Texanites vs Cheatriots - Game thread

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an absolutely awesome team to watch. I really like watching them play. Great team. Great coaching. Fantastic. I'm over the hate. They're just damn good.

I like watching them just to figure out what inexplicably bizarre calls they're going to get. That PI call from last night still kills me. :lol:

This whole Patriots cheating thing is just sad. They just happen to be one of the best coached teams in history with one of the best QBs in history. Put those two together and you get what we saw last night and pretty much every Sunday.

^^^ This!

Brady doesn't matter. You can put Matt Cassell back in there and the Pats will win just as easily.

Are you the same guy who calls WGR stating that Jim Kelly should be the next coach of the Bills? You are completely delusional if you can't see the difference between Brady and Cassel.

The Pat*s are a flawed team. Their O-Line and secondary are suspect. Other than Welker, i don't think their receivers scare anyone . . . But watching them last night . . . Brady is magnificent and probably (IMHO) the best quarterback to ever play with the exception of Montana. Vince Wilfork is playing all world this season

Secondly, they are extremely well coached. There is always a wrinkle, something new, the quick snaps . . . They dictate to you. It's rarely the other way.

Sunday's game against a big, fast and nasty 49'ers team should be interesting.

That said, barring a miracle, look for the Pat*s to be playing for all the marbles in February. Who in the AFC is going to beat them?

You are completely delusional if you can't see the difference between Brady and Cassel.

I sure didn't see any difference between the two when Cassell filled in for Brady in '08! And Cassell was a rookie that year who never started a game in college. It's easy to be a good QB when you have someone telling you in your ear which receiver is open as well as the other team's defensive schemes.

I hate the Pats as much as any other Bills fan, but that doesn't mean I can't recognize a good team when I see it. They're a good team, with balance on offense and a defense that seems to be coming together. The Texans couldn't run the ball, they couldn't throw the ball. And they have an offense that can do both.

Their defense was picked apart by Brady, and it didn't matter what they tried to do. If they blitzed, he found the hot receiver almost every time. If they rushed four, he was able to go through his read progressions with plenty of time to spare. No amount of cheating can make that happen. That's their O-line just dominating.

If they make it to the superbowl, I'll do what I've always done. I'll wait until the fourth quarter, hope the game is close, and hopefully watch them lose in some painful way, like a dropped pass or missed kick.

I sure didn't see any difference between the two when Cassell filled in for Brady in '08! And Cassell was a rookie that year who never started a game in college. It's easy to be a good QB when you have someone telling you in your ear which receiver is open as well as the other team's defensive schemes.

Ah yes. Its all a conspiracy . The Pats continue to cheat.

Brady threw FIFTY TD's in '07. Remind me what Cassel did in '08 that makes you believe that "there is no difference" between the two?

Also, explain how someone is in Brady's ear while the play is going on telling him which WR is open? All in a matter of seconds. If you are going to play the cheating card(which is getting a little long in the tooth), at least get the story staight.

Cassel was in his fourth year, and had 5 fewer wins than Brady had on pretty much the same team, there wasn't a lot of turnover on the roster that year

Yep...Brady drops back, McDaniels yells, "deep left!" and that's where he throws. One of the dumbest posts I've ever read and that's saying something.

Id say odds right now favor giants pats rematch.

I'm thinking Niners-Pats in the Super Bowl and as luck would have it, I believe those two play each other this week.

As far as who represents the NFC, no doubt Eli is way above Kaepernick but I actually think the Niners are superior in every other facet and that they'll likely have home field in a hypothetical NFC Championship Game against the Giants.

I'm thinking Niners-Pats in the Super Bowl and as luck would have it, I believe those two play each other this week.

As far as who represents the NFC, no doubt Eli is way above Kaepernick but I actually think the Niners are superior in every other facet and that they'll likely have home field in a hypothetical NFC Championship Game against the Giants.

But giants smothered 9ers in SF earlier in a statement game, and with the way they obliterated saints last week I get the feeling they're starting to get hot at the right time again. Another game to keep an eye on will be giants @ falcons ... If they win there too in another place they could revisit in playoffs , I'd definitely see them as NFC favorites.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Sunday's game against a big, fast and nasty 49'ers team should be interesting.

I think it'll be a fun game to watch, as long as San Fran is on their game. For some reason, I don't see Kaepernick pulling this one out, though.

That said, barring a miracle, look for the Pat*s to be playing for all the marbles in February. Who in the AFC is going to beat them?

They're still the class of the AFC and certainly made a statement on Monday night, but let's not let one game dictate the Superbowl participants. They're still not the #1 seed right now and will probably have to win on the road to get to the big game. Not that they can't, but if they have to play the AFC championship game in Houston, I think the Texans will remember this shellacking.

Id say odds right now favor giants pats rematch.

PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never been more sick and tired of two teams in my life.

Really? You do realize that was precisely what happened. Why is it dumb to think that it doesn't still happen?

So....to get this straight...what was happening is that the Pats* were able to tap into the communication system so that the coach could talk Brady through every play, like he's a robot. Brady's success came from his ability to synthesize the coach's words and make a split second throw based on his coach telling him who is open. That's what you are saying. You should have stopped with your first statement.

Are you effing kidding me? Have you played the damn game, let alone the QB position? Do you know what SPYGATE was? Step back, take a deep breath, do some research, then come back and talk. I'll wait. Wow.

If Brady is truly the football version of Milli Vanilli there has to be more proof than "they win too many games to not be cheating"

Yep. The coaches, allegedly, have installed electrical impulse switches to his arm as well. This is why he has an accurate cannon.

So....to get this straight...what was happening is that the Pats* were able to tap into the communication system so that the coach could talk Brady through every play, like he's a robot. Brady's success came from his ability to synthesize the coach's words and make a split second throw based on his coach telling him who is open. That's what you are saying. You should have stopped with your first statement.

Are you effing kidding me? Have you played the damn game, let alone the QB position? Do you know what SPYGATE was? Step back, take a deep breath, do some research, then come back and talk. I'll wait. Wow.

and more than likely, this was a guy up in the booth telling a guy down on the sideline to radio it to him.... unless josh mcdaniels is able to make all the reads from the sideline that brady cant from the pocket.

and more than likely, this was a guy up in the booth telling a guy down on the sideline to radio it to him.... unless josh mcdaniels is able to make all the reads from the sideline that brady cant from the pocket.

Yep...all too unbelievable. Brady is one of the best ever. Period.

I've read the excerpts you are referring to. I shall reiterate: If you or anyone pins Brady's success on an alleged voice in his ear, you know little to nothing about the game of football and the quarterbacking position.

Answer this question Is anyone questioning Brady himself?

I beleive many are saying that we question the coach, the team, how it functions and how they have been favored since 9-11-2001. The season EVERYONE wanted the PATRIOTS to win.

Yep...all too unbelievable. Brady is one of the best ever. Period.

Do you have a Brady shrine in you man cave? Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Josh McDaniels was a defensive player/coach who became Brady's QB coach in NE even though he had no QB or offensive experience. He was later promoted to Offensive Coordinator under the Pats. Labeled a young offensive mastermind, McDaniels was hired as head coach of the Broncos where he went out of his way to obtain Matt Cassel, a player who was entrenched in the Pats' "system." As head coach of the Broncos, McDaniels also hired one of the fellows from Spygate who taped Pats' opponents. Later, the two were involved in their own mini-Spygate scandal, which was quietly swept under the rug by the NFL and the media. McDaniels once admitted that the Pats actually practiced cheating. It is not inconceivable that the Pats would have the whole thing down to a science.

Edited by distortions

Go read it then come back and we'll talk NFL football, not 911 conspiracies.

I beleive many are saying that we question the coach, the team, how it functions and how they have been favored since 9-11-2001. The season EVERYONE wanted the PATRIOTS to win.

Do you have a Brady shrine in you man cave?

Nice! A 9/11 tie in---way to close the crazy circle!

So the pats were allowed to win the Sb that year because of 9/11 and because they are called the "patriots"?

Easily the dumbest theory yet.

Josh McDaniels was a defensive player/coach who became Brady's QB coach in NE even though he had no QB or offensive experience. He was later promoted to Offensive Coordinator under the Pats. Labeled a young offensive mastermind, McDaniels was hired as head coach of the Broncos where he went out of his way to obtain Matt Cassel, a player who was entrenched in the Pats' "system." As head coach of the Broncos, McDaniels also hired one of the fellows from Spygate who taped Pats' opponents. Later, the two were involved in their own mini-Spygate scandal, which was quietly swept under the rug by the NFL and the media. McDaniels once admitted that the Pats actually practiced cheating. The Pats have the whole thing down to a science.

Yes. Videotaping other teams signals and defenses along with down and distance. So yes, they probably often knew what defense others were in. There's no disputing that, nor it's a doubt there's an advantage. But that's not what you said. Nor is it a guarantee of success. We could implement the same thing with the Bills and there is no way Fitzpatrick even dreams of the success Brady enjoys. Why? Because Brady is an elite talent. Fitz is not. You still have to make the read and execute the throw.

Nice! A 9/11 tie in---way to close the crazy circle!

So the pats were allowed to win the Sb that year because of 9/11 and because they are called the "patriots"?

Easily the dumbest theory yet.

Now now WEO. I didn't say they wom the SB that year because of 9-11. I said that because of 9-11 Americans wanted Patriotism to rule and what better form that the Partiots.

As to conspiracies ...... :D :D :D

When was the TUCK rule used?

The 2001 AFC divisional playoff game, January 19, 2002.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

It's amazing how much credit Brady gets. Yeah, he is really goood. But his offensive line is the thing that has made him a hall of fame player. Really, I can't tell you how many times I've seen him stand back there for 7-8 seconds and throw a TD.

Brady doesn't matter. You can put Matt Cassell back in there and the Pats will win just as easily.

Read above to your posted question. Yes.

Do you have a Brady shrine in you man cave?

lol. Are you serious, or is this a troll post? I'll respond, if only to entertain myself. I cheered when Brady went down for the season and hope he retires tomorrow. I am sick of playing him. But as a football fan, not just a Bills homer, I appreciate the talent and the will to win he brings every effing week. Did you see when he ran for that first down? He fired the crowd and his team up. I pray that, sometime in my lifetime, we have a QB here with 75% of his talent, because it will be 100% better than the crap we have trotted out there for over a decade. If you can't appreciate that talent, that's entirely your prerogative.

Now now WEO. I didn't say they wom the SB that year because of 9-11. I said that because of 9-11 Americans wanted Patriotism to rule and what better form that the Partiots.

As to conspiracies ...... :D :D :D

When was the TUCK rule used?

The 2001 AFC divisional playoff game, January 19, 2002.

Yeah, that was the dumb part. And if you aren't saying 9/11 had anything to do with the pats winning that SB, what are you saying?

Aaaaaaand, this thread went completely batshit crazy. Nice work, gents. Not sure what is crazier though, throwing 9/11 conspiracy theories into a football thread or not realizing Tom Brady as unquestionably one of the best QBs in the history of the game.

My inclusion of the 9/11 book was to point out the absurdity of conspiracy theories....but then it took a turn for the worse...lol