The one, the only, Tebow thread

truth on hold

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a football player and an athlete. He's got the height and hands for the tight end position like former Qbs Riemersma and Novacek.

Problem is, Tebow looks like a slow-twitch athlete. The Jets experimented with sending him out into the pattern on a couple of plays and he doesn't look like he can get separation.

All of his movements are slow and deliberate and seem to lack suddenness or explosiveness.

Tebow is a winner. If an offense were properly designed around him he could win a lot of games for you.

His passing ability isnt that much better than Fitz's unfortunately. A big strong man,good runner,instinctive winning football player with a rubber arm.So as just the starting QB...Id say better than Fitz but not one to hang your hat on.

Would drive us less insane than Fitz does.

I would love to have him in an option role--combo RB,FB,backup QB. He can run and is a bull--very hard to bring down and deceptively fast.

Main thing is that the guy knows how to play winning football. It may be a bit ugly--but its winning football.

Problem is, Tebow looks like a slow-twitch athlete. The Jets experimented with sending him out into the pattern on a couple of plays and he doesn't look like he can get separation.

All of his movements are slow and deliberate and seem to lack suddenness or explosiveness.

Same with Larry Czonka. Yes he does seem slow twitch--but he gets there. QB,FB type..ends up getting down the field although he looks lumbering doing it ala Czonk.

Baloney. Elway instructed him to pass more in that game which he did and he looked good. Including clutch toss for the win in OT

The Demaryius Thomas play?

Look. I'll continue to expect Tebow to fail as an NFL quarterback and you can continue to expect him to succeed.

Time will tell which of us is right.

The Jets screwed over the guy's career. I know most teams (maybe other than Jax) would not have given him a chance to start but for the Jets to acquire him simply to draw attention away from the Giants and make him the punt coverage ace? Where does his career go from here?

Wow what a slap in the face to tebow. #2 on the depth chart , healthy, winning record as starter .... passed over for a guy whose played a little over aquarter .

No this is the one and only Tebow Thread, 75 pages boys!

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/143716-tebow-is-a-jet-finally/

Would rather have Vick over tebow .........................

:death:

teo and tebow for the culture change.............cut brad smith give tebow the "wildcat" duties

Forget the mildcat, let him run the read option like many QBs are doing this year, put him in the spread like in college (like chan does here) and let er rip.

Tebow looked way better than Manziel in his Heisman year when he was throwing to David Nelson, Pearcy Harvin and Aaron Hernandez. Tebow just needs a coach who will let him play his game with more than one weapon and he would be successful again.

If an offense were properly designed around him he could win a lot of games for you.

Like he did in Denver last year

And Mark Sanchez is "two up" on Fitz in playoff appearances.

Tebow's playoff appearance means virtually nothing.

Except the Broncos were on pace for a top 3 draft pick until Tebow took them to the playoffs and won a playoff game.

The Demaryius Thomas play?

Look. I'll continue to expect Tebow to fail as an NFL quarterback and you can continue to expect him to succeed.

Time will tell which of us is right.

what i think is incredibly lost on a lot of people - is even the guys that we say "suck" have a ton of talent. Its not rare for them to have a good play, or game, or even couple of games. The true test is over time, which brings me to agreeing with you that tebow has a track record of more bad out of his arm than an nfl team can accept on blind faith and completely change an offense for.

can he make some throws? sure. even fitz hit stevie in stride against pittsburgh in the clutch.... but can you trust him to make the throws an nfl team will need week in and week out over the course of years? I would bet a decent sum against it at this point.

Okay, I don't say much on this board but I do read a lot of posts. My only comment about Tebow is that he reminds me of Joe Kapp. Most of you are too young to remember Mr. Kapp but his label was a "football player" who played quarterback. His throwing motion and ball flight were just ... well ... ugly. He completed 47% of his passes, was unappreciated by every team he was on and yet took the Vikigns to the Super Bowl. He won games - period.

"[He] developed the reputation of being a tough player and a great leader. While most quarterbacks dislike being hit, Kapp was the opposite. He loved to hit and when he took off on a run he’d try to run over defenders ... Kapp is the only player to quarterback in the Super Bowl, Rose Bowl, and the Grey Cup" according to WikiPedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Kapp.

Tebow is a football player who happens to play quarterback and his throwing is ugly but he wins whether it's a national championship with Florida or playoff games with the Broncos. Bills could do worse.

Tebow to be traded released after season: Sourcehttp://www.nypost.co...L#axzz2FcAaJvSQ
Fixed it for you as no team is dumb enough to give up something for him. The JEST have realized the error of their ways and no other team in the NFL will deal for this divisive and sub-par joke of a QB. Edited by 26CornerBlitz