Nix changing his mind on Gailey?

Jerry Jabber

I still believe they will bring back Gailey. Maybe force him to dump Wanny and Modkins but I think Chan will be back.

I disagree. Like I've been saying since the early season blowout losses to New England and San Francisco, numerous GMs have been allowed to make a second head coaching hire. My prediction remains that Nix stays and gets to hire one more head coach at season's end.

Nix would not humiliate Gailey by firing him mid season. There is nothing to be gained from it. But I'm betting something major will change. If only to stop the loss of season ticket holders.

PTR

Many factors will go into the decision to fire Gailey after the season. The biggest one will be the unhappiness of the season ticket buyers.

An organization simply can't ignore their most loyal customers.

As for Nix's earlier "public support" of Gailey, it's amazing to me that some posters here still don't understand why that was a necessary public position.

As for the argument about Jauron getting another year when it wasn't deserved, he had just signed a new, lucrative, long-term extension when the Bills were 5-1 and the Bills were hoping beyond hope that they wouldn't have to eat the entire extension and they certainly weren't gonna fire him 10 weeks after signing him to the extension. The Bills probably ended up eating 3 years on Jauron though there's some salary offset to that because he was hired after leaving the Bills.

At season's end, the Bills will end up eating at most, 2 years of Gailey's contract.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Jauron got way more out his talent than Gailey has.

I am not sure I agree with this. Jauron was just as stubborn about playing guys, even when everyone in the stands, or watching at home, could see that someone else was better...the only way guys could crack the lineup under DJ was through injury.

Edited by Buftex

This is almost surreal. People were foaming at the mouth to get rid of Jauron, and were heralding Gailey as the coup the Bills pulled off hiring the guy that Jerry Jones said was his biggest mistake firing. And now more foaming to fire Gailey with no clue as to who would replace him.

Well, with the Cowboys stinking up the joint as well, maybe Jerrah will correct his biggest mistake ever ... ya think? ;)

I'm actually not too happy to hear this. Mainly because I'm more worried about who they are going to replace Gailey with.

So we have an incompetent head coach that needs to be replaced but we shouldn't fire him until we know who his replacement will be?

Do teams typically hire the new coach before firing the old one?

I didn't think so.

Mid Season was 6-7 weeks ago?

OK - I think the meaning was "IN-season".

It would be stupid to fire him rather than wait until after the season is over. All that does is make the franchise less appealing to potential hires.

Moreover, I should think Buddy needs to figure out for sure how much of what is wrong with the defense is on Wanny vice the players.

I am not sure I agree with this. Jauron was just as stubborn about playing guys, even when everyone in the stands, or watching at home, could see that someone else was better...the only way guys could crack the lineup under DJ was through injury.

Jim Harbaugh is the anti-Jauron... choosing to bench Smith and to allow Kaepernick to thrive was brilliant. I only WISH we could get a guy like that here.

I disagree. Like I've been saying since the early season blowout losses to New England and San Francisco, numerous GMs have been allowed to make a second head coaching hire. My prediction remains that Nix stays and gets to hire one more head coach at season's end.

How many did Donohoe hire? Just Williams and Mularkey, right?

Levy's FA moves were so brutal he didn't stay long enough to hire Jauron's replacement.

And who would we get as a replacement? Did we forget about Shanahan turning down $10 million to come here? Bill Cowher saying "no thanks"? How about Brian Schottenheimer refusing to even interview? Face it. The Bills are radioactive. No one with any rep will touch this team with a ten foot pole. Our only hope is to find a young up-and-comer itching for a chance in the NFL.

PTR

And who would we get as a replacement? Did we forget about Shanahan turning down $10 million to come here? Bill Cowher saying "no thanks"? How about Brian Schottenheimer refusing to even interview? Face it. The Bills are radioactive. No one with any rep will touch this team with a ten foot pole. Our only hope is to find a young up-and-comer itching for a chance in the NFL.

PTR

So we shouldn't fire Gailey?

How many did Donohoe hire? Just Williams and Mularkey, right?

Levy's FA moves were so brutal he didn't stay long enough to hire Jauron's replacement.

Levy's draft don't look so bad though. Lynch, Whitner, Kyle Williams, Poz are all playing really well.

I just don't think those Jauron teams had any real talent. Din't we start the A train at some points? I think this Bills team is way more talented than those teams. And that's why the coach needs to be changed.

Polian just put together a 2-14 team that was based on what player. He hired Jim Caldwell, who was awful in his only head coaching stint at Wake Forest. Stop looking for glory days and get new fresh blood.

And I hate yelling to fire people but this team has made no progress and actually regressed. We had a garbage schedule and we blew it. No other team in the NFL would tolerate this. Fire the whole staff except the oline coach.

And don't forget, Polian was putting his less-than-effective son in charge of everything in Indy, which is precisely why they fired him.

If you think Nix is old - listen to a Polian interview these days. He's in no shape to be a GM anymore.

PTR

As long as RW is owner i agree!

However...

When hes not id bet the Bills are more appealing!

RW has burnt way too many bridges in the NFL!

So we have an incompetent head coach that needs to be replaced but we shouldn't fire him until we know who his replacement will be?

Do teams typically hire the new coach before firing the old one?

I didn't think so.

Or we could just do what the Bills have been doing for the past decade and fire one incompetent head coach and replace him with another. It's all the same to me.