. Spiller surpassed 1,000 yards rushing for the first time in his three-year career. Spiller sailed past the barrier on his 154th carry, one of the fastest in NFL history. Of course, all that does is illuminate how crazy it has been that Spiller, who leads NFL running backs in yards per carry at 6.5, has had so few opportunities. No player in NFL history has finished a season with 160 or more carries (Spiller has 161) with a rushing average of 6.5 or better.

We need to clean shop with the guys running this offense and defense....PLEASE!!!

Imagine how much better his YPC would be, or more importantly how much more effective our offense would be, with a mobile QB capable of running the zone read (like a Newton/RG3/Wilson)

Cam is out of the picture

Rg3 is out of the picture

Wilson out of the picture

Tebow may be available. If that is your style of football.

Imagine how much better his YPC would be, or more importantly how much more effective our offense would be, with a mobile QB capable of running the zone read (like a Newton/RG3/Wilson)

Or just a deep threat. No threat of being burned over the top defeats the purpose of the spread O.

Or just a deep threat. No threat of being burned over the top defeats the purpose of the spread O.

Need a QB who can throw the deep ball to make the deep threat a true threat. Look how many "easy" TDs Fitz has missed in the past few weeks.

Need a QB who can throw the deep ball to make the deep threat a true threat. Look how many "easy" TDs Fitz has missed in the past few weeks.

A good quarterback on the Bills who can throw a deep accurate ball will only make opposing D's adjust to that. The reason why Fitz has had some chances and missed recently is exactly why the opposing D's let the bills "barnburner" run routes on single coverage. The odds are high the pass will be incomplete or better yet for the defense intercepted. The Seahags among others knew this. Watch Ryan in game 16 offer it all to Fitz then watch him throw his dirt ball/interceptions. The Bills suck and I blame this year on Failey..

If we used him less his YPC would be better.

Yep. Adrian Peterson has rushed 289 times and is averaging 6.3 ypc. Spiller might average 5, which would be very, very good, but he would not average close to 6 ypc with 20 rushes/game.

6.5 yards / carry is aboluetly crazy STUPID!

Amazing.

If the Bills had any type of NFL QB at all, and a middle of the road D, they are knocking on the playoff door. IMO.

That also assumes Gailey is gone and not calling the plays, or managing the game.

I'm in & he would be cheap too !! Talk about bringing some excitement to this team ... WOW !!!

I'm in & he would be cheap too !! Talk about bringing some excitement to this team ... WOW !!!

So you're saying we can have a media circus like the Jets do around a mediocre backup QB, distracting the team and ruining the season? Sign me up!

Yep. Adrian Peterson has rushed 289 times and is averaging 6.3 ypc. Spiller might average 5, which would be very, very good, but he would not average close to 6 ypc with 20 rushes/game.

Peterson's 6.3 ypc after nearly 300 carries is truly unbelivable. And his QB is no better than Fitz......

6.5 yards / carry is aboluetly crazy STUPID!

Amazing.

If the Bills had any type of NFL QB at all, and a middle of the road D, they are knocking on the playoff door. IMO.

That also assumes Gailey is gone and not calling the plays, or managing the game.

He would have to be more than any QB with this, the worst D in the League, unfortunately.

I'd love to see some Tebow Zone reads out there, although I have noticed him make the wrong read a lot on that play since being in the NFL. Plus Tebow can extend plays like Big Ben, which doesn't have a high success rate, but when it does its a huge play. You can win games with big plays. Live by the three die by the three kinda thing.

Not that the vertical threat wouldn't help, but the 'purpose' of the spread is to create space horizontally, not vertically.

I think it's a great stat and it's misleading. I don't think Spiller has the power to take over a game like AP. I think he benefits from spreading the defense out and from the Bills playing from behind.

Were the Bills to lump another 100 carries on Spiller I think he'd avg about 5 yards per carry and he'd miss at least 3 games. I'm not saying he's been properly used. I just think he and AP are apples and oranges.