The one, the only, Tebow thread

truth on hold

RGIII success in the running QB mode and Russell Wilsons exploits this past week show there is a place for this type of QB. Tebow would have to be the starter from day one. I think Jacksonville will be his landing place.

this statement couldn't be more incorrect. tebow has NOTHING in common with RGIII and Russel Wilson. nothing.

that's like saying Bolt could be a RB in the NFL just b/c he can run.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a reason the jets are not playing him. He sucks! Just watch him......not in college, now....he sucks......

They refused to use him in the offense that suits him. That's on the Jets, not Tebow. If you were a Bronco fan last year and they never went after a certain all-time HOF player named Peyton Manning, you'd have loved you some Tim Tebow. I think if Gailey completely geared the Bills offense for Tebow (remember he made "Slash"), the Bills could actually win big games with him and possibly get into the playoffs. This team is so desperate that I think they should in fact consider Tebow as their 2013 starter.

One last thing, Gailey is not playing a rookie QB in his "money" year so the choices are slim for both him and the Bills. Do the Bills want to give Matt Flynn a long term contract knowing Gailey would be out the door if they suck again next year? Alex Smith? No way, they are not going to lock in long term on a veteran QB knowing that a new coach in 2014 might not like the guy they would be signing. It comes down to Vick or Tebow and Vick is seriously concussion prone. I'm not thrilled with Tebow, but I'm open to the one year experiment given the limited options this team has put upon itself by not drafting a QB.

They refused to use him in the offense that suits him. That's on the Jets, not Tebow. If you were a Bronco fan last year and they never went after a certain all-time HOF player named Peyton Manning, you'd have loved you some Tim Tebow. I think if Gailey completely geared the Bills offense for Tebow (remember he made "Slash"), the Bills could actually win big games with him and possibly get into the playoffs. This team is so desperate that I think they should in fact consider Tebow as their 2013 starter.

One last thing, Gailey is not playing a rookie QB in his "money" year so the choices are slim for both him and the Bills. Do the Bills want to give Matt Flynn a long term contract knowing Gailey would be out the door if they suck again next year? Alex Smith? No way, they are not going to lock in long term on a veteran QB knowing that a new coach in 2014 might not like the guy they would be signing. It comes down to Vick or Tebow and Vick is seriously concussion prone. I'm not thrilled with Tebow, but I'm open to the one year experiment given the limited options this team has put upon itself by not drafting a QB.

Are you kidding? A rookie able to get to close to .500 would save his job. Otherwise it's playoffs or bust. I'd like my odds with a top rookie looking ok over playoffs with tebow at this point

The jets do not want to win another game . Sanchez or Tebow can get hot and win a game and scrow up their goal to finish with worst record than many other teams including the bills . They want to have the shot at any potintial QB in the draft before the 4 or 5 teams with similer records .

The bills should do the same and put in brad smith at QB and call it a season and play for draft picks .

Edited by killshot

Just stop it. This is a terrible idea.

I can't believe anyone would want Tebow here. Not that Fitz is better, but NO TO TEBOW!! For crying out loud, people, is this what we've become?!

Fitz is a lot better actually.... And I say that knowing that Fitz needs to be replaced as the starter.

Here's hoping Jacksonville picks him up, so we are saved of that train wreck.

One can only hope...

*Fingers crossed*

I will go on record right here and predict Tebow will never be an efficient, consistent Starter in the NFL...His skill set is not good enough, and there is no such thing as an Offensive Coordinator that can design a successful Offense around his strengths, because his strengths are too few...Y'all can remind me later if I'm wrong...But I doubt that's gonna happen...

Great kid...Not so good NFL QB... B-)

Fitz is a lot better actually.... And I say that knowing that Fitz needs to be replaced as the starter.

Not if you go by NFL "gut check" standards...

Last season Tebow had 6 game winning drives (one more than in Fitz's 59 career starts) and 7 comebacks (matching Fitz's 59 career starts).

We all cry about it's what you do on Sunday and how the Bills players rarely measure up on game day. Fitz had his chance, I'd rather give the ball to Tebow at this point if it was the choice between the two.

Size? nope

Armstrength? Nope

Accuracy? Nope

Scrambling Abilty? Nope

Running Threat? Nope

Turnover Prone? Yep

total BS

Tebow is not even a quarterback in the NFL

NFL qb's need to be able to read defenses and throw from within the pocket

and Fitz's accuracy is indeed not great but is MUCH better than Tebow's (things are a lot different when you throw 25 to 40 passes per game).

Beyond that... Size? who cares / Arm strength sure Tebow's got that one, Scrambling/running threat - who cares when thats all he can do. Turnover Prone- Do you remember when he played the Bills last year.

Anyway I'll stop now because this is the stupidest argument ever.

Sure let's compare our mediocre QB to a Tight end/ H-Back

Here is Tebow's "Accuracy" from last year: 126 completions, 271 attempts, 46.5 %

Edited by 34-78-83

My Tebow conditions

1. you gotta get Vince Young too

2. you gotta run a no huddle hurry up from beginning to end

3. no punting

4 QBs rotate when "winded"

optional but recommended

5. 3 TEs base set- Jared Cook and Martellus Bennett picked up in FA bring back Fendi Onobun, Carry 6 TEs total Scott Chandler, Dickerson,

6. 40% RB runs, 25% QBs runs 25% short to medium passes 10% bombs

7. Pick up Reggie Bush in freeagency

8. pair up QBs and RBs - Spiller/Tebow, Bush/Young, Jackson/Smith count total yards- second place is steak knives

total BS

Tebow is not even a quarterback in the NFL

NFL qb's need to be able to read defenses and throw from within the pocket

and Fitz's accuracy is indeed not great but is MUCH better than Tebow's (things are a lot different when you throw 25 to 40 passes per game).

Beyond that... Size? who cares / Arm strength sure Tebow's got that one, Scrambling/running threat - who cares when thats all he can do. Turnover Prone- Do you remember when he played the Bills last year.

Anyway I'll stop now because this is the stupidest argument ever.

Sure let's compare our mediocre QB to a Tight end/ H-Back

Here is Tebow's "Accuracy" from last year: 126 completions, 271 attempts, 46.5 %

Apparently not. NFL QBs need to possess the ball and keep the offense on the field.

Remember Brady's game in Buffalo last year? He must be bad. Generally, Tebow turns the ball over at meaningless times in the game. When the game is on the line, it is a different player under center.

"But look at his stats!" Last time I checked, the only thing the scoreboard keeps track of is points. Call me when the NFL changes the rules and decides the game winning team on passing yards and completion percentage.

Except the Broncos were on pace for a top 3 draft pick until Tebow took them to the playoffs and won a playoff game.

Yeah that reminds me of when Matt Moore went 4-1 down the stretch for Carolina in 2009. He threw 8 TDs to 1 int.

Tebow and Moore are not the only non-elite QBs who've strung together victories in the NFL.

For instance in 2008, Shaun Hill took over the starting job in San Francisco at midseason and went 5-3 for Mike Singletary's team. That same team was 2-6 in the first half of the 2008 season.

Tebow's little string of victories means little in the context of his consistently lousy subsequent performances.

On top of that is Tebow's inability to convince his last two NFL coaches that he is a starting quality quarterback.

Considering what a popular guy and media darling Tebow is, I'm positive that if he merits another chance to start in the NFL, that he will. If his NFL career ends up amounting to nothing but hype I'll continue to believe that he's not good enough.

If Tebow proves me wrong, I'll be the first to 'fess up.

Yeah that reminds me of when Matt Moore went 4-1 down the stretch for Carolina in 2009. He threw 8 TDs to 1 int.

Tebow and Moore are not the only non-elite QBs who've strung together victories in the NFL.

For instance in 2008, Shaun Hill took over the starting job in San Francisco at midseason and went 5-3 for Mike Singletary's team. That same team was 2-6 in the first half of the 2008 season.

Tebow's little string of victories means little in the context of his consistently lousy subsequent performances.

On top of that is Tebow's inability to convince his last two NFL coaches that he is a starting quality quarterback.

Considering what a popular guy and media darling Tebow is, I'm positive that if he merits another chance to start in the NFL, that he will. If his NFL career ends up amounting to nothing but hype I'll continue to believe that he's not good enough.

If Tebow proves me wrong, I'll be the first to 'fess up.

Also, can you imagine tebow in a shoot out? Cause we don't have that Denver defense.

I'd love to see him succeed and at times have said I wouldn't mind him but that's really going all in blindly and hoping you hit at this point if you are planning to really build around him.

Media darling? Lol this guys been the target of more smear campaigns and underhanded "anonymous" slams than any athlete in history.

And he has just as many devotees who love and admire him.

Also when I say media darling I meant someone who the media pays close and constant attention to. Maybe a bad choice of words but point being he's a very public figure. It's a big part of the reason he ended up on the Jets.

And he has just as many devotees who love and admire him.

Also when I say media darling I meant someone who the media pays close and constant attention to. Maybe a bad choice of words but point being he's a very public figure. It's a big part of the reason he ended up on the Jets.

Who were never serious about giving him a legit shot at starting QB