Trade for Kirk Cousins

Brady was a backup in NE. Kurt Warner was a backup in St Louis. Brett Favre was a backup in Atlanta. Matt Schaub was a backup in Atlanta. Should I go on?

And none were traded for 1sts after one year, except for the guy picked 33rd. And that was 20 years ago done by a guy planning to take him at 34 and that year later was GM of a different team

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is TBD,so we have all seen much worse ideas than this! Buddy said he wants a qb, there may be only 2 franchise type available next year. Drafting at 7-12 won't get us either of them. So would you rather have a Landry Jones type in the 2nd round or trade your 2nd for a guy you passed 4 times on the last draft?

I say swallow your pride/mistake and send them a 2 and a 6 for him. They need draft picks and we need hope!

Brady was a backup in NE. Kurt Warner was a backup in St Louis. Brett Favre was a backup in Atlanta. Matt Schaub was a backup in Atlanta. Should I go on?

Wasn't Fitzpatrick a backup? How about Rob Johnson? Wasn't he a backup, too? Uh, no need to go on..

We didn't trade for Fitzpatrick. Your argument is invalid.

Re-read the original post.

I don't think the Bills traded for Johnson either. But they got him.

But really, since the trade deadline has long past this entire thread, including your original post, is invalid.

I don't think the Bills traded for Johnson either. But they got him.

But really, since the trade deadline has long past this entire thread, including your original post, is invalid.

Johnson as a 4th rounder back up traded for a 1 and 4 after about 30 passes in 2 seasons is probably the closest comp I could think of.

If anyone thinks this draft class is full of QB's they need to lay off the candy, and i'm not talkin about skittles. This class looks god awful when it comes to QB's and Kirk Cousin's is still very very new there's practically no footage on his for teams to prepare for. Understand that it's a whole different thing when the back-up QB comes in and does well when the opposing team has prepared to play the starter.