What Incredibly Idiotic Move Will the Bills Make in the Offseason in a

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really should be a poll but I'm to lazy to set it up. OK, now. Here goes. The Bills "braintrust" decides it's more important to have Aaron Williams on the roster than Colin Kaepernick or Andy Dalton, more important to have Kelvin Sheppard than Ryan Mallett and more important to have T.J. Graham (!) than Russell Wilson or Kirk Cousins. So clearly, this offseason will be utter desparation time for Nix and/or Gailey (assuming either one is still here) to obtain an NFL-quality starting QB. Options include:

1) Trading a #1 for Matt Flynn or Cousins;

2) Using a Top Ten pick on someone who shouldn't go in the Top Ten (Barkley, Jones?);

3) Sign an over-the-hill FA (Michael Vick?).

If these are the options, I'd rather go with 3 - Vick or someone like him. I don't want to waste a Top Ten pick on a QB reach, either through trade or draft.

Retain Nix, Chan and Wanny.

Fitz is back as the starting QB

Lose Levitre and Urbik to Free Agency

Draft a CB in the 1st round of the draft

Ignore the LB position

Cut Fred Jackson, who the signs with Bellicheat

Sign a 5-year extension to play a home game in Toronto

The incredibly idiotic move the Bills will make in the offseason is they will not do anything. Nix, Gailey and Fitzpatrick will all be back. What they should do after firing everyone in sight is trade a first for Cousins, trade Spiller for a 1st and a 2nd (at least). Whomever is drafting, think "what would Buddy do here?" and do the complete opposite. Nope. They will all be back. Probably resign Merriman too, Then, when they are 2-6 next year, they will finally fire Chant and get the cheapest scrub coach available, he will go 3-5 and get a 3 year deal and Fitz will get an extension too. It's an all too real nightmare.

Starting guard Kraig Urbik is expected to sign a multi-year extension with the Buffalo Bills, ESPN.com's AFC East blog has learned. The Bills are hammering out a four-year agreement that should be finalized soon, according to a source.

Urbik, a two-year starter for the Bills, was scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in March. His versatility has been an asset for the Bills. The 27-year-old can play both guard positions, as well as center if needed.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/52469/source-bills-kraig-urbik-nearing-extension

Sorry to bring the bad news, but as long as Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones, Brad Smith, TJ Graham, and Scott Chandler are our "go to guys" dont expect much out of any QB we bring in. Draft, free agent, trade, etc. Andy Dalton looks much better with AJ Green there. Matt Ryan didnt even become a superstar until Julio Jones came in. Even Russell Wilsons weapons are far better than ours! That's not saying much. A legitimate star wideout, and a star linebacker are this teams immediate needs. You give me an AJ Green/Megatron type on the other side of Stevie Johnson and you watch how Fitzpatrick "becomes starting material".

Trading our first for Cousins would not be an idiotic move. This team must roll the dice on a "QB of the future" and he's looking like the best bet IMO. If he doesn't pan out then at least they tried.

What would be idiotic is putting a busted up "Vick" band-aid on the problem.

Ugh, so now we are chasing after rookie back up QBs to add to our vet back up QBs and our washed up back up QBs. It's time to get off of this Ferris wheel....

Ugh, so now we are chasing after rookie back up QBs to add to our vet back up QBs and our washed up back up QBs. It's time to get off of this Ferris wheel....

Cousins is moneybags. Whatchutalkinboutwilis? Bills missed on him in draft just like kaepernick, Russell Wilson etc.

This really should be a poll but I'm to lazy to set it up. OK, now. Here goes. The Bills "braintrust" decides it's more important to have Aaron Williams on the roster than Colin Kaepernick or Andy Dalton, more important to have Kelvin Sheppard than Ryan Mallett and more important to have T.J. Graham (!) than Russell Wilson or Kirk Cousins. So clearly, this offseason will be utter desparation time for Nix and/or Gailey (assuming either one is still here) to obtain an NFL-quality starting QB. Options include:

1) Trading a #1 for Matt Flynn or Cousins;

2) Using a Top Ten pick on someone who shouldn't go in the Top Ten (Barkley, Jones?);

3) Sign an over-the-hill FA (Michael Vick?).

If these are the options, I'd rather go with 3 - Vick or someone like him. I don't want to waste a Top Ten pick on a QB reach, either through trade or draft.

Isn't every offseason utter desperation?

Sorry to bring the bad news, but as long as Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones, Brad Smith, TJ Graham, and Scott Chandler are our "go to guys" dont expect much out of any QB we bring in. Draft, free agent, trade, etc. Andy Dalton looks much better with AJ Green there. Matt Ryan didnt even become a superstar until Julio Jones came in. Even Russell Wilsons weapons are far better than ours! That's not saying much. A legitimate star wideout, and a star linebacker are this teams immediate needs. You give me an AJ Green/Megatron type on the other side of Stevie Johnson and you watch how Fitzpatrick "becomes starting material".

Chandler plays well. The other WRs couldn't beat an egg, and this goofball spread offense, is just painful. Why Chan is so dam stubborn that he insists on these 5 WR sets and shotgun runs when you have spiller, f jax, a heavy o line and C-Mac is completely beyond me. I will never understand this. Every time they get into that stupid formation on a third and 3 or so I just shake my head.

I believe they have the personnel to run Houston or Chicago's offense well. Hold the ball , run the clock, rest the D front 4. Play action to the TE or Stevie and whoever the least abysmal other WR is.

Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, those are the QBs that should be playing with 5wrs... Not Fitz.