Polian or Whaley

A guy that had the fire for the game while coming back for a second stint and saw some success was coach Lou Saban. He resurrected OJ's career and made the Bills into a somewhat competitve force. Then he left again and we plunged back into the darkness of losing once again. I am too young to remember the exact circumstances of his second departure but I believe it was not a friendly parting of the ways.

I am just guessing but I don't think Polian has the urge to return here for a second run under current ownership. Especially since the people he had issues with, specifically Littman, are still here and more entrenched than ever.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hire Polian's son

You cannot be serious. Chris Polian never earned his stripes and succeeded in alienating many in that organization which directly led to his and dad's firing.

And, if you want to further lower the organization's reputation, eschew Whaley despite clear evidence he was hired for RW to get to know him and later assume the GM job. Not saying it'll be a home run, but this seems to be the plan.

everybody "knew" Peyton Manning was going to be good.

Everybody knew Ryan Leaf was going to be good as well and it was far from a lock that Manning would go #1. A large number of personnel people had Leaf rated more highly based on his superior physical tools.

Indy has not had a good running back. Peyton made the receivers.

Edgerrin James and to a lesser extent Joseph Addai would both disagree with you re: the running backs. Reggie Wayne still looks pretty darn good post-Manning and he and Marvin Harrison were both #1 picks. Polian also built and consistently reloaded an excellent offensive line.

You're shortchanging the man and it sounds silly. He was very successful in Carolian as well and he built that from the ground up. Before Kerry Collins' drinking got out of control he was on the path to big success and he did eventually QB a team to the Super Bowl despite that.

I would like to see the Whaley promoted to GM and Nix to stay on as and advisor to help him in the transition. Polian did the same in Indy with his son. Nix has a good eye for talent. Folks forget his first draft was for need and he forced some picks. Hindsight is 20/20. Polian does not want the day to day hassle as a GM so bringing him in would mean a whole new regime top to bottom. Whaley will bring a more vigorous and vibrant attitude and give fans hope. Indy brought in Ryan Grigson (40 years old) to replace Chris Polian and thst generated alot of excitement with the fan base. Time for youth to have a shot. Funny ting about the NFL you are old in your mid 30s for a player but young for a 40ish GM.

Good God NO!!!

Bill Polian fine, but along with the respectability likely his son would also come along. From what I've read he's a real piece of work and couldn't get a job in the NFL without Daddy's help. I honestly believe that's why Bill Polian was let go by the Colts. Irsay would have liked to have kept Bill, but knew he couldn't keep Bill and fire the son, so let them both go.

. Polian has the respect of the NFL and would bring respectability back to the Bills.

Hire Polian's son

It would most likely be Bill Polian as President and Chris Polian GM.

Good God NO!!!

Bill Polian fine, but along with the respectability likely his son would also come along. From what I've read he's a real piece of work and couldn't get a job in the NFL without Daddy's help. I honestly believe that's why Bill Polian was let go by the Colts. Irsay would have liked to have kept Bill, but knew he couldn't keep Bill and fire the son, so let them both go.

I'm thinking it was Chris who called Ralph's daughter the "c" word.

The notion of Polian coming back to Buffalo would be too good to be true. Now there is a man with a body of work behind him.

b

Bill Polian or the Bills will be a bust. If your old enough, like myself, to enjoy watching the Bills play in Superbowl's this choice is a No Brain-er. Kelly, Thomas, Biscuit, Odomes, Tasker are proof he knows what he is doing.

Edited by bisonbrigade

I live in Indy area and Polian and his son wore out ther welcome. His past few drafts yielded little and Chris was over his head, arrogant and did not have his fathers people skills (which should tell you alot). Colts realize once the Kerry Collins experiment failed that it was a lost season. They tanked it to get a QB for the future. Polian and son are toxic as a pair. Bill still knows talent but at best is a consultant. Go with Whaley and watch him improve the Bills.

Whaley.

Allow Nix to gracefully "retire" after the season which would in turn force Chan to pull a Mularkey and resign.

Whaley needs a clean slate. Let's see what the guy can do.

Are you Ralph Wilson ? You want them to retire so that you don't have to pay them B-) B-) B-)