The one, the only, Tebow thread

truth on hold

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

teo and tebow for the culture change.............cut brad smith give tebow the "wildcat" duties

I have been thinking about this a lot since I first read this thread:

We all want to run the ball...so I say why not? Will it be worse than what we have now? We all lament we don't have receivers, well, in this case, we won't need them. Running the ball with Tebow, Spiller and whomever else we draft way too early will at least give us an identity. This, hopefully, will also mean long, clock consuming drives that will keep our defense off the field.

Why not try it for a year, draft Te'o to start the defensive rebuild, draft a QB in the second (or move into the first) and go from there. It can't be worse. Yes, this is where we've gotten to.

Believe me, this is a well calculated move. The Jets for all intents and purposes are out of the playoff race, so they are planning on tanking the rest of the season. Tebow, love him or hate him, would not guarantee 2 more losses. Meanwhile, by starting McElroy its a win-win situation. If he wins out, then great, they may have a franchise QB already on the roster. If he loses out, they get a better draft position plus they can move on from thinking McElroy's a viable option. Now, only if the Bills had a young QB on the roster to do the same thing.

Why do you have to be negative with everything?

I'm trying to look on the bright side here!

So am I, Tebow would be an upgrade to Brad Smith's roster spot-I am positive about that.

3rd stop QB, thats sounds about right for Buffalo.

If Buffalo makes the trade, you do it with the intention to start Tim Tebow.

Doing what the Jests have done is stupid.

There is enough film to decide if you want him as your starter or if you do not want him as your starter.

A team that signs Tim Tebow is saying, "Hey this option thing is working better in the NFL than what was originally thought. We're going to try to run a large percentage of option plays in 2013."

But you make that decision prior to trading for signing Tim Tebow.

You don't keep him around as a locker room distraction. That is how you plan to lose faith of the players in the direction of lack of direction in the franchise. Buffalo cannot take that risk.

I don't agree that you make that trade only if you intend on starting Tebow at QB. I do believe though that if you make that trade or waiver signing, you do it with a plan to use him, unlike the Jets who pretty much gave him a uniform and a front row seat to watch the games.

thats one way to think of it, but aren't we in the same class of as the Jets?

"The Bills think he is good... so do we..... what did we miss????"

But that said, I agree with you and Buff Bill - ill take Tebow on this hearltess gutless team every day of the week, ESPECIALLY on sundays.

Here we go.

I wonder if the Jet mockery will continue if they beat the Bills again in two weeks. Who will there be left to mock? Kansas City?

I don't get this (and other posts that make the same argument). The Bills are totally mockworthy, but that has absolutely nothing to do with making fun of the Jets. I would've left Bills fandom behind a long time ago if I didn't have schadenfreude to sustain me.

I don't know Joe...Those off-the-record comments from Jets players are a serious red-flag...Those players did not just say Tebow had issues learning the Offense well enough, or something like that...They said he was terrible...They basically said he can't play QB...These are guys who play with Sanchez every Sunday, and they're saying you cannot play Tebow because he sucks so bad???...Tebow has to be pretty awful in practice if players rush to the aid of Sanchez over him...Because Sanchez sucks!...Just saying... B-)

Tebow would not have to say a single word and it would still be a circus...He's a celebrity...And yes he's a decent guy...But have you not heard about the internal ESPN memo's concerning Tebow? How there is no such thing as enough Tebow coverage...ESPN is covering his Training Camp LIVE...It's a circus period...Not Tebow's fault...But it is what it is... B-)

Tebow can't be a Traditonal QB in this league. His style of game tops out in College, where it is one read, handoff, run or throw a pass int he general area of the receiver. The good QB's, we know who they are, make many reads and make quick decision based on what a Defense shows..... that is a FAR cry from what Tebow's strength it. He also has that throwing motion that makes a quick strike, pinpoint passes very difficult. People also fail to remeber that if they beat the Pats last season in the playoffs, I am prety sure he was not going to play the next game with banged up ribs.

Tebow is a great kid, athletic, heart like a bull... but he is not a 15 year QB solution. I loved watched him while he was here in Denver, but was not upset to see a real QB come in.

I wonder if the Jet mockery will continue if they beat the Bills again in two weeks. Who will there be left to mock? Kansas City?

Jet mockery will always continue!!! Does not need to be rationale!

Believe me, this is a well calculated move. The Jets for all intents and purposes are out of the playoff race, so they are planning on tanking the rest of the season. Tebow, love him or hate him, would not guarantee 2 more losses. Meanwhile, by starting McElroy its a win-win situation. If he wins out, then great, they may have a franchise QB already on the roster. If he loses out, they get a better draft position plus they can move on from thinking McElroy's a viable option. Now, only if the Bills had a young QB on the roster to do the same thing.

Or a head coach that would use him. Or someone like TJ.

I would've left Bills fandom behind a long time ago if I didn't have schadenfreude to sustain me.

This.

The only thing in sports that I enjoy almost as much as a Bills win is a loss by any of about a dozen teams (Jets, Pats, Dolphins, Steelers, Cowboys, etc). Sometimes, depending on the degree of humiliation administered, I enjoy those losses MORE than a Bills win. Like Monday night? That was more fun than any win we had this year.

the jets bag on tebow becuase most of them are idiots who are jealous of him. i wouldn't read too much into anything any of those gasbags have to say.

I don't think so...I think they see him in Practice and he sucks, just like they said...They may be a bit jelly...who knows? But I think the evidence that they are not lying about his ability is crystal clear considering he can't wrestle the job away from a complete train-wreck like Sanchez...If they are going with McElroy it's pretty clear Tebow can't run their Offense...Gasbags or not, it still does not make Tebow a viable option at QB in the NFL... B-)

I don't think so...I think they see him in Practice and he sucks, just like they said...They may be a bit jelly...who knows? But I think the evidence that they are not lying about his ability is crystal clear considering he can't wrestle the job away from a complete train-wreck like Sanchez...If they are going with McElroy it's pretty clear Tebow can't run their Offense...Gasbags or not, it still does not make Tebow a viable option at QB in the NFL... B-)

fair enough, i just discredit anything those hoodlums and crackheads on the jets have to say. santonio and the issues they had at end of last season, just a bunch of bad grapes IMO.

i won't take the tebow for qb side, but the kid has stones and can run through a brick wall. i find it laughable some of those hoodrats have so much to say about him.

I have been thinking about this a lot since I first read this thread:

We all want to run the ball...so I say why not? Will it be worse than what we have now? We all lament we don't have receivers, well, in this case, we won't need them. Running the ball with Tebow, Spiller and whomever else we draft way too early will at least give us an identity. This, hopefully, will also mean long, clock consuming drives that will keep our defense off the field.

Why not try it for a year, draft Te'o to start the defensive rebuild, draft a QB in the second (or move into the first) and go from there. It can't be worse. Yes, this is where we've gotten to.

The QB you Draft in the 2nd would be better than Tebow from Day #1...Then what?... ;)

I'll go on record right now that if I could be 1000% against bringing Tebow in, I would be...But I can only be 100% against it...So be it...I like the kid a lot as a person, and as a College QB...Don't like him at all as a Pro QB...I think he's terrible...And if you bring him in for a year to see what happens, you're risking wasting that year when you could be getting a real prospect much needed NFL experience... B-)

fair enough, i just discredit anything those hoodlums and crackheads on the jets have to say. santonio and the issues they had at end of last season, just a bunch of bad grapes IMO.

i won't take the tebow for qb side, but the kid has stones and can run through a brick wall. i find it laughable some of those hoodrats have so much to say about him.

They would not say anything if he could play the traditional QB position in the NFL... Believe me I wish Tebow was better than he is...How can you not like the guy? But he's just not a good QB... B-)

This.

The only thing in sports that I enjoy almost as much as a Bills win is a loss by any of about a dozen teams (Jets, Pats, Dolphins, Steelers, Cowboys, etc). Sometimes, depending on the degree of humiliation administered, I enjoy those losses MORE than a Bills win. Like Monday night? That was more fun than any win we had this year.

Same here, since it's basically all we have left. The Pats* last two Super Bowls have been far more enjoyable than any Bills game since the Comeback.